Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Twilight Zone (2019)

Started by Ham Bap, February 24, 2020, 01:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ham Bap

Finally being broadcast in the UK tomorrow night on SYFY channel.
Been patiently waiting for this to be shown over here.
I streamed a couple last year when this was on in the US but prefer to watch it on a big TV.

I love The Twilight Zone, original series, and listen to a fair few podcasts on it.
The Twilight Zone podcast (Tom Elliot) and the Twilight Pwn.

The reviews say this is overall a good watch though the episodes may run a little too long.
Same as the original series, some of the longer episodes were a chore to get through.

Any other fans?

Malcy

Big fan of the original series but haven't seen these new ones. I downloaded a few when they came out but ended up just deleting them.

I saw reviews that were 50/50 on how good they were and just couldn't be bothered. I liked the fact that they were 20-25 mins long originally and they managed to tell great stories in that timeframe and feel that with these being longer they will just be full of filler. Are they 45 min(ish) episodes?

Ham Bap

Quote from: Malcy on February 24, 2020, 01:26:34 PM
Big fan of the original series but haven't seen these new ones. I downloaded a few when they came out but ended up just deleting them.

I saw reviews that were 50/50 on how good they were and just couldn't be bothered. I liked the fact that they were 20-25 mins long originally and they managed to tell great stories in that timeframe and feel that with these being longer they will just be full of filler. Are they 45 min(ish) episodes?

Yeah I think they vary between 35-50 minute episodes, or at least one episode is 35 minutes, the rest could be longer.
I read there is a really good stand out episode in these new ones, think it may be the final episode in the series.

I still watch the original series, was off work last week and stuck it on a couple of nights late on, the perfect time to watch!

Bobby Treetops

I've heard there's some right old shit in the new series, so can anyone recommend the decent ones to watch, so I can save an hour of my ever diminishing time left on earth.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on February 24, 2020, 02:02:36 PM
I've heard there's some right old shit in the new series, so can anyone recommend the decent ones to watch, so I can save an hour of my ever diminishing time left on earth.

Here's the thread for when it was broadcast in the US - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=72444.0 - I only watched the second episode, thought it was okay but nothing more than that, and didn't bother with the rest.

Ham Bap

The whole series can be downloaded on Sky if anyone wanted to dip in and out of episodes.

SavageHedgehog

I'm quite fond of the 80s version, particularly the Wordplay episode where people around the protagonist start speaking non-sensical sentences, which accelerates until he can't understand anything anyone says. A creepy idea I think of fairly often. I have a soft spot for anthology shows in general, I'll have to give this a shot.

olliebean

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on February 28, 2020, 01:14:31 PM
I'm quite fond of the 80s version, particularly the Wordplay episode where people around the protagonist start speaking non-sensical sentences, which accelerates until he can't understand anything anyone says. A creepy idea I think of fairly often. I have a soft spot for anthology shows in general, I'll have to give this a shot.

That's an actual neurological condition, isn't it? I'm sure I've seen it portrayed in at least a couple of other shows.

Custard

I've waffled on about my love of the original series on here a few times, so I won't here, but yep I love the 80's version too

The episode I think of quite a lot is Dreams For Sale. It's just so unnerving and heartbreaking

https://youtu.be/CeJgK0PTGp4