Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weinstein Guilty

Started by bgmnts, February 24, 2020, 04:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/24/harvey-weinstein-guilty-trial-charges-verdict

Only took the jury five days.

Iron rod to take the hit or the first domino to fall? It'll probably be the latter because it's Chinatown but who knows.

imitationleather

Wow. I really thought he'd get away with it.

imitationleather

Ah, not guilty of first-degree rape though.

Shit Good Nose

I was fairly confident he'd be found guilty of something in all this, but I expected that to only happen about six to nine months down the line.  Given the size of the case and the stature of Weinstein, five days is an eye blink.

I'm guessing he'll appeal, though, which could start the whole process again if an appeal is accepted.

marquis_de_sad

That they could do this to a frail, kindly old man is really so sad.

Chollis

Yes, should've been acquitted due to ill health, poor bloke.

Blumf

What's the difference between all these degrees (1st, 2nd, 3rd)  of rape?

Alberon

I hope he can get his money back for that zimmer frame.

Crabwalk

Looking forward to his next production: 'Prolonged Bleeding'.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blumf on February 24, 2020, 05:00:11 PM
What's the difference between all these degrees (1st, 2nd, 3rd)  of rape?

The internet says:

QuoteRape in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of rape in the first degree when such person engages in sexual intercourse with another person by forcible compulsion where the perpetrator or an accessory:
(a) Uses or threatens to use a deadly weapon or what appears to be a deadly weapon; or
(b) Kidnaps the victim; or
(c) Inflicts serious physical injury, including but not limited to physical injury which renders the victim unconscious; or
(d) Feloniously enters into the building or vehicle where the victim is situated.
(2) Rape in the first degree is a class A felony.

A person is guilty of rape in the second degree when:
1. being eighteen years old or more, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person less than fifteen years old; or
2. he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally disabled or mentally incapacitated.
It shall be an affirmative defense to the crime of rape in the second degree as defined in subdivision one of this section that the defendant was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act.
Rape in the second degree is a class D felony.

A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when:
1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is incapable of consent by reason of some factor other than being less than seventeen years old;
2. Being twenty-one years old or more, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person less than seventeen years old; or
3. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without such person's consent where such lack of consent is by reason of some factor other than incapacity to consent.

I'm obviously glad he's been found guilty, but will wait to hear what the sentence is before celebrating too much.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 24, 2020, 05:15:49 PM
I'm obviously glad he's been found guilty, but will wait to hear what the sentence is before celebrating too much.

All media outlets seem to be suggesting that he WILL be facing jail time, and in a normal state prison as well.  His real punishment might start when (if) he goes in - most violent criminals still hate rapists don't they?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 24, 2020, 05:22:58 PM
All media outlets seem to be suggesting that he WILL be facing jail time, and in a normal state prison as well.  His real punishment might start when (if) he goes in - most violent criminals still hate rapists don't they?

If you can get drugs into and out of prisons you can get one of the richest men in the world a cushy corner and private security. Or rather he can, and will if he has to.

They should do like on Elder Scrolls where you relinquish your wealth and assets when you are imprisoned, maybe anyone with the means at least. That would make some of these cunts sit up at least.

Sentence due on 11 March; faces five to twenty-five years; other sex assault charges outstanding in Los Angeles.

tourism

not as much as they like extorting your cosbys and your weinsteins I don't think, but it's a nice thought

Blumf

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Weinstein a go go (to jail)

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on February 24, 2020, 06:05:39 PM
Weinstein a go go (to jail)

I like that record you're referencing there-probably more than Weinstein's gonna like HIS record!

alan nagsworth

Such a shame his career is in tatters, he'll never have the chance to do a Graham Norton and earn true notoriety releasing his own brand of Sparkling White Wein.

Bence Fekete

Someone should deepfake his face into The Shawshank Redemption but cut off the ending.

R Kelly next.  I reckon that dude's probation officer ain't been born yet.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Come on baby can't you see
I stand accused of rape in the third degree

thenoise

He's a rich white old man, he's not gonna get bully-bummed in the showers. But it won't be as nice as his mansion or whatever that's for sure.

Might watch the Burning to 'celebrate'.

oy vey

5 years, out in 2, jizzing on plants in 1 (con-jungle visits).

Mike Upchat

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 24, 2020, 06:25:03 PM
Such a shame his career is in tatters, he'll never have the chance to do a Graham Norton and earn true notoriety releasing his own brand of Sparkling White Wein.

Actually, before becoming a film mogul, one of his earliest ventures was marketing a mix of his own body fluids and sherry as an ointment to be rubbed on ladies' breasts to make them bigger.

Harvey's Bristol Cream.

Urinal Cake

Weinstein will get suicided.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 24, 2020, 09:57:26 PM
Weinstein will get suicided.

I wish I could tell you that Harvey fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that, but prison is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it...but that mangina was too juicy for some to pass up.

Noodle Lizard

Yeah, did anything come of that whole Harvey's Vagina strand? Surely that'd be one of the easiest testimonies to disprove.

bgmnts

Weinstein
Guilty

Looks like the start of an Only Connect clue.

idunnosomename

what the fuck did this sweaty old pervert even do? i mean i least michael jackson did a couple of top tunes

bgmnts

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 24, 2020, 11:19:14 PM
what the fuck did this sweaty old pervert even do? i mean i least michael jackson did a couple of top tunes

Produced 81 oscar winners.

Would be funny if the thriller that is based of these events (probably with Mark Ruffalo playing a gimpy journalist) wins an oscar.