Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best (read worst) Cover Band Names

Started by SteK, February 25, 2020, 03:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropshadow

"Aye" - the Yes tribute band, composed of either Scots, or Geordies. Or ex-members of the Royal Navy, of course. Or "No". Oh dear.......

Six Pence None the Richard

Hes a one man band

Dr Syntax Head

Jihaddaway. I think this is a made up one from Adam and joe but it stuck in my mind

SteK

Camper Van Beethoven is a good name - real though, not a tribute band....

Chancer The Rapper
Swizz Khalifa
Mock Miller
Travis Not

Cuellar

NoSleep

Cuellar

Quote from: NoSleep on March 01, 2020, 03:03:46 PM
Never heard of the Foot Fighters.

Foo FIGHTERS. FIGHTERS.

UK Foo Fighters. Rubbish name.

olliebean

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 01, 2020, 03:15:18 PM
The Faux Fighters

Chandler, Ross, Monica, Phoebe and Joey from off of Friends have let themselves go. Especially Monica.

flotemysost

Quote from: Cuellar on March 01, 2020, 02:48:30 PM
The UK Foo Fighers

I remember one year at Reading (probably 2007/8) there was a band with an afternoon slot on one of the smaller stages billed as "The FF'ers" and everyone was going nuts, saying the Foo Fighters were doing a 'secret set'.

Massive crowd gathers, the band walk on stage... turns out it really was just a band called The FF'ers (not a tribute act or anything), for which they obviously got pelted with bottles, shoes, handfuls of mud etc. by a load of disgruntled idiots. I mean it's a shit name, but still.

hummingofevil

Quote from: purlieu on February 25, 2020, 07:12:40 PM
To this day I find it astonishing to believe that, at the peak / tipping point of britpop, Oasis tribute band No Way Sis actually charted. And played Top of the Pops. There is no single nadir of culture, obviously, but those three minutes of television were a nadir of culture.

Thé clip has quite the surprise guest too.

https://youtu.be/_8ts_ntz46s

idunnosomename

imagine forming a tribute act to the foo fighters though. desolation

Famous Mortimer

jobotic

Rich Uncle Skeleton

QuoteWorthy of a Glastonbury performance

Yeah the George and Pilgrim Hotel with support act: cold cuts buffet at 7.30.

Jockice

This is happening in the park just up the road from me soon. I think I'll be washing my hair that day.

https://www.fakefestivals.co.uk/2020/Sheffield.html

idunnosomename

"These bands have to be seen to be believed."

God a coldplay tribute. Seen to be believed indeed

jobotic

A fake Kasabian, fucking hell. Kasabian already being a fake Primal-Scream-at-their-very-worst-and-most-embarrassing.

idunnosomename

I bet the bowie tribute is a bit of fun. They seem to focus on the guitar 70s glam songs with big hits from later on. I dont mind tribute bands if they are good bands (as in they play well together) who do an authentic musical performance of songs that otherwise you wouldnt get to hear live, but this "squint and it could be the real thing" bollocks can take a hike

Cuellar

Quote from: Jockice on March 03, 2020, 09:53:31 AM
This is happening in the park just up the road from me soon. I think I'll be washing my hair that day.

https://www.fakefestivals.co.uk/2020/Sheffield.html

Endcliffe park?

End life park.

Mentallica. Singer was Irish which made the between song banter particularly incongruous.

Always thought The Australian Pink Floyd was a pretty awful name too.

samadriel

Much like The Australian Doors Show.

Jockice

What about The Scottish REM. Or, as some people call them, Idlewild.

imitationleather

The Oxford Street Preachers

No they don't do covers of some Welsh band. Instead it's three lads with megaphones who pay tribute to that guy who used to be everywhere in central London shouting "Don't be a sinner, be a winner!" and pestering tourists by telling them that if they don't repent they'll end up like Princess Diana, until he was given an ASBO and forced to stop.

Fisher Goes Berserk