Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shrove Tuesday: flip them, fold them, fuck them

Started by Bazooka, February 25, 2020, 03:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Everyone has pancake mania, lemon juice squirting every which way but lose. Are you going to be absolved from your sins?

Haven't had a pancake race for eons, would win easily after years of high velocity wanks.

You are probably going to the avocado bistro for an avocado and truffle oil pancake, served in a sink just like momma used to make.

bgmnts

Can you imagine how fucking good that supper was after 40 days fasting? Fucking hell.

Sebastian Cobb

Can't be fucked. Eat gram flour pancakes on the regs though. They're better anyway.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Shrove it up yourself!

I was looking after some chickens last year and, in an attempt to use up the surplus of eggs, I invented soufflé pancakes. I might make those for tea.

thenoise

Did you know that lent 'traditionally' doesn't include Sundays? It's 40 days plus a load of Sundays. I could give up almost anything for 6 days a week.

2 facebook friends so far have shared that clip from Maid Marion.

hamfist

TESCO deso last night: no flour left. Had to reach up to the high shelf and get some down off a pallet.

Bazooka

Quote from: hamfist on February 25, 2020, 04:20:33 PM
TESCO deso last night: no flour left. Had to reach up to the high shelf and get some down off a pallet.

Broken Britain

Had shallow-fried batterflaps aka so-called "pancakes" this morning. The missus had lemon and sugar, I had a bit of chocolate spread on mine. Then at 11 I was absolutely starving because I'd normally have eggs and the nutritional deficit was enormous. Cheers Jesus, you desert twat.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: hamfist on February 25, 2020, 04:20:33 PM

Surely the deso version is that bottle you just pour water and /or milk into and shake?

Which is what I just had because I don't ever have them (only had one now to try Gu hazelnut and choc spread - nice, like a posh darker Nutella, but not worth the Real Ripoff Price), and Mrs Nose couldn't be arsed to do them from scratch.

Dewt

Saw two pictures from UK-based restaurants making American-style pancakes with lemon and sugar

It's no doubt because a bunch of young Brits searched "pancake recipe" as part of keeping their tradition alive and SOCIETY wasn't there to say "THAT'S THE WRONG KIND OF PANCAKE, UGLY"

petril

chveik

idunnosomename

oh fuck me, it's lent tomorrow! and I haven't made any ash!!! this used to be easy when you could just go down the pub and empty out the ashtrays

Bazooka

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 25, 2020, 06:05:16 PM
oh fuck me, it's lent tomorrow! and I haven't made any ash!!! this used to be easy when you could just go down the pub and empty out the ashtrays

That's why you cook your pancakes at the crematorium.

alan nagsworth

Nutella is it mate? Ooh love that Nutella, cheeky bit of Nutella. Cheeky bit, but what I mean is cheeky half a jar! Ooh don't leave me alone with a jar of Nutella and a spoon! Who am I kidding I wouldn't even need a spoon! Love it!!!

Here cunt how about just sprinkle your pancakes with orang-utan tears and cocaine and then strap an open-mouth gag into your face and jump in a freezing cold canal and choke to death on dog eggs and rats cum

bgmnts

Marner and Me

Not religious, don't have them, shove that up yer bollocks.

Cuellar

Had a microwave pancake out of a packet with lots of nutella at work. That's it, that's all I'm going to do.

imitationleather

UberEats is delivering McDonald's pancakes until 11:59pm. Lads you have until 11:59pm. One minute before midnight. Do not leave it until midnight if you want McDonald's pancakes.

shiftwork2

You can't beat lemon and sugar.  Preferably Jif, remember that?  Little plastic cunt lemons.  We had those when Britain was something.  And now we've got Brexit done we're heading back to the glorious Britain of 74-79.  Power cuts and the National Front.  Polyester slacks on the washing line.  And that curious smell when you slightly burn a bit of a pancake.  I'd like to see them renamed Spitfire pancakes.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 25, 2020, 06:47:15 PM
You can't beat lemon and sugar.  Preferably Jif, remember that?  Little plastic cunt lemons.  We had those when Britain was something.  And now we've got Brexit done we're heading back to the glorious Britain of 74-79.  Power cuts and the National Front.  Polyester slacks on the washing line.  And that curious smell when you slightly burn a bit of a pancake.  I'd like to see them renamed Spitfire pancakes.

I think KTC do lemon juice in a little plastic lemon still. Expensive compared to the bottles though.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 25, 2020, 06:04:13 PM
Happy Danny John-Jules day motherfuckers

Went in a games shop last year that had this on a loop. I like it but jesus not twenty times in a row while trying to shop. Obviously the guy behind the counter thought he was a wacky sort but I'll bet he'd snapped come closing time and killed a couple of customers.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: bgmnts on February 25, 2020, 06:25:45 PM
I can see why people like Nutella, it's nice.

Nutella is horrible. It's like cheap Easter chocolate mixed with peanuts. Get fucked.

seepage

Nice change having proper pancakes abroad instead of microwaved own-brand ones at work. Too much lemon and hardly any sugar though. 4/10.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 25, 2020, 08:19:59 PM
Nutella is horrible. It's like cheap Easter chocolate mixed with peanuts. Get fucked.
in the Nutella jar

bgmnts

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 25, 2020, 08:19:59 PM

I had to make do with it most days in a sandwich for school lunchtime so I must have built up a an immunity.

I'd probably put Biscoff on one now.

Rizla

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 25, 2020, 04:00:52 PM
Can't be fucked. Eat gram flour pancakes on the regs though. They're better anyway.
Yeah boi. I learned to make these from Madhur Jaffrey's "Eastern Vegetarian Cookery",  a proper treasure trove of a cookbook for the hard of moneyhaving. I sometimes lived off them for days when it came to the end of the giro cycle. Her mung dal na poora is another class indian flat pancooked foodstuff, bit more faff but very delicious.   

idunnosomename

for Lent I am giving up fucking my French Maid vacuum cleaner cosies

of course I am allowed to fuck them on the Sundays because they are feast days

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 25, 2020, 09:21:24 PM
for Lent I am giving up fucking my French Maid vacuum cleaner cosies

of course I am allowed to fuck them on the Sundays because they are feast days

Keep fucking the maid, give up food, eat the bag on Sundays.