Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How can people be this willfully stupid

Started by Dewt, February 26, 2020, 02:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on February 26, 2020, 04:05:30 PM
it's true everything posted here does have to matter, it's a waste of time to just chat away about things that fall below a certain line of importance, i am glad that there are people here who have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to determine what people should talk about

Effort/Passion invested vs. Significance of event is a valid thing to criticise, especially where it appears to be mildly affecting someone's mental health.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 26, 2020, 04:07:50 PM
Effort/Passion invested vs. Significance of event is a valid thing to criticise, especially where it appears to be mildly affecting someone's mental health.

Why are you being such a bastard of late? Certainly the snide-mines you repeatedly lay for me to trip over are related to your tedious endlessly-restated opinion regarding ignoring trolls being ineffective or unrealistic or whatever, but stuff like this or the really unpleasant character assassination of Kryton... What gives there?

New folder

Twitter spats don't matter and I hope my Bastards Club membership card is in the post as we speak.

of course they don't matter, but in this context who gives a shit whether they do or don't

Dewt

Shoulders the main thread I can remember you creating is you being fucking outraged at a woman for complaining about inaccurate sizes in clothing and you've been an irredeemable medieval reenactment enthusiast ever since in the eyes of society and so can piss off about what matters, because it's clearly decided on what you personally care about

I'm happy to be wrong about the intentions of the article but from the one image in that tweet and the accompanying text it seems like it's just a bad graphic. Would genuinely prefer to be wrong than for this many people to be just be unreasonable.

Maybe the lesson here is that people write in so much fluff it's impossible to even figure out what the fuck they mean.

Barry Admin

Anything can provoke an interesting discussion, and spiral off into unexpected tangents. A N Y T H I N G.

Dewt

Oh I was wrong! https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-privilege-pyramid

QuoteSocial justice and its enforcers have created an ever-evolving, never-satisfied new class of people: the victims of privilege, who in turn become the privileged by victimization. They are our privileged victims.

I guess my mistake was not expecting something so shit to be published and it was indecipherable enough from the opening paragraphs to give me the wrong impression. Carry on then, turns out people aren't bad except for Shoulders.

Dewt

Quote from: kittens on February 26, 2020, 04:05:16 PM
damn dewt eating a big dinner of shit over this. 'it's a graphic design error!' is it mate. is it. damn dewt
fuck

Buelligan

Yep and I hate to break it to you but that's already been linked, more than the one time I think, in this very thread.  Let's all do that knowing smile to each other, shrug, hi-five and have a lovely hug like they do at the end of coffee friends.

Barry Admin

Quote from: New folder on February 26, 2020, 04:29:27 PM
Twitter spats don't matter and I hope my Bastards Club membership card is in the post as we speak.

Nope. I highlighted the bastardry in bold mate. It's the bit of concern trolling where he had a pop at someone's mental health.

Dewt

Quote from: Buelligan on February 26, 2020, 04:43:27 PM
Yep and I hate to break it to you but that's already been linked, more than the one time I think, in this very thread.
Yes, but let me break this to you: acting out a concentrated journey of immediate discovery and revelation was the best way to communicate my misunderstanding, as opposed to dry and boring cross-referencing of earlier posts. I trust that most people can tell the difference between being in-character and being dry and boring as fuck. Sure, I could say "as referenced earlier" etc. etc. but that only serves to anticipate boring passive aggressive "acccctually that was already posted" content which is so tedious and patronising that nobody should give a flying fuck about accommodating it.

Much better to pretend that you've discovered the link almost in real time and go "FUCK! What a tit I've been!" in the same post or in a tight sequence of posts.

Buelligan

Looks like no hugs are on offer.  Enjoy your dinner.

Noonling

Hello, I do not give a flying fuck about:
- Twitter
- Previous posts
- Tea
- Mental health
- Women
- Hugs
- Love
- where my soul will go after death

Fry

People who don't care about Twitter drama are missing out. You get some right old rotters on there it's hilarious.

Noonling

Quote from: Fry on February 26, 2020, 05:03:50 PM
People who don't care about CaB drama are missing out. You get some right old rotters on there it's hilarious.

druss

Quote from: Dewt on February 26, 2020, 04:39:45 PM
Oh I was wrong! https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-privilege-pyramid

I guess my mistake was not expecting something so shit to be published and it was indecipherable enough from the opening paragraphs to give me the wrong impression. Carry on then, turns out people aren't bad except for Shoulders.
Cancelled now, mate. Probably shouldn't show your face around here again.

Dewt

I'll leave to make space for my friend Ewtd to start posting here.

Twed would never have made a mistake like this

Quote from: Dewt on February 26, 2020, 05:17:51 PM
I'll leave to make space for my friend Ewtd to start posting here.

You should've chosen a longer username. I've built in contingency for literally thousands of cancellations.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: bgmnts on February 26, 2020, 03:02:37 PM
Fucksake Dewt accidentally put Twitter upside down again.

Twed would never have fucked that up

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on February 26, 2020, 05:20:42 PM
Twed would never have made a mistake like this

You should have read to the end before you posted this

Dewt

phantom_power

Did you just fart? Because no-one could tell if you did. That's more a visual/aural gag

Thursday

Yeah seriously though can we stop the tiresome sneering whenever twitter is mentioned, yes it's shit, but like it or not, it's actually relevant to current cultural discourse. It's a useful lens through which to look at some things actually happening in society and human behaviour in general.

You're posting on the mostly dead medium of a niche hobbyist forum. We're the fucking weirdo's spending time on a place like this. Yes it's a shame social media has mostly replaced places like this, and yes it isn't actually as relevant to most people's lives as journalists who spend all day scouring twitter to write shit articles would have you believe, but it can be a good jumping off point for discussion.

So fuck off.

Sebastian Cobb

Don't really know what's going on in here cheers.

Dewt

Quote from: phantom_power on February 26, 2020, 09:45:42 PM
Did you just fart? Because no-one could tell if you did. That's more a visual/aural gag
Just wait for it to waft over to you. It's a little thing called comedy timing.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Thursday on February 26, 2020, 09:50:23 PM
Yeah seriously though can we stop the tiresome sneering whenever twitter is mentioned, yes it's shit, but like it or not, it's actually relevant to current cultural discourse. It's a useful lens through which to look at some things actually happening in society and human behaviour in general.

You're posting on the mostly dead medium of a niche hobbyist forum. We're the fucking weirdo's spending time on a place like this. Yes it's a shame social media has mostly replaced places like this, and yes it isn't actually as relevant to most people's lives as journalists who spend all day scouring twitter to write shit articles would have you believe, but it can be a good jumping off point for discussion.

So fuck off.

Shitr.

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 26, 2020, 09:54:13 PM
Don't really know what's going on in here cheers.

Dewt embarrassed himself and he's our bitch now.

phantom_power

Quote from: Dewt on February 26, 2020, 09:55:25 PM
Just wait for it to waft over to you. It's a little thing called comedy timing.

I'll get back to you on that

JesusAndYourBush

Who decided that the top of the pyramid = best?
If the base of the pyramid is at ground level then you've got to climb down over everyone else before you can go anywhere.