Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where the fuck can I go on holiday?

Started by Blue Jam, February 26, 2020, 02:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 26, 2020, 06:43:53 PM
You can stay in bothies for newt. Last time I did that I had a shit behind a tree and got woken up by a buffoon falling over my head.

According to a Scarlett Johansson film I watched, unfortunately the bothy is a hotspot for park rapists, so maybe avoid them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hoping some people will confirm bothies aren't dangerous malattended damp hovels.

Ferris

Inspector Norse

Icehaven

Quote from: Cuellar on February 26, 2020, 02:43:51 PM
Shepherd's hut near fucking Abergavenny.

Having recently spent two nights in a hay loft near Aberystwyth I can wholeheartedly say: DON'T DO THIS. It would probably be charming July-Sept but in February it was mind bendingly cold. The wood burner was fun until we realised it didn't really heat anywhere more than 3ft away from itself, and there was ice inside the windows in the morning when there wasn't even ice outside. So if you decide to go anywhere in the UK in the next 5 months just don't forget you'll need heating and you'll be good.

Captain Crunch

holyzombiejesus

Whitby/ Robin Hood's Bay. One of the few places where shit weather can actually improve the holiday. Also, you can stop off in Middlesbrough on the way which will mean you get to leave Middlesbrough.

shiftwork2

You can have whatever you want on this varied little island in Feb [nb]so long as that thing isn't tapas and sunshine[/nb].  North Cornish coast, Northumberland coast, Norfolk coast.  Probably need a car for those though.  So the answer is York.  Or Exeter.

monkfromhavana

Go to Bordeaux. Piece of piss to get to, nice city to ponce around in, lots of booze. Can go out to the sand dunes in Arcachon, climb all the way down to the beach, then nearly kill yourself through exhaustion trying to climb back up the fuckers.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 26, 2020, 07:20:21 PM
Hoping some people will confirm bothies aren't dangerous malattended damp hovels.

Bothies are not remotely attended, that's kind of what they're about.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Chollis on February 26, 2020, 08:47:40 PM
Gary Island

Sounds a bit meh:

https://www.google.com/maps/place//data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x5495bd820c323a55:0x9efe862895554179?utm_source=mstt_1

Booked a two week holiday exploring the less touristy staff-only areas of the Meadowhall shopping centre.  Was constructed in the eighties, and much of the architecture is original.  I reserved an entire delivery bay, which would comfortably sleep four, just for myself! Won't get Coronavirus, 'cos I'm not a sex tourist.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 26, 2020, 07:19:03 PM
According to a Scarlett Johansson film I watched, unfortunately the bothy is a hotspot for park rapists, so maybe avoid them.

In addition, only complete cunts abuse them to score a cheap holiday.

Blue Jam

Quote from: DistressedArea on February 27, 2020, 08:49:34 AM
Booked a two week holiday exploring the less touristy staff-only areas of the Meadowhall shopping centre.  Was constructed in the eighties, and much of the architecture is original.  I reserved an entire delivery bay, which would comfortably sleep four, just for myself! Won't get Coronavirus, 'cos I'm not a sex tourist.

Oh good call. I might book and Amazon warehouse tour though, because I am a sex tourist and you can't catch coronavirus from a robot.

thenoise

Scilly Isles are beautiful, vaguely 'exotic' and very accessible for non car drivers (little enough to walk/cycle everywhere, most islands have no cars anyway). The flights are fun, tiny little plane or helicopter, but they get cancelled all the time due to weather, the ferry is a lot more reliable. the hotels are nice but pricey, lots of self catering cottages tho.

Just got back from fuerteventura in the Canary Islands.  Nice and sunny for this time of year and only 4 hours away. 

touchingcloth

I holidayed up my own arse once. 2 stars.

Sebastian Cobb

You can have a colonic first if you're after the 3 star experience.

Cuellar

Quote from: thenoise on February 27, 2020, 09:23:06 AM
Scilly Isles are beautiful, vaguely 'exotic' and very accessible for non car drivers (little enough to walk/cycle everywhere, most islands have no cars anyway). The flights are fun, tiny little plane or helicopter, but they get cancelled all the time due to weather, the ferry is a lot more reliable. the hotels are nice but pricey, lots of self catering cottages tho.

Yes, Scilly Isles are grand. Pain in the bloody arse to get to, though, especially if you don't drive. And even if you do. Ferry only leaves once a day at 9:15, meaning you have to either travel through the night or stay over in Penzance. Then it only sails back once a day too, at 4:30 or something, meaning you arrive back in Penzance at around 7pm, meaning another nighttime journey or ANOTHER stay in Penzance. And Penzance is horrible.

And then the islands themselves are expensive as shit.

Beautiful though. And some pubs with cracking views of sea and island.

Dex Sawash

BlodwynPig

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 26, 2020, 08:20:49 PM
You can have whatever you want on this varied little island in Feb [nb]so long as that thing isn't tapas and sunshine[/nb].  North Cornish coast, Northumberland coast, Norfolk coast.  Probably need a car for those though.  So the answer is York.  Or Exeter.

Train to Alnmouth, bus to the environs