Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:02:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Beforeigners

Started by Head Gardener, February 27, 2020, 09:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

Silly title, crazy story - people from history, Vikings, stone-age folk etc are mysteriously re-appearing in our time and struggling to integrate into modern Norwegian society.
Just started it and it's a worthy an addition to the ridiculous growing list of TV worth watching right now, Narcos/Hunters/Curb/Outsider/Homeland yadda yadda - trailer

Thanks for bringing this to my attention as it's the kind of show I like and it seems none of my usual sources bothered to upload it when it aired last august. I've now found it on a streaming site and watched the first episode. It's not quite what I was expecting which was a 'strangers in a strange land adapting to the modern world' comedy drama type thing. It's more of a high concept crime thriller, think Norwegian Taggart but some of them are Vikings.
I'll probably bang through the rest in the next couple of days.

Dex Sawash

Head Gardener

ooh Norweigian Hipsters, there is such a thing? I just thought they thought they were cool

Dewt

A Viking, wrapped in plastic

Pseudopath

Quote from: Dewt on February 27, 2020, 03:27:46 PM
A Viking, wrapped in plastic

Tied to a stick
That's driven into
Frozen winter shit

Head Gardener

That's me tanned it. I had nowt better to do this evening and most of the mirrors had been deleted so I thought I'd better get it watched.
The murder mystery element is wrapped by the season finale and it introduces an underlying grand conspiracy plot as it unfolds which should take the next season in a different direction.

7.5/10