Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Masterchef is back!

Started by wooders1978, February 28, 2020, 10:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

So here is a theory - they tell them to over exaggerate the trembly hands for the close up shots dont they?

Anyway - no one seems to have made an absolute cunt of themselves yet, mores the pity

monkfromhavana

Will catch up on this tomorrow with the missus, before probably losing interest before next Tuesday.

Bazooka

Quote from: wooders1978 on February 28, 2020, 10:43:53 PM
So here is a theory - they tell them to over exaggerate the trembly hands for the close up shots dont they?

Anyway - no one seems to have made an absolute cunt of themselves yet, mores the pity

Just caught 5 min of it, raw chicken fiasco, MasterEcoli more like.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Bazooka on February 28, 2020, 11:36:19 PM
Just caught 5 min of it, raw chicken fiasco, MasterEcoli more like.

Did they let Jack Scalfani on or something?

beanheadmcginty

What's going on with that fella with the huge cheeks? Implants? Or have we got a Robert Z'dar situation?

Neomod

Any scallops and black pudding bon bons on a bed of pea puree yet?

bgmnts

Quote from: Neomod on February 29, 2020, 01:12:15 AM
Any scallops and black pudding bon bons on a bed of pea puree yet?

Thats what we like to see.

WestHill

Drinking game: drink whenever John says 'really'.

beanheadmcginty

Whenever a contestant says the phrase "Over the moon". Instant liver failure.

Twit 2

Dev's shit looks well manky.

monkfromhavana

Binge watched all 3 yesterday. Nowt really to right home about, Egg is still gurning away, was surprised posh boy got kicked out.

Blue Jam

I can only handle MasterChuff in small doses. I had thought it's because it's a bit too repetitive for my liking, but this week I realised that it's simply because I find Egg Wallace annoying. It'd be more bearable it if only featured John Torode, Monica Galletti and that psychopath who looks like a shit Jedi.

Got the MasterChuff Kitchen Bible as a charity shop b@rgain last week and did the boeuf Bourgignon recipe, and it was rather nice, I must admit. I think there's only one small photo of Gregg The Egg in the whole thing, which is a plus.

monkfromhavana

Is it time, as is customary in the tradition of all Masterchef threads, to question exactly why Egg is a judge on this show? What talent does the man have? What do people like Jay Rayner or any chef judges actually make of him?

If he is a fruit and veg "Expert" what right does he have to judge meat dishes given that for all we know his meat knowledge might only extend beef pot noodles?

gilbertharding

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 03, 2020, 01:19:06 PM
Is it time, as is customary in the tradition of all Masterchef threads, to question exactly why Egg is a judge on this show? What talent does the man have? What do people like Jay Rayner or any chef judges actually make of him?

If he is a fruit and veg "Expert" what right does he have to judge meat dishes given that for all we know his meat knowledge might only extend beef pot noodles?

Wasn't he once billed as an Ingredients Expert? I'm sure I once saw 'Seasoned Diner' too.

His job USED to be very simple: barking 'Cooking DOESN'T get TOUGHER than THIS!' on the titles - but now they seem to have ditched that, no-one knows why he's there.

Bazooka

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 03, 2020, 01:19:06 PM

Each contestant is chosen because they don't know any fruit and veg names, so they ask Gregg as he is the green grocer maestro,

"Gregg what's this, is it a cabbage?"

Gregg: "No it's an egg".

wooders1978

Definitely referred to as a seasoned diner in the pros type of masterchef

I don't mind Greg and it dies often seem that his opinion is secondary to johns more often than not

beanheadmcginty

I'm still praying for a series of Celebrity Masterchef where Loyd Grossman is one of the contestants and all his meals are made with his own branded jar sauces.

sevendaughters

First week was a generally lower standard than usual I thought. It is repetitive and the whole "I need to get an apron" thing is just piling the overwroughtness even higher than usual.

Still, may as well watch it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: sevendaughters on March 04, 2020, 03:40:16 PM
First week was a generally lower standard than usual I thought. It is repetitive and the whole "I need to get an apron" thing is just piling the overwroughtness even higher than usual.

Still, may as well watch it.

I missed it on Friday - the posh secret ginger one got the elbow, did he?

The apron thing is totally bogus. Will they earn one of those white chef's smock things if they get to the semi finals?

sevendaughters

Ginger guy got the boot for serving undercooked chicken. He was only sticking to gastropub classics anyway.

sevendaughters

WHY IS JON DRESSED LIKE KIM JONG UN?

sevendaughters

Nathan from tonight's show is the breakout star of the series.
Spoiler alert
Shame he was eliminated.
[close]

Puce Moment

Glad I saved these up until the Coronofappening took place. I would say that the quality is higher than usual, but as I always impersonate Egg's freeze-frame gurns, my cheeks are fucking killing me.

Gurke and Hare

I've only watched the first episode today - I note that the dill oil spun through some kind of creamy sauce is entry level for this now.

There was a very interesting sauce that a lady made and glooped over her dish.

They kept saying it "looked like glue" "oh no it's like glue"

It didn't look like glue, but y'know watershed and all that.

Puce Moment

You certainly understand flavour, and the potatoes are delicious, but this hot cock sick just isn't working for me.

sevendaughters

gotta say I think the standard has been way down in terms of "basic skills executed". last night's episode made me feel like I could get at least to the guest judge round.

there's been 2 or 3 very good ones though.

sevendaughters

i am not bothered by this but i think there's been two rounds where they've got rid of a decent if unspectacular bloke to put through a lesser female competitor. everything marla made last night looked like sick from a harridan's toilet but genial marathon runner pete got the boot.

beanheadmcginty

I think that John the Toad this series might actually be fatter than Gregg the Egg for the first time.

Puce Moment

I'm going to defend gurning Egg - I prefer his analyses to the Toad, whom I am also fond of (fondant - like a bird's fondant)

I just watched hot spunk sauce episode and there are just too many people trying too hard. Grace Dent's brief was pretty fucking good no?