Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:01:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rock Statues

Started by Head Gardener, February 29, 2020, 04:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

Any collectors except a lot of dust? they cost over £100 a pop!

Debbie Harry

Alice

Syd (in)action

Lemmy

Biggie

Johnny Ramone

Inspector Norse

Syd's had a little accident there

imitationleather

I was thinking they must have just changed the label saying who it was supposed to be when Razorlight stopped being popular.

Inspector Norse

I'm trying to figure out who Syd Bomett is

Jockice

I prefer metal ones myself.

Bazooka

Where's the limited edition GG Allin?

Phil_A

Does anyone remember those horribly tacky statuettes of jazz men that people used to have in their houses? What were all that about?

The sculptor who added this angelic figure to a Norwegian Church says he gave it Bob Dylan's face.

Says so here.
http://jtonca.blogspot.com/2010/12/face-of-angel-voice-of-slurring-drunk.html?m=1

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 02, 2020, 10:38:22 PM
The sculptor who added this angelic figure to a Norwegian Church says he gave it Bob Dylan's face.

Says so here.
http://jtonca.blogspot.com/2010/12/face-of-angel-voice-of-slurring-drunk.html?m=1

Looks more like Andy Zaltzman.

idunnosomename

A Norwegian church??? only Trondheim (Nidaros) Cathedral. which has a lot of work by lads who'd finished work at Lincoln Cathedral

and which happens to have been immortalised on Mayhem's debut album cover

alan nagsworth

Quote from: imitationleather on February 29, 2020, 05:44:11 PM
I was thinking they must have just changed the label saying who it was supposed to be when Razorlight stopped being popular.

studpuppet

Not sure why my link stopped working.

There must be a Jackson Five joke for that picture but I can't think of one.

gilbertharding

Bazooka

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 03, 2020, 01:15:05 PM
There must be a Jackson Five joke for that picture but I can't think of one.

Jackson 5's  choreographer dies suddenly, leaving the brothers in a confused crisis.

Head Gardener

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Once met the guy who played sax on Baker Street. I was unaware who he was before hand, looked around his dirty flat complete with home studio, and asked "So are you some sort of musician?".

He was very modest with his answer.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 02, 2020, 10:38:22 PM

Says so here.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 02, 2020, 10:41:58 PM
Looks more like Andy Zaltzman.

I'm seeing Nick Mason.

Which, somewhat disappointingly, still ends up being in the hemisphere of rock.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on March 12, 2020, 01:40:47 PM
Once met the guy who played sax on Baker Street. I was unaware who he was before hand, looked around his dirty flat complete with home studio, and asked "So are you some sort of musician?".

Would have thought Bob Holness would have had a pretty swanky place.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Inspector Norse on March 12, 2020, 02:58:54 PM
Would have thought Bob Holness would have had a pretty swanky place.

All gone to shit since he died though.  He hasn't kept it up at all.  Dust everywhere, old tea towels still hung up.  Used tea bags in ash trays and that.  Just waiting for Matt Allwright to turn up and look sympathetically at the camera, saying "there are just no words for this".

famethrowa

Quote from: Phil_A on March 02, 2020, 10:25:51 PM
Does anyone remember those horribly tacky statuettes of jazz men that people used to have in their houses? What were all that about?

The local hairdressers still has life size statues of Jake & Elwood, the type much beloved of outdoor bars in the 80s and 90s.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Inspector Norse on February 29, 2020, 05:39:49 PM

Oh, I quite like that, shame they didn't make the base out of the painted striped floorboard design.

Quote from: Inspector Norse on February 29, 2020, 05:39:49 PM
Syd's had a little accident there

Oh, can not unseen. DO NOT WANT.

Head Gardener

took a trip on the Highway To Hell (A932) to visit the (real) Bon Scott statue in Kirriemuir this morning