Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

being mad online about Artemis Fowl

Started by Dog Botherer, March 03, 2020, 12:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Botherer

anyone else love them books as a kid? well i did, and now i'm furious because somehow Disney got their hands on the film rights, searched and replaced a few names from a rejected Spy Kids reboot script, and said "yeah that'll do".

fucking fuming. been wanting to see this on the big screen since i was a kid. not linking the trailer. fucking disney.

bgmnts

Oof, one for the Fuck You Disney thread.

chveik

yeah really enjoyed them. I've seen the trailer, this'll be really shit I reckon.

I'm  not mad at all though.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Do you think Eoin Colfer will do a JK Rowling and talk endlessly on Twitter about all the things that aren't in the books but he meant to put them in, honestly

Dog Botherer

no i've met him he seems nice. not a brit either, reduces likelihood of being a TERF by 75%.

George White

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 03, 2020, 09:10:34 AM
Do you think Eoin Colfer will do a JK Rowling and talk endlessly on Twitter about all the things that aren't in the books but he meant to put them in, honestly
Colfer said at a con I was at that he's nothing to do with this film. He said that they've told him nothing. That he had a friend on the crew who was giving him information through the grapevine. That he knows as much about the film as the fans.
He's not a TERF. When I met him, I was wearing a dress.

I have a feeling that this will flop, a few years later, someone like Morgan O'Sullivan will snap up the rights cheap and do a TV version.

Shot in Northern Ireland and England. Looks nothing like Wexford. Though there is an RTE van.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: George White on March 03, 2020, 02:25:56 PM
Shot in Northern Ireland and England. Looks nothing like Wexford.
...That's because it's Tanland.

George White

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 03, 2020, 10:58:11 PM
...That's because it's Tanland.
It does look like Ballsbridge. But that's full of West Brits anyway.