Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Teenage Fanclub - New Album and Tour

Started by DrGreggles, March 03, 2020, 09:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

"Teenage Fanclub are pleased to announce they will be embarking on a UK & European tour in November and December 2020."

https://www.teenagefanclub.com/live/

"New album 'Endless Arcade' coming October 2020"

holyzombiejesus

Hmmm. Not sure if I'll bother with this now that Gerry's gone. (Everyone else can cut and paste this for their own response.)

Any idea who has written the album? Is it just Norman and Raymond or have Euros and Dave chipped in?

DrGreggles

It obviously won't be the same without Gerry, but they've got a healthy balance in the goodwill bank so I'll give it a whirl.

I'd be very surprised if Euros wasn't involved in the writing. Whether he'd get Gerry's third share straight away, I'm not so sure.

PaulTMA

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 03, 2020, 09:29:18 AM
Hmmm. Not sure if I'll bother with this now that Gerry's gone. (Everyone else can cut and paste this for their own response.)

Any idea who has written the album? Is it just Norman and Raymond or have Euros and Dave chipped in?

Not going to be that much of a task to listen to an album a few times though, or is it?

Got no idea, but can picture there being Norman/Euros co-writes on there as opposed to Euros solo ones.

holyzombiejesus

No, of course not. I don't anticipate getting excited about it and buying on the day of release like previous TFC records might be fairer. That single was pretty bland and Gerry's songs are generally all in my favourite 5 or 6 on any TFC album so not holding my breath for this. Also, seeing as Raymond normally has 4 years or so to write his handful of rubbish tunes, I'm hoping that the new one is more collaborative.

I saw that Jonny played live recently. I presumed they'd have stopped once Euros joined TFC (not that they ever really got going).