Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who Series 12B: The Timeless Chibnall (Xmas special & pre-Series 13 chat)

Started by Blinder Data, March 03, 2020, 03:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

You're not getting 'hammered guy trying to act sober' from that?  Fair enough.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

No, that's just what he sounds like in general. Something to look forward to in the next series.

Blofelds Cat

Quote from: Rev+ on July 26, 2021, 03:01:04 AM
You're not getting 'hammered guy trying to act sober' from that?  Fair enough.

No...thats his normal speaking voice.. you're in for an acting masterclass treat from the Scousiest Scouser from Runcorn

olliebean

Quote from: Cloud on July 26, 2021, 12:53:18 AM
I remember the previous series trailer seeming exciting. This'll be shit I reckon.

Are you sure you're remembering correctly? I remember the previous series trailer largely being just being a string of shots of guest stars, with their names on-screen, and none of them actually doing anything, exciting or otherwise.

Cloud

Quote from: olliebean on July 26, 2021, 11:07:46 AM
Are you sure you're remembering correctly? I remember the previous series trailer largely being just being a string of shots of guest stars, with their names on-screen, and none of them actually doing anything, exciting or otherwise.

It at least seemed to have an "energy" to it which, as always, was lacking once the actual show came around (aside from Jodie's breathless performance)

Even if Bishop turns out to be quite a good actor*, he'll still be acting in Chris fucking Chibnall's Doctor Who. It'll be like Bradley Walsh all over again: "This is utter dogshit, but at least the comedy man delivers a solid performance every week."

Walsh was the only consistently good thing about Chibnall's first two seasons, he managed to invest a two–note character (affable middle–aged bus driver mourns dead wife while trying to connect with his inconsistently–written stepson) with more pathos than it deserved. But that's the only positive point any reasonable person could ever make about Chibnall's Who. Clutching at straws.

* The only time I've ever seen him attempt some straight acting was in an episode of Jimmy McGovern's Accused, and he came across as semi–competent at best. But that was a few years ago, so maybe he's improved. Anyway, as I say, it won't make any difference to the overall quality of the show.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Rev+ on July 26, 2021, 02:06:37 AM
Comic Con thing - fuck me, how leathered is Bishop in this?

https://youtu.be/QzDthngLyDU

A series with one story would be great at this point, but as has been said, look at who's involved.  We'll have the Daleks in the second episode, Cyberman in the fourth.

The only thing I can see is Chis Chibnal's hairpiece. I didn't think they made that bad these days.

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on July 26, 2021, 11:52:20 AM
The only thing I can see is Chis Chibnal's hairpiece. I didn't think they made that bad these days.

A hairpiece with a bald–spot sewn into it? There is just no end to the man's incompetence.

Thomas

It's a (pretty good) hair transplant, in my opinion. Often leaves a bald patch at the back.

2015                                                             2019

Probably my favourite new element of the Chibnall era.

Yes, fair play to the lad. He's played the long game: become showrunner of Doctor Who, knock out some appalling shite, get paid loads, invest in hair transplant.

Chibs has had the last laugh, you bald bunch of loosers.

daf

Looks like he just filled in the pink bits with a brown felt tip!

Alberon

Quote from: Rev+ on July 26, 2021, 02:06:37 AM
A series with one story would be great at this point, but as has been said, look at who's involved.  We'll have the Daleks in the second episode, Cyberman in the fourth.

Don't forget the Master and his ridiculous CyberTimelords.

The whole thing will be resolved by a sad Sontaran with a microwave oven.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Thomas on July 26, 2021, 01:26:05 PM
It's a (pretty good) hair transplant, in my opinion. Often leaves a bald patch at the back.

Looks like he's gone from genial supply teacher to mall cop.

Malcy

QuoteWhen asked if he could give any information about what other characters will be introduced, Chibnall remained tight-lipped, while at the same time teasing what fans can expect.

"No, 'cause there's a lot of them," he said. "I guess the thing to say is we have a number of amazing guests actors joining us across the series and quite a few of them recur across multiple episodes, which is very unusual for this show, other than that I'm not going to tell you anything about them, to be honest!"

Loads of big name guest Doctors to make everything even more complicated no doubt. Wonder if Barrowman was meant to be in it but removed.

He teased a clue for the show by saying "swarm". Big swarm of more Doctors.

Deanjam

Doctor Who Swarm is an anagram of Macho Sword Wort, so maybe Barrowman is coming back.

Replies From View

Quote from: Thomas on July 26, 2021, 01:26:05 PM

Is he Playmobil branded or Lego?

Thomas

Replies From View

mothman

So apparently there's an ARG that's been started from the new trailer...

mothman

Dude. This whole thread is full of people going ARGH after seeing that trailer.

It's not even really produced an 'argh' more of a non-reaction followed by a subtle sigh whenever you try and remember anything that happened in it. Jodie has pretty eyes though.

Chinballs is stepping down as showrunner in 2022. Which is great obviously, but, err, what now?

Whittaker is leaving next year too, but that comes as no surprise.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/jodie-whittaker-chris-chibnall-leaving-doctor-who-newsupdate/

Oh, hang on. The BBC have said that Chibbo and Whittaker's replacements will be confirmed at some point fairly soon. So it's not over yet.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-next-doctor-showrunner-newsupdate/

Cerys

daf

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 29, 2021, 03:04:39 PM
Chinballs is stepping down as showrunner in 2022. Which is great obviously, but, err, what now?

Let's all do the conga . . .
Let's all do the conga . . .

Whey, Eee-Eyy-Ohh!
(bump)
Whey, Eee-Eyy-Ohh!
(thrust)

Malcy

I wonder if the new Doctor is this Vinder guy or any of the characters that are going to be popping up in the next series.