Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who Series 12B: The Timeless Chibnall (Xmas special & pre-Series 13 chat)

Started by Blinder Data, March 03, 2020, 03:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: olliebean on April 01, 2020, 10:24:43 PMHow come Rob Shearman never wrote another episode?

I might be wrong but I think rumour has it that he and RTD fell out over rewrites.  Maybe something like RTD promising not to but then did anyway?

By the way, another huge thank you to daf for the Twitter transcriptions, had no idea that this was even on today.

Mister Six

I thought he was just pissed off because Dalek was constantly being rewritten by himself and RTD over and over while the Nation estate fucked them around to get a bigger cheque? Sounded hellish.

Although neither this nor the "RTD's unsanctioned rewrites" story explains why he wouldn't go back during the Moffat years.

Is Roberts a big shitty TERF now, or is that someone else?

Replies From View

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Mister Six on April 02, 2020, 04:38:07 AMIs Roberts a big shitty TERF now, or is that someone else?

Both. :-)

Gareth Roberts is the big shitty TERF (which I'd forgotten, thanks for the reminder -- no sarcasm), BUT it's Rob Shearman who wrote Dalek.

(For the record, Gareth Roberts wrote The Shakespeare Code, The Unicorn and the Wasp, The Lodger and Closing Time.  Also co-wrote Planet of the Double-Decker Bus with RTD, The Caretaker with Steven Moffat, and a fair bit of the Sarah-Jane Adventures including co-writing the pilot with RTD.  Well according to Wikipedia, anyway.)

Quote from: Replies From View on April 02, 2020, 06:43:33 AMTERF?

Oh my Lord.  Just be grateful that you don't know.  Google if you must (or just hang around in the Comedy Chat Graham Linehan thread), but it's a rabbit-hole you really don't want to go down.

If you really must satiate your curiosity then, in two words, it's basically
Spoiler alert
feminist transphobe
[close]

daf

Quote from: Mister Six on April 01, 2020, 11:16:38 PM
Thanks daf! What's the Sylvie Briggs stuff?

She was the actress who played Ada Lovelace (you know, her off of Emmanuelle!!!)

(All the @names in blue should be clickable twitter links - so you can investigate down those rabbit holes if the fancy takes you.)

VelourSpirit

I'm not sure if Roberts is a TERF, more just a TE. His twitter feed is full of nasty shit. Really deeply hateful person.

daf

That's a shame - the Big Finish adaptations of his 4th Doctor Books are all very good - The English Way of Death is a top quality romp!

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 01, 2020, 03:19:01 PM
They had to fit the casings onto tricycle frames rather than the usual castors, so they could cope with the cobbles.

What gets me with a lot of classic era Who is that they would plan all these ambitious scenes and effects, that obviously had to be implemented on a tiny budget; but when it came to shooting them, no-one would actually see how it looked in execution and go, "Hang on, we can't do this, it's shit". So instead of maybe putting the Daleks on camera rails so they moved smoothly, and shooting them in mid-shot, they just went ahead and filmed them wobbling all over the place on cobbles. On cobbles! They didn't even think to find a smoother bit of road.

I presume it's because once they tried their first solution and realized it looked shit they had no other option but to use what they'd already made, since the money was now spent. Especially since it was shot on actual tape/film.

"Hang on, we can't do this, it's shit." "But the money's already spent, and we've done it." "Fuck."

Phil_A

Quote from: H-O-W-L on April 02, 2020, 06:23:16 PM
I presume it's because once they tried their first solution and realized it looked shit they had no other option but to use what they'd already made, since the money was now spent. Especially since it was shot on actual tape/film.

"Hang on, we can't do this, it's shit." "But the money's already spent, and we've done it." "Fuck."

The chief complaint anyone involved in the production of Old Who always used to make was that there was never enough time to do anything properly, they just to had film whatever they could in the time and hope they'd have enough usable material to cobble something together in the edit. If something went wrong or didn't look very good once it got into the studio/on location, they just had to carry on and hope for the best.

Replies From View

Quote from: Phil_A on April 02, 2020, 07:21:31 PM
The chief complaint anyone involved in the production of Old Who always used to make was that there was never enough time to do anything properly, they just to had film whatever they could in the time and hope they'd have enough usable material to cobble something together in the edit. If something went wrong or didn't look very good once it got into the studio/on location, they just had to carry on and hope for the best.

Indeed.  Especially when special effects where involved; you could have the actors giving the shoddiest line delivery ever, but if the pyrotechnics went off as planned they would all have to move on.  The strict 10pm studio switch-off meant that these limitations weren't restricted only to location shooting, either.

mjwilson

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 01, 2020, 11:46:59 PM
I might be wrong but I think rumour has it that he and RTD fell out over rewrites.  Maybe something like RTD promising not to but then did anyway?

Dalek went through about 3 million drafts, I don't think Shearman publicly complained but surely it must have got on his nerves after a bit.

Replies From View

daf

Torchwood re-watch :
Quote from: @JohnBarrowman
Hey #fanfamily we start the episode at 8:10 after everyone has applauded the #NHS  jb
- - - - - - - - - -
We are off everyone Jb
- - - - - - - - - -
Fight!!
- - - - - - - - - -
Oooooo 2 captain jacks
- - - - - - - - - -
You think he is a bad man????jb
- - - - - - - - - -
I care for more than a drink... Jb
- - - - - - - - - -
Me right now... Jb

- - - - - - - - - -
Feeling are starting to get confused between the captains .. Jb
- - - - - - - - - -
Look who is watching with me... Jb   

- - - - - - - - - -
History was made!! Jb

- - - - - - - - - -

Bit of a short one, as I think he was saving all the stories for the
Live Q&A here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWc6CPfRTTk

Mister Six

Quote from: daf on April 02, 2020, 11:22:10 AM
She was the actress who played Ada Lovelace (you know, her off of Emmanuelle!!!)

(All the @names in blue should be clickable twitter links - so you can investigate down those rabbit holes if the fancy takes you.)

Oh neat, I didn't realise! Great attention to detail.

Thomas

Quote from: daf on April 02, 2020, 09:31:40 PM
Bit of a short one, as I think he was saving all the stories for the
Live Q&A here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWc6CPfRTTk

Hope he puts his foot in it and says more underhand, unprofessional things about Moffat. Always interesting to read.

Malcy

Eleventh Hour tweet along thingy with Smith, Gillan, Darvill & Moffat tonight. Not good at to bother as it can be a bit of a nightmare trying to keep up.

olliebean

I'm just carrying on rewatching things at my own speed and in the right order, rather than jumping about all over the place and not being able to properly enjoy it because I'm trying to read a load of tweets at the same time.

Thomas

Lovely long ep, though, should result in a nice amount of interesting memories to read later.

2010. Matt and Arthur were 27, and Karen was 21. Moffat himself was only 19.

Replies From View

Hard to believe the 50th anniversary stuff was six and a half years ago.  I seem to have somehow logged that in my long term memory as 'where we currently are in Doctor Who'.

Thomas

It means Chibnall's 60th anniversary celebrations are closer than you think. Excited, Replies?

Replies From View

Quote from: Thomas on April 03, 2020, 05:38:16 PM
It means Chibnall's 60th anniversary celebrations are closer than you think. Excited, Replies?

Ah man I can't wait.  What do we reckon?  A straightforward 13 Doctors story with some Daleks, Cybermen and Sea Devils stomping around?  I can honestly see Chibnall thinking that an incoherent mess of multiple Doctors and companions shouting over each other for attention would make a great yarn for the fans.

Thomas

Well, he thought that rewriting the premise of the central character and unveiling the biggest out-of-nowhere revelation in the show's history made for a fitting finale to an otherwise randomly placed, bland series, so he might do something mad for an anniversary special.

The Doctor comes to our universe and watches Doctor Who. The Master is a future Doctor. Something like that.

Replies From View

Stuff that has never been done before

AND THERE WAS A REASON FOR THAT

daf

New short story/video  : The Raggedy Doctor by Amelia Pond

Here's the link for the combined twitter feeds :
https://twitter.com/i/lists/1246123593269903360

daf

Part 1
Quote from:  The Eleventh HourSTEVEN MOFFATT : Sitting comfortably? Here's my living room ten years ago. Terrible photo but can you see the Doctor? #FishCustard‬

- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : I won't lie to you (this once.) I'm going to be tweeting along live, but I've also pre-written a bunch of tweets to send automatically. Last time I was so busy typing, I barely watched the show and couldn't interact with anyone. Here's hoping it works!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Murray Gold sent me a piano version of the TARDIS crashing music. I didn't like it. He said "You're an idiot, it'll sound great when it's an orchestra." He was right on both counts.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : As the Doctor dangles, you see the Millennium dome, which bothered me - given Amy's's timeline it wouldn't have been built yet. But hey, the TARDIS is a time machine. He must have shot back a few years when he climbed back in. All planned, you see. Oh, yes!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : To be honest, style-wise, I sort of preferred the original opening. But Piers Wenger and I went out to dinner and reflected on the sheer scale of David's final story. We figured we needed to come of the gate a big stronger. No regrets - it's a hoot!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Ah, this opening. Matt hanging out the TARDIS like Harold Lloyd! It wasn't in the original script. We just opened on the garden, and the little girl praying to Santa, and went into the titles as we zoomed in on Amelia's eye. So the whole show was in Amy's head!
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : Strong performance from the London eye in this opening ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : Firstly, Hello Doctor Who land on Twitter. Hello my dear old mum ‪@smith_lynne‬. Hello turtle ‪@karengillan‬. This ep is a belter! Probably my fave. Enjoy old fruits.
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : Moffat starts with a BANG !!!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Yeah - the sort of BANG that can completely ruin a garden shed.
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : Yes the TITLES! The doctor who titles!!!! #FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : You better believe I did this for every episode when it aired
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : Stay away from crack is my main takeaway from this ep
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Matt Smith is so instantly the Doctor it still feels like a miracle. Silly, clever, kind to children, outwitted by a tree.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : If that grappling hook had hit Amelia it would have been a shorter show.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Things that bother my fanboy brain. For the jack-in-the-box gag of Matt's climb from the TARDIS the police box doors had to open OUT the way (true of the real ones!) But earlier when Matt's hanging out the TARDIS the doors clearly open IN the way. ‪#killthemagic‬ ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Cutting out of the new titles to the little windmill. Gorgeous. He's good that Adam Smith.
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : My cousin is SO GOOD in this
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : One of the best ways to meet a companion (I'm bias) butt... brilliant from the Moffat ‪@StevenWMoffat
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Good this, innit?
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : I hate baked beans. I stand by my writing.
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL : I honestly haven't seen this since it was first on.. its really good isn't it! ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : Big shout out to Adam Smith ‪@flatnosegeorge‬ who helped me with my Doctor so much in the early stages. And set such a brilliant tone for the show. Respect man!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : I ate a lot of fish fingers n custard! A lot ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : You're Scottish, fry something. You see I'm ALLOWED to make these jokes.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Amelia is very Scottish in a very English village. Worried no one except me. I wanted to move Leadworth to Scotland so Karen wouldn't need the English accent to conceal the "twist" (ha!!) but one else liked that - and then we cast Annette Crosbie!!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : "Must be a helluva scary crack in your wall." Though I say it myself, that's a neat swerve back into the plot (not that I'd claim the plot was neat!!)
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : I remember watching a cut of the Fish Custard scene on a late night train home from Cardiff - it was the first time I thought we might have something. I texted Russell and told him we had a shot and bought myself a mini-bottle of disgusting Train Wine to celebrate. ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : It will surprise no one to know that the fish custard sequence is basically the Tigger scene from Winnie The Pooh. Which I thought was the funniest thing of all time when I was a kid. I made my Mum read it to me over and over again.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Last September my wife made me fish custard. It was lovely! #FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Time-wimey. Shut up with the catchphrases. Moffat must go.
- - - - - - - - - -
ADAM SMITH : weirdly - matt actually liked this food. or so he said. ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : And then he NEVER CAME BACK TO THE SHOW. Traitor. ‪#traitor‬
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : The DOP for this episode is one of my favourites ever. Owen McPolin. Everything should be lit by Owen!
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL : AMY'S CRACK!!! ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Tone violation!! No wonder. I kept killing you.
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : That quite enough of that
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  I fear I've just wasted my revenge
- - - - - - - - - -
‪‬

daf

Part 2
Quote from: The Eleventh HourMATT SMITH : In the corner of my eye...... ‪#FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Always surprises me, when I watch it back, that Arthur as Rory turns up BEFORE Karen. Of course, were were sneaking Rory in. We always intended him a companion but we had some fake-outs that worked better if you didn't know that. The boy who died a lot!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Note the Doctor's amazing space powers. Whatever he goes through, whatever happens to him ... there will only ever be half his shirt hanging out. Time Lords are awesome.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  So, yeah, the rest of this episode is frankly anguished improvisation on my part. It works, I think - because the focus is on the new guy, and Amy and Rory but it was tough. And however much you like it, you couldn't really call it tightly plotted!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  The first 15 mins of this I LOVED writing. Had it my head from BEFORE I'd accepted the job. The crashing Tardis, the Tigger scene, the little girl packing her case and waiting. Then I was totally stuck. 15 mins into the best job of my career and I sank under the mud!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Adam Smith put such beauty and warmth into these scenes. The colours, the lighting, the magical garden, the little suitcase, Ameila's hat. It's a succession of brilliant choices.
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  And... abandon a small child...
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  The figure darting past the window would have been revealed to be the Doctor himself in The Big Bang - but it didn't cut in very well, so we abandoned the idea. It's Matt Smith though.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Doesn't Murray Gold break your heart every time?
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Murray's score... woof!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Yes!‪ @karengillan‬ is about to arrive all cross!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  And the Darvill ‪@RattyBurvil‬!
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : Goodness ‪@LockdownWho‬ is my favourite doctor and I may be biased but he's just so good!!
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  Me doing my English accent
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Marcello Magni is so brilliant..
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  He came to the readthrough. At which point we realised he didn't have any lines.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  I like how we conceal Karen's red hair be putting hat on her that doesn't conceal her red hair.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  English Karen. It's TOO STRANGE. Everyone knows she's a bald American blue person.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Olivia Coleman there in the part that I think still defines her. Hopefully she'll be back on our screens some day.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : (1) The mysterious door. That's a dream I had over and over again as a kid. Sometimes when I went to my Gran's house there would be an extra door on the landing leading to a strange green room full of tables packed with shiny exciting toys and a stage at the far end.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : (2) First thing I'd do when I got to my Gran's was run upstairs to check if I was dreaming or not. Real life was always a disappointment. Years later, I told my Mum about the dream - which I was still having on a regular basis - and she said "I know that room."
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : (3) When I was a baby she'd take me next door to visit an old lady. There was a big green room with a theatrically curtained window and she'd spend her time trying to stop me grabbing shiny things off the tables. The dream stopped. But one day it came in useful.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Blimey. It's a whole 18 minutes to Karen Gillan! Where's she been, the slacker? A whole other actress had to fill in her for her while she was lounging in her trailer.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Ooh! Cricket bat! Handcuffs! Maybe he SHOULD have hit her with that grappling hook!
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  I will say, I figured out my eyebrows since this ep
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : What ..... like you can move them now?
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  Hair reveal is something I'm still very proud of [crying with laughter emoji] #FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Dog man opens his mouth and shows his CG fangs - and God we couldn't get the fang to track at all. Looked terrible. The day before the press launch, Piers and I went in added camera shake to the shots, which conceals the problem pretty well. Watch carefully though.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : So how does that snakey thing get about when there's no ceiling to hang from, eh, EH? Moffat must go! Oh, he's gone, phew!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : And there's Amy remaining in the scary room and not listening to the Doctor's dire warnings. Yep, she can stay.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Any second now ... the action theme for the very first time ...
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN : FIVE MINUTES!!!! Back to Scottish
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Yessssss the Doctor and Amy!!!
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Struggling to tweet as I keep getting distracted by Dr Who‪ #FishCustard‬
- - - - - - - - - -

daf

Part 3
Quote from:  The Eleventh HourMATT SMITH : It's Amelia Pond!!!!! ‪#FishCustard
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Totally forgot that Annette Crosbie is in this. She is just wonderful
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : The slagging off Leadworth scene was one of Matt's audition scenes.
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  All I remember from the audition was a goldfish!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  I remember adding that bit of "not done yet" regeneration angst late in the day. Worried that people might forget he was a new Doctor. What nonsense!!
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  THIS SHOT!!!!! brilliant work from ‪@flatnosegeorge
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  The new Doctor's new see-all power - never seen again!! (Apart from A Christmas Carol.)
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  ends right on the nose
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Awesome lens flare!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Me and Kazza ‪@karengillan‬ were always cold. Constantly cold!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Adam Smith ‪@flatnosegeorge‬ being very clever
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Me and Arthur ‪@RattyBurvil‬ kept laughing in this scene. Or I did. Arthur being hilarious
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  The sonic blew up in my hand!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  This whole sequence on the village green - it got rained off. Rescheduled for another day. And it rained AGAIN. We had more plans than we managed.
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL : I had a real napping problem whilst filming this...I think the nerves and excitement got the better of me and I actually fell asleep in between shots, in the middle of the day, next to the "duck pond" ‪@karengillan‬ ‪@LockdownWho‬ ‪#FishCustard‬ love a nap
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  You fell asleep on your FIRST DAY of filming!! How can anyone be that relaxed?!
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  I'm glad it came across as relaxation. It was definitely nerves and 10 cups of coffee.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  And here we go. My seventh Doctor Who script - and FINALLY I kill someone. (The nice doctor.)
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Not ACTUALLY kill someone. That would be wrong.
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Bloody Jeff
- - - - - - - - - -
ADAM SMITH :  that was actual patrick moore -
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  Loving fast paced editing of this episode. It suits Matt's doctor so well. Constant crazy momentum!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (1) The Jeff scene. Love this. One of my favourites. The capper - when the Doctor reappears and says "Delete your internet" history before slamming out the room again is the most joyous use ever the action theme. But I was FURIOUS that I had to write this scene ...
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (2) Now it can be told! It was a budget cut. The only budget cut in history that ever came with added Patrick Moore. Originally, the Doctor asked Amy where he could find some "clevers" (instead of remembering Jeff's laptop) and she tells him about a maths class.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (3) But the schedule was full to bursting, and all we could afford was an actor and a bedroom (many stories start this way!) I was incensed. I LOVED the lecture hall scene. With great ill grace I wrote replacement. Which was, on reflection ... vastly better.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (4) Because I'm special kind of idiot, it took me a long while to admit that the new scene was an improvement. If you want know to how big an idiot I was, I'm going to tweet the original scene (it's not very good.) ‪
- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Yes Adam Smith ‪@flatnosegeorge‬ ! We used this very book of his quotes!!! For hoursssss #FishCustard

daf

Part 4
Quote from: The Eleventh HourSTEVEN MOFFATT :  Bebo. What IS Bebo?
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Corrr it's a good ep!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Jeff that's you!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  And he STEALS A FIRE ENGINE. So Doctor Who!!!
- - - - - - - - - -
ADAM SMITH :  that was NOT matt driving a fire engine. obvs. who would let him do that.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Look, Olivia Coleman's getting some lines. She's good, she's bound to make it eventually.
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Hahaha Arthur ‪@RattyBurvil‬ fell asleep on his first day.... which is coming up
- - - - - - - - - -
ADAM SMITH :  lot of fun watching olivia improvise with matt on this scene. none of the lines were used, but some of the reaction shots were the results of olivia's amazing swearing and matt's brilliant ability to play along
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Olivia and the creepy kids ‪#FishCustard‬ new band name
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Basically Olivia is Trailer Lady.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Karen and Arthur shot their last day on Who in that hospital a couple of years later.
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  That was the same hospital?! My mind is blown WHAT?!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  We only used the exterior in this ep. We came back and used only the interior!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Blimey, it doesn't let up, does it? ALL TELLY SHOUD BE LIKE THIS!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Arthur on cracking comedy form for the next few minutes.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  This is, I think, the third time the Doctor has found his new clothes in a hospital. No wonder he thinks he's a Doctor.
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  ‪@RattyBurvil‬  Arthur's first day...
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : Sleepless night before this scene
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  My nan couldn't watch Dr who.. she told me she found the Cider men too scary ‪#FishCustard
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (1) So the Doctor calls the aliens back to show off a bit. Not something he'd normally do. Usually when he's won he loses interest and wanders off to look at steam engines or something. But Jane Tranter had the note that Matt needed a big swaggering hero moment.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (2) So I added this sequence. The Doctor takes a curtain call and makes the baddies watch. It's a bit out of character in some ways, but it totally works. Oh, the cheers we got at the screenings! So WHY does it work?
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  (3) Because it's a new Doctor, it's a new era. Grandstanding is partly what it's about. Strange beast, Doctor Who. Half drama, half showbiz. Also half comedy, half romance, half adventure, half farce and half horror. Doctor Who is a show of many halves.
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  Ahh the good old days before any of us discovered teeth whitening [crying with laughter emoji] #FishCustard
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  And that was the Doctor arriving from The Angels Take Manhattan. But we didn't know that then.
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Such beautiful storytelling..
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Oh, and the splendidly delayed reveal of the TARDIS interior. Gorgeous!
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Kazza ‪@karengillan‬ the TARDIS scene [crying with laughter emoji] old fish eye lens eh
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Close ups of the Doctor's hands on the console - not Matt, and the wrong jacket
- - - - - - - - - -
ADAM SMITH :  There was a lot of talk about bowties at the end of this shoot..
- - - - - - - - - -
ADAM SMITH :  at one point there was talk of the doctor looking like a sixties french mod. this didn't happen. despite piers wenger and i being very keen on it.
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  lovely sonic pop up
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH : The sonic! I have it!

- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  And the wedding dress - the finale has started!!
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT : Is anything as nostalgic as a trailer? What the future used to be!
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL : every line a zinger ‪#FishCustard‬ ‪@StevenWMoffat
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  Also. Bloody great season trailer!! If I may say...
- - - - - - - - - -
MATT SMITH :  That's was jolly fun. Look after yourself old fruits. M x
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  That was incredible. ‪@StevenWMoffat‬ really did smash it out the park.
- - - - - - - - - -
STEVEN MOFFATT :  Ahh, that was great. Amazing days. I'd love to live that year again - Doctor Who and Sherlock for the first time - WITHOUT stressing out and properly NOTICE how incredible it all was. I hope you all enjoyed. Stay safe, stay home, stay tuned.
- - - - - - - - - -
KAREN GILLAN :  Good times everyone. Thanks for coming on this whirlwind adventure with us. Until the next one!
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  Well.. ‪#FishCustard‬ was a bloody joy...
apparently we are all 10 years older which doesn't make any bloody sense.. Amazing work you guys. Bloody love you all ‪@flatnosegeorge‬ ‪ @LockdownWho‬ ‪ @karengillan‬ ‪ @StevenWMoffat
- - - - - - - - - -
ARTHUR DARVILL :  And from a fictional nurse.. massive love and support to everyone in the NHS at the moment.
- - - - - - - - - -

Mister Six

Daf, you're a bloody wonder. Thank you!

Gosh, how warm and lovely it all is. Made the Spyfall watchalong look rather sad. Could Chibnall and Jodie really not make the time?!

Love how engaged Karen is with all the technical stuff, unlike the other actors have been. She's a director now, of course. Has anyone seen her film? Is it good?