Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Thundercats Roar

Started by Malcy, March 03, 2020, 04:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

When this was announced a couple of years ago I was horrified by the picture of Lion-O they released. Shitty animation style and looking childish as fuck.

Well I just watched the first 2 episodes and surprisingly enjoyed them. It's very silly and the character design is horrendous but I laughed several times because it was so silly.

It kind of felt a bit like a Thundercats cutaway from Family Guy at times. Especially since Tygra looks a bit like Joe Swanson. All the original music is there from the theme tune to the individual character and fight themes.

Mumm-Ra has a hairy scrotum like chin and Snarf is now some sort of Swiss Army Snarf Robot. The episodes are a little over 10 mins long which is probably the attention span of the age I reckon they are targeting with it.

I'll keep watching it, which I thought I'd never say.

Larry Kenny the original voice of Lion-O is the voice of Jaga in this one. I think he was in the last series they did as well but never made it past the first couple of episodes so can't really remember.

Spiteface

I'll stick with my boxset of the original 80s show.

This just isn't for me.  That's okay. The tone isn't my bag, and the art and animation style reminds me of so many other cartoons that people adore, that I cannot stand.

The 2011 reboot was good but fucked over because some Lego thing was similar but cheaper, apparently.

Dewt

Why is Steven Universe a cat

Replies From View

Do they draw separate mouths for every character?

ToneLa

At least they kept the brother.

madhair60

samadriel

Is this what bitter animation neckbeards mean when they wank on about "Cal Arts style"?  Most of the time they seem to be referring to actually-good stuff, but if this is what they're talking about... fair enough.

ToneLa

That poster is nauseatingly tedious, tediously exhausting

Thundercats Roar? This isn't even Thundercats Meow

kalowski

Fuck that awful, awful, art. Every fucking cartoon on TV looks like this now, gurning, twisted eye popping images. It has no culture, no real art and no subtlety. Might as well watch The Amazing World of Gumball.
These cunts are not fit to lace the shoes of Hannah and Barbera.

samadriel

I dunno if I'm comfortable with the notion that Hanna-Barbera were good!... But yeah, this just seems like a cynical cash-in on the last decade's most distinctive stuff, without a moment's thought as to whether it meshes with the subject matter. And, god, the main character's design is so ugly! Those fluffy sideburns flanking the hog nose, urgh!

kalowski

Quote from: samadriel on March 06, 2020, 10:45:52 PM
I dunno if I'm comfortable with the notion that Hanna-Barbera were good!... But yeah, this just seems like a cynical cash-in on the last decade's most distinctive stuff, without a moment's thought as to whether it meshes with the subject matter. And, god, the main character's design is so ugly! Those fluffy sideburns flanking the hog nose, urgh!
Ha. I was thinking of Tom and Jerry rather than The Hair Bear Bunch, to be honest.