Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RSD 2020

Started by Head Gardener, March 04, 2020, 11:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

first look at what's to come on April 18th : https://imgur.com/gallery/yjsBe0e

Shaky

Also the initials of my old secondary school so I got very confused there for a moment

lazyhour

Hope everyone involved gets Coronavirus but survives, cheers

Pauline Walnuts

Full text list here:

https://www.shortstackrecords.com/blog/record-store-day-2020-list-rumoured-rsd-releases

Ooh, two tracks of Slint's Spiderland stuck on a 12" That's a real good use of everyone's time.

Ah, who am I trying to kid, I've already got my little list written out.

Captain Z

The Levellers - What A Beautiful Day 7" picture disc - featuring a full-size picture of the original vinyl (£14.99)

BeardFaceMan

Is it Lets Fuck Up The Release Schedules For Rest Of The Year Day already?

holyzombiejesus

Christ, what a load of old tat.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Naturally, there's the annual junk to bleed the bowie fans dry.

Only thing I saw that was vaguely interesting (to my admittedly narrow tastes) was the reissues of Kraftwerk and Kraftwerk 2. Shame they've never got round to reissuing it themselves instead of licencing it out for some one off that will be clogging discogs for a few months.

Sebastian Cobb

In many ways RSD is absolutely awful but it did bring about Santigold's Gold Fire Sessions which is probably one of my favorites in the last decade.

Pauline Walnuts

Surprised there wasn't a vinyl edition of the remastered/remixed/buggered about with Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason.

wosl

Christ, Menswear's album's a quarter of a century old (originally typed 'half a century', and am wondering if that was the critical subconscious talking).

Pauline Walnuts

Official list out now:

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2020/

Somestuff that wasn't on the other list, inc. Britney Spears second album.

purlieu

Waiting for the CD / digital releases of the FSOL and Amorphous Androgynous records at the end of the month. Just about the only group who go out of their way to put out new material for the day and then supply more widely available (if less collectable) versions down the line.

boki

Was briefly excited by the Dickies reissue, then checked Discogs and realised you can get a decent second hand copy for fuck-all.

holyzombiejesus

Primal Scream's Loaded on 12" for twenty quid lmfao

Butchers Blind

Neil Young's Homegrown is being released on RSD. 

momatt

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 06, 2020, 11:34:30 AM
Primal Scream's Loaded on 12" for twenty quid lmfao

I love it when these reissues are considerably more expensive than the original pressings.
Seen a few on Discogs for £4.

Pauline Walnuts

I can't see anything quite as bad as INXS's kick reissue last year, or was it the year before that?

Famous Mortimer

At least the Slint tracks are demo versions, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say they're the same songs from the recent "Spiderland" re-issue.

Captain Z

Quote from: Captain Z on March 04, 2020, 03:02:42 PM
The Levellers - What A Beautiful Day 7" picture disc - featuring a full-size picture of the original vinyl (£14.99)

This was a joke but scarily accurate now I've seen the reissue of Ocean Colour Scene's 4th album on green vinyl. I expect there'll be a rush on those.

purlieu

Put back to 20th June due to some disease that's meant to be going around.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: purlieu on March 13, 2020, 05:56:48 PM
Put back to 20th June due to some disease that's meant to be going around.

I wonder if this will mean it gets to displace a load of albums in the pressing plant queue for a second time.

purlieu

Pushed back to - wait for it - 29th August, 26th September and 24th October.

Which is good news for all the artists and labels who've put money into releases, and for the record shops who are the point of the day and desperately need money now rather than in six months' time, and for people who'll be queuing up despite the social distancing measures that will almost certainly still be in place in the autumn, and all the fans who really want to wait longer for the records, and for health services who'll already be enjoying an increase in case number because it's heading into winter again and thus looking forward to the extra cases this will no doubt spread.

Actually, no, good news for Record Store Day for keeping it going, because the only thing they seem interested in these days is promoting Record Store Day.

Just put the fucking thing online you irresponsible cunts.