Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCK YOU AND YOUR JOB

Started by shiftwork2, March 04, 2020, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

I was once explicitly told in an interview that I was too good for the job. I was so sick of applying to jobs though that I just shook my head and said I'd be happy to work there etc.

I spent a total of 4 hours working there and it only took me about half an hour to conclude that everyone was surely too good for the job. At lunchtime I politely told the boss that was me done and left.

I'll leave out what the job actually entailed and let your imagination run free.

imitationleather

Quote from: Noonling on March 07, 2020, 01:15:19 PM
I was once explicitly told in an interview that I was too good for the job. I was so sick of applying to jobs though that I just shook my head and said I'd be happy to work there etc.

I spent a total of 4 hours working there and it only took me about half an hour to conclude that everyone was surely too good for the job. At lunchtime I politely told the boss that was me done and left.

I'll leave out what the job actually entailed and let your imagination run free.

The Queen's gynaecologist.

bgmnts

Quote from: Noonling on March 07, 2020, 01:15:19 PM

A runner on the film Flubber?

kngen

Sacked from my second ever job, in my third day as a dishwasher in a terrible shitty little 'bistro' that microwaved all its food when I answered back to the boss (clearly a trophy wife who'd been given the place by her rich husband to keep her occupied). She'd already hassled me for taking too long washing glasses, and then was back to moan about them being streaky. 'You can have them washed properly or you can have them washed quickly - your choice,' I said in the way only a teenager, not completely au fait with rules of workplace deference, can.

She disappeared to make a phone call then, about 15 minutes later, her husband turns up with a brown envelope with a day's wages and some stern words about 'shaping up if you want to make it in life'. Don't think I did much other than roll my eyes and saunter out the door, counting the money - a whole shifts' wages for being there less than two hours! Bought a bag of cans and turned up at my mate's doorstep, a pattern that would be repeated several times over the coming years. (I think he was quite glad when I finally surrendered to an extended bout of dossing on the dole after realising that me and the concept of paid employment just weren't getting on.)

Danger Man

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 07, 2020, 12:44:56 PM
I'd forgotten about that whole pub quiz thread from Steven. Good stuff.

Fake edit: Actually rereading it is quite bleak.

Another one: Pijlstaart's post on page 9 is fantastic.

I'd say the bit when it moves from pub quizzes to holocaust denial is where the thread takes on iconic status.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on March 07, 2020, 01:11:53 PM
Funny how spoons are the most popular pubs but the most lifeless and sterile.

Cheap and a big range of offerings. Each drinking venue needs to know what its role is and Spoons definitely doesn't need to foster a neighbourly atmosphere, it needs to churn out shit for the masses in town centres for the short time they're there.