Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Invisible Man

Started by Head Gardener, March 05, 2020, 05:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

It is available. Already made $123 million on a $7 million budget so I don't think downloads are going to hurt it!

Goldentony

Absolute fucking shit from start to finish, everyone involved needs to be fucking imprisoned

bgmnts

Quote from: Mister Six on March 23, 2020, 04:34:07 AM
Yeah in the US it's $20 to stream. Even getting a ticket in midtown Manhattan is "only" going to cost you $17 or so.

17 dollars for anything in midtown Manhattan seems reasonable to be fair.

timebug

Watched it on my free digital box thingy a few days ago. Totally underwhelmed. Apparently the female lead is well famous for loads of stuff, none of which I have ever seen! It passed a couple of hours.Next....

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: timebug on March 28, 2020, 10:22:44 AM
Apparently the female lead is well famous for loads of stuff, none of which I have ever seen!

She's not been in much as far as movies go (I think this is her first big lead role) but she's one of the standouts in Mad Men, one of the best TV shows ever, also the BBC series Top of the Lake, and The Handmaid's Tale which are also worth a watch.

Goldentony

Tinking about this again, cunt looked like Pepsiman and moved like 2002 Spiderman. Not bothering with The Platform. Fucking hell this is TORRID boys TORRID

Small Man Big Horse

Thought I'd give this very different take on the story a go after watching the 1933 version yesterday, the first half is really strong and it plays with some interesting ideas as Moss's supposedly dead boyfriend just fakes his death and is destroying her life while being invisible, and it initially creates a taut, bleak atmosphere. But as some others have mentioned the second half is a lot worse, and there's a sod load of things which bothered me including (deep breath):
Spoiler alert
How come Adrian gets all that paint off of him so quickly, and kills people with just one punch so many times? Why didn't Cecilia take the magic invisible suit when she initially found it? Does the psychiatric hospital not have cctv? How come she didn't bleed all over the place after her suicide attempt? Why was it the brother that one time but not all the others? And why doesn't she tell James that Adrian spoke to her outside the hospital? Plus after calling 911, wouldn't the cops think it's weird she just upped and left?
[close]
Along with some other minor bits that I can't be arsed to mention as I've already complained a lot as it is, all of which frustrated as otherwise this is pretty great at first and it's a shame that I had such issues that led me to feeling a bit disappointed by it. 6.7/10

druss

Very occasionally I'll avoid a film because some fucking idiots on the internet sway my opinion which is what happened with this.

Just saw it now and it was great, fucking internet idiots.

Edit: Obviously far from perfect with stupid shit like the dog still being there and the brother stuff not making sense, but a good scary film about an invisible man.

Stigdu

Count me in as a lover of the film as well. Saw it at the cinema (cut) with my wife, enjoyed it, then bought the disc (uncut) and enjoyed it again.

Of course, it's not as fantastic as his previous film Upgrade, but that was to be expected.