Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Murder by Numbers (Phoenix Wright vs. Picross)

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, March 05, 2020, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheffield Wednesday

Say what you see. It's a Phoenix Wright-style visual novel with detective elements, combined with Picross. It's by a UK indie studio but the excellent soundtrack is actually by the Phoenix Wright composer. Even the sound effects are similar if not identical to the PW games. The character designs are done by some other relatively experienced Japanese artist, the guy who did the bizarre Hatoful Boyfriend pigeon dating simulator.

The tone seems very light but mysterious, a good whodunnit, and it's supposed to have around 20 hours of game there, which will be plenty for me these days. There's a fair bit of positive press around this one so if any of the above notes tick your boxes, maybe buy the game and play it and maybe you enjoy it.

Consignia

I had heard about this, looks good. Frankly, just the picross is enough for me, anything extra is a brucie bonus.

C_Larence

This is the first I've ever heard about it but I'm willing to declare that it is the perfect game.

Sheffield Wednesday

I've put a bit more time into this now and it's excellent, for what it is. I daresay it is the most perfect pairing of these two genres. I'm not a massive fan of either separately but this gives me just enough of each that I'm always interested in the other, if that makes sense. It's actually quite funny at times, the story and characters are fairly broad but intriguing enough and the Picross is spot on. I would recommend this to anyone with a Switch, especially for the price.

MojoJojo

Instantly sold. The fact it's only a tenner helps.

Jerzy Bondov

Been looking forward to this. Caned the absolute fuck out of normal Picross on the Switch so I'm ready for the same but with a story.