Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Today is the Day - No Good to Anyone

Started by alan nagsworth, March 05, 2020, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

First off I want to say that "Temple of the Morning Star" and "In the Eyed of God" are some of the most perplexing, grim, overpowering artistic statements I've come across in metal. Steve Austin's penchant for layering shit tons of the same vocal or guitar track recorded over and over creates a truly hellish and anguished noise that you'd struggle to find anywhere else, let alone done half as well.

So, after a 6-year hiatus, they're back with a new album, but eh... it's alright. I confess I have never got around to listening to anything else from TitD aside from the above two albums so I don't really know what other gubbins they've got up to in the intervening couple of decades, but this album didn't really impress me. In fact I got quite bored about 3/4 through it. The trademark intensely scuzzy sound is present, but this, along with the banal lyrical content, felt more laboured here. Instead of sounding like it came from a place of deep, bilious hatred, honestly at times the lyrics sounded fucking corny.

A lot of people elsewhere are rating it very highly so I'll give it more of a chance - especially because I was certainly impressed with the opening track - but first impressions weren't great.