Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question Time thread.

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 06, 2020, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Can never work out where to vent about this fucking box of offal.

Last night a prospective leader of the Lib Dems said that one of her "favourite books is Harry Potter" and then quoted one of the characters as is he were Ghandi.

Then, a man came on and said that we shouldn't be having an enquiry in to the bullying allegations surrounding Priti Patel as Labour has an ongoing issue with anti-semitism and there was no investigation in to that. It was pointed out that there already was an independent enquiry in to that and the man said it wasn't the two issues weren't comparable.

Can you imagine being in the audience and not at least shouting wanker at someone? I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from entering the stage and dirty protesting

bgmnts

My hatred of Harry Potter puts me in a miserable position in a world where about 98% of the population fucking worship it as some kind of Holy Text. I hate it and it's everything wrong with the world, culturally. I hope that Lib Dem MP gets gout.

Oh and Question Time is shite as well.

ToneLa

if I was in that audience I'd be more New Jack than ToneLa in that I'd be knifing like fuck, chucking off scaffolding, the lot. Infuriating cunts, hopefully that mad Japanese terrorist cult band from the 90s releases sarin gas at the next taping

Blumf

This should go here:

Quote from: Buelligan on March 06, 2020, 07:26:00 AM
And, of course, the whole Question Time thing.  https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ourbeeb/is-question-time-s-audience-producer-really-fascist/

QuoteCritics had good grounds for rage. In September, Pedley had invited the Boston, Lincolnshire EDL to apply for the show's audience – drawing complaints from anti-racist campaigners and local MP Matt Warman. The backbencher was told the show approached the EDL repeatedly, but contacted neither the Conservatives nor any other local group. In a letter to the director-general, he accused the BBC of misrepresenting Boston, "fanning the flames of division" nationwide, and "giving the impression that abhorrent views are widespread enough to be acceptable."

bgmnts

It's quite weird really Amber Rudd whinging about no platforming because Oxford didnt want her speaking, yet we probably have the friendliest, most open culture for people to have an opportunity to spread their horrible fucking bile on telly, more than ever. Question Time being a good example.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 06, 2020, 02:13:23 PM
Can never work out where to vent about this fucking box of offal.

Last night a prospective leader of the Lib Dems said that one of her "favourite books is Harry Potter" and then quoted one of the characters as is he were Ghandi.

Then, a man came on and said that we shouldn't be having an enquiry in to the bullying allegations surrounding Priti Patel as Labour has an ongoing issue with anti-semitism and there was no investigation in to that. It was pointed out that there already was an independent enquiry in to that and the man said it wasn't the two issues weren't comparable.

Can you imagine being in the audience and not at least shouting wanker at someone? I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from entering the stage and dirty protesting

That made me angry....because I imagined me doing this (shouting wanker) and the two blairite twerps in my office shaking their heads and acting all mature the next day as I try and defend my stance

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: ToneLa on March 06, 2020, 02:27:20 PM
if I was in that audience I'd be more New Jack than ToneLa in that I'd be knifing like fuck, chucking off scaffolding, the lot. Infuriating cunts, hopefully that mad Japanese terrorist cult band from the 90s releases sarin gas at the next taping
Hanatarash, you mean (who once drove a bulldozer through the wall of a venue they were playing at)? Or the actual Aum Shinryko lads? Or both? There's an episode of Question Time I'd watch.