Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Badger

Cook batting absolutely beautifully today in the Bob Willis Trophy final and likely winning it single-handedly barring a second innings collapse.

ElTwopo

Was looking forward to the T20 finals day tomorrow after Lancashire's win yesterday against Sussex in the quarters.

The weather's gonna fuck it though. Coin toss and/or bowl-out to decide it, I reckon.

poo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There's still some talk about playing Sri Lanka in February.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/54538298

This catch is well worth a watch - even if it is in some Piss vs Jeb contest.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BBC using pictures of Archer playing for England to illustrate their IPL news story.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good on Pakistan, they've invited England to tour. Your move ECB.

Can't wait, that 2005 tour seems almost mythical now. I remember listening on long wave to us fucking up the first test, then Inzamam batting for fucking ever. 431 runs in 3 tests.

poo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

2021 County Championship Format

QuoteThe County Championship groups

Group 1: Essex, Warwickshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Worcestershire, Durham.
    Group 2: Somerset, Hampshire, Surrey, Gloucestershire, Middlesex, Leicestershire.
    Group 3: Kent, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Northamptonshire, Glamorgan, Sussex.

QuoteHow will it work?

Each county will play 10 four-day games in the group stage - five home and five away.
    The top two teams in each group will go through to a second group stage called Division One.
    The six teams in Division One play a further four matches, with the side that finishes top of Division One crowned 2021 County Championship winners.
    The top two teams in Division One will contest five-day Bob Willis Trophy final at Lord's.
    The remaining 12 teams that do not go into Division One will move into Divisions Two and Three, in which teams will play another four matches.

So, 2 group stages, a county championship winner from the second group stage but also the 5 day final for a trophy that is derived from the performance of the county championship but different from being county championship winners, and then four more rounds of redundant matches from the scrag ends

Sigh

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Big Bash introducing subs. Shit hitting the fan apparently.

Why do we just not care about T20 and all its bollocks but for a larger portion of other countries fans they don't have a problem with it?

To me it's like reading Malta has introduced flogging for public spitting.

king_tubby

Shoulders?-Stomach!

king_tubby

Hard drive inspection starts at 1600 hours, UK time.

iamcoop

Fucking Talksport 2 though.

India currently being questioned under caution at the SCG.

king_tubby

Harry Badger

Holy shit - they've got a fucking CROWD in Sydney for the ODI. Not a full house but at least 15,000 in there I should think. Genuinely thought it was computer wizardry at first.

Inspector Norse

The chasm between India's performances at home and away is quite embarrassing for the sport of cricket really.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 27, 2020, 10:27:34 AM
The chasm between India's performances at home and away is quite embarrassing for the sport of cricket really.

Most teams struggle away from home these days to be fair.

They could yet win this game - 166 off 119 with two well-set batsmen in.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Harry Badger on November 27, 2020, 10:52:50 AM
Most teams struggle away from home these days to be fair.

Aye and it's a big problem for the sport in general. India as "World Number One" for several years despite only winning one series in the last decade away at a half-decent side (and that Australia right after the sandpaper incident), and the biggest commercial draw, are merely the most obvious example.

poo

just came to say I have zero interest in this (or any other) T20

iamcoop

Roy gone second ball.
Like slipping into a comfy old pair of jeans.

finnquark

Quote from: Harry Badger on November 27, 2020, 09:52:44 AM
Holy shit - they've got a fucking CROWD in Sydney for the ODI. Not a full house but at least 15,000 in there I should think. Genuinely thought it was computer wizardry at first.

The recently concluded Aussie Rules season was played out in various locations with crowds, including the final at the Gabba in front of nearly 30,000. Watching it with a proper crowd was both really thrilling, and also a reminder of things from the land that time forgot here in the UK. Does anyone else enjoy AFL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdxhexZhSBM

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No.

Quote from: iamcoop on November 27, 2020, 06:03:21 PM
Roy gone second ball.
Like slipping into a comfy old pair of jeans.

34-3

Slipping into a comfy young pair of kids

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Agnew "I hadn't heard of George Linde"

Who is fucking paying you to fucking do anything then you fucking cunt

George Oscar Bluth II

That's weird cos the South African commentators on the telly have been v excited about him. Do you research Aggers, you cunt.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: finnquark on November 27, 2020, 06:29:56 PM
Does anyone else enjoy AFL?

I've seen it on TV a couple of times and as far as I could make out it was basically a load of drunk blokes with mullets having a big fight somewhere near a rugby ball. Which to be honest is also how I imagine most Australisn towns look on an average Friday night.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh yeah, Stokes + Bairstow turned South Africa into paté here in the past didn't they.

Inspector Norse

61 off the last 6 with 7 standing and a set Bairstow and Stokes at the crease? You've got to fancy England from here, Brian.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Woops. Stokes gone.

There's a long tail after Morgan so I still have S.A as faves here, probably 70/30 in their favour.