Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

Fucking unbelievable. That's the sort of thing we do when we tour Australia.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chedney Honks

Kapil Dev with the Cyanide Capsules in the Biobubble.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Australia have been bowled out for 195.

I see Pant and Jadeja are in, so their batting is slightly beefed up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chedney Honks

Edited.

rjd2

Not sure what Indian selectors were at picking Saha for Pant and Shaw opening. Arguably could have got Gill in the first test as he was always going to be brought in for Kohli. Its a very test so far.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Saha is utter dogshit, I can't believe he still gets picked.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Looks like India are strong favourites to bounce back here, be interesting to see how they fuck this up.

Much easier to cheer on with Kohli out of the side.

iamcoop

They'll probably find a way to fuck it. I'd love to see them batter the Aussies though.

Interesting match going on in South Africa. Sri Lanka are ropey but their relentless attempts at smacking beautiful cover drives makes for some lovely viewing.

Kane Williamson also quietly staking his claim to be one of the best in the business. He's a fucking machine at the moment. You've gotta love the kiwis. Great bunch of lads.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Centurion a belter as ever, over 700 runs in 2 days. You know it's a tasty batting strip when Dean Elgar's strike right is in the 70s.

Sri Lanka no way to stop the bleeding, and a bowler down through injury or something, it appears. Oh, and potentially a batsman down as Dhananjaya retired hurt. Edit - oh wait he's a spinner too isn't he, so 2 bowlers down.

That South Africa tail is AIDS though, so it's all up to Faf + Bavuma to drag them out of this.

Inspector Norse

Bavuma reportedly so scared of getting a century he basically retired himself on 71 - walking for a catch behind despite replays showing he didn't hit it.

Elsewhere Steve Smith has 9 runs in 4 innings against India.

druss

Quote from: Inspector Norse on December 28, 2020, 11:25:07 AM

Elsewhere Steve Smith has 9 runs in 4 innings against India.
Danger of his average dropping below 60 at this rate, pitiful.

sevendaughters

annoyed we're not playing, it is our birthright to be blasted around the southern hemisphere between Xmas and NYE

Inspector Norse

Faf du Plessis finally made his first test 150 against a SL attack now consisting of the reserve wicketkeeper, one of the caterers and MIA.
And then got out for 199.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah, the injuries took their toll. Now 2 wickets down in reply, 200 runs behind, effectively 4 down with those missing. This is looking like an innings defeat.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

All over, India win without Kohli. Lovely stuff.

rjd2

India just seem much calmer when Rahane is captain, and he seems to be very shrewd tactically.

The concern for India though will be losing Umesh for the third test, their strength has been how good collectively they are and no weak links. I know little about his replacement Saini but from I read he blows hot and cold. If he is serving up trash then Australia can sit on the good bowlers without stressing.

Rohit coming back seems likely, bar sitting on the couch and having a so-so IPL he has done little since covid and obviously he has always been a flawed test cricketer, but they will never give up on him as a test cricketer.

Australia will bring in Warner and that Pucovski kid, move  Wade into the middle order and fire Burns and Head out of a cannon.

Sri Lanka seem unlucky with the injuries in their test, while Pakistan are rubbish.

Harry Badger

Reminiscent of 1994 where England came back after being bowled out for 46 to beat West Indies in Barbados for the first time in decades.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

West Indies Test Squad: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Jermaine Blackwood (vice-capt), Nkrumah Bonner, John Campbell, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Kavem Hodge, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Shayne Moseley, Veerasammy Permaul, Kemar Roach, Raymon Reifer, Jomel Warrican.

10 players not travelling to Bangladesh due to covid concerns, so here is the b-team (AIDS-TIER).

To be fair, at least they have their main bowling attack.. Not sure what use it will be in Chittagong though.

Gonna be seeing a lot of Unit Cornsolid I reckon.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55506382

Bbc not even arsed to track down the first name of 'T Natarajan' despite it being a google search away.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 02, 2021, 02:01:04 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55514593

sigh

Incredible

I saw some tweet where an Indian supporter actually paid their collective bill (before probably grassing them up).

Inspector Norse

Inspector Norse

Looking at the England squad and the warm-up game today, they look like sending out a very batting-light lineup next week. The selectors have, it seems, shown their usual wisdom in deciding that the best way to cover Burns' absence is to move the guy who scored a double century in his last outing at 3 up to open and fill the gap at 3 with a guy who averages 18 from his last 10 tests, is widely regarded as having lost his red-ball technique, has played two first-class games in the last year, and was out for 5 in the warm-up today.
Not sure what will happen lower down - will Buttler bat 6 as Pope isn't fit yet (despite batting and scoring a fifty today) with a five-man bowling line-up featuring Curran (Woakes is isolating after carpooling with Moeen) and Bess as the all-rounders? Who bats 5? Lawrence? Foakes? Bairstow to be allowed to bat twice by agreement with the umpires and opposition because Ed Smith says "he just needs that one chance to get a big innings and go on to make the runs we all know he can"?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fair play to India for pulling off a draw there. Well behind all game but I think the pitch flattened, all the same, the bat all day and only lose 3 wickets. Can't imagine England doing that for 2 sessions.