Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Meanwhile, Ireland just lost an ODI to the UAE.

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 11, 2021, 07:21:16 AM
Fair play to India for pulling off a draw there. Well behind all game but I think the pitch flattened, all the same, the bat all day and only lose 3 wickets. Can't imagine England doing that for 2 sessions.

Australia once again showing themselves to be the biggest bunch of pricks in world cricket. Imagine chirping a tailender that's got 4 more test centuries than you, after dropping 3 catches. Deso.

Smith cheating AGAIN lol

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55615318

Yeah, back to sledging and cheating in no time. Not surprising given the team sent out on the field.

Particularly jarring after watching all the utter crap and self-righteous bilge contained in their documentary series trying to make themselves look like the put upon victims, then resorting to the same nonsense about 'finding the right side of the line' when exposed as the same gang of slackjawed little shits they always have been. Not much respect left for any of them except for the bowlers.

finnquark

I started that series last night actually, was pissing myself at Langer, what a risible guy. 'There's abuse... and there's banter.'

rjd2

Great to see.

They need to persist with Pant. this is clearly his best format and imagine Saha doing well anything really?

Credit to Vihari assume plenty online were screaming for some IPL warrior to replace him and also Ashwin who had turned into an Indian Broad with his batting recently.

rjd2

Ashwin, Bumrah and Agarwal all probably out of the next test alongside Vihari and Jadeja who were ruled out very quickly.

So India will probably line up like this. What a time to be alive.

Gill
Rohit
Pujara
Rahane
Pant
Saha/Shaw
Thakur
Kuldeep
Saini
Siraj
Natarajan

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The last guy someone who BBC and Cricinfo still apparently don't know his first name beyond 'T'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIn Tamil Nadu and some parts of Kerala and South Karnataka, patronymy is predominant. This is a significant departure from the rest of the country where caste names are mostly employed as surnames. This came into common use during the 1950s and 1960s when the Dravidian movement campaigned against the use of one's caste as part of the name.

However, rather than using the father's full name, only the first letter — popularly known as the initial — is prefixed to the given name. For example, if a person's given name is Saravanan and his father's Krishnan, then the full name is K. Saravanan and is seldom expanded, even in official records. Only where it is forced by stipulation — such as when applying for an Indian passport which does not usually allow initials — is the initial expanded and the name rendered as "Krishnan Saravanan".

I see...

QuoteThangarasu Natarajan (born 27 May 1991)

king_tubby

Dog shit pie. Compromised hard drives. Tomorrow, 4.30am, let's go! (not me, I'll be asleep)

Harry Badger

SL 81/5 - seminary levels of noncery by the Sri Lankans here. All but one wickets the result of paed shots. Could be tricky batting last though as this wicket is already starting to break up.

Harry Badger

126/8. Dom Bess now has 4 for 30 bowling tripe.

Thursday

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some absolute shite there, bowling and batting.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh we can totally out-paed Lanka.

They think they're the real paedos - we are the real paedos mate

Shoulders?-Stomach!

2 paeds down, classic from the band of travelling paedophiles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteTufnell

If England can just get a platform they will give Jos Buttler and Sam Curran the licence to attack and really put the pressure on

... At 50-2. Buttler and Curran are in at 6 and 7 which is 🤮🤮

iamcoop

Absolute drivel from the Lankan lads this morning. Even I was impressed with the levels of sexual deviancy on display.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Apparently this is the strongest position we have ever been in at end of Day 1 after fielding first in Asia.

This isn't the Sri Lanka side of old though, they have been on the slide for a while. Losing Karunaratne doesn't help and some of their other batsmen are in dog shit form.

Harry Badger

I know Sri Lanka are a pretty poor outfit these days but there was no reason they couldn't have grafted to 250 or so. That would have put them right in the game on this wicket. All England really have to do is put together one more decent partnership after this one and it's game over barring rain.

Inspector Norse

Looking forward to getting up tomorrow and seeing Root c Thirimanne b Perera 78

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53352074

A challenging quiz, I was rolling around so many names in my head to get the last few but couldn't do it in the time limit. Thankfully no glaring misses.

111/122.

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 14, 2021, 02:20:12 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53352074

A challenging quiz, I was rolling around so many names in my head to get the last few but couldn't do it in the time limit. Thankfully no glaring misses.

111/122.

I started this but I was doing it on my phone and kept getting frustrated at losing time by continually having to scroll up and down. I also forgot how to spell Marcus Trescothick's name which cost me valuable time. Surprised myself by how many I got correct though. I'll have to give this a proper go when I get back to my computer.

Inspector Norse

I got 104

Only one I'm surprised I forgot was
Spoiler alert
Onions
[close]
, I also spent ten minutes racking my brain for the surname of
Spoiler alert
a bald spinner named James - turns out it was Tredwell
[close]

iamcoop

I also blagged an answer by assuming the tall fast bowler that debuted for Middlesex at 16 was
Spoiler alert
Boyd Rankin
[close]
even though it wasn't correct.

I think it would work better if it was done on a question by question basis with the option to pass and return later, instead of rewarding an incorrect answer with a point by virtue of the fact it's correct somewhere else along the line.

Harry Badger

Managed 116  - couldn't remember the surname of the Aussie-born keeper and managed to forget
Spoiler alert
Malan
[close]