Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

Quote from: poo on January 14, 2021, 04:13:09 PM
Hiya lads

Weeeeyyyyy.

Get the pint cans of Stella in, get the plane watching app up and running and I'll see you in the garden at 4am.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: iamcoop on January 14, 2021, 02:56:42 PM
I also blagged an answer by assuming the tall fast bowler that debuted for Middlesex at 16 was
Spoiler alert
Boyd Rankin
[close]
even though it wasn't correct.

I think it would work better if it was done on a question by question basis with the option to pass and return later, instead of rewarding an incorrect answer with a point by virtue of the fact it's correct somewhere else along the line.

Nah, it's only a matter of thinking of as many as possible, like sporcle quizzes you can just keep dropping names

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 14, 2021, 02:50:42 PM
I got 104

Only one I'm surprised I forgot was
Spoiler alert
Onions
[close]
, I also spent ten minutes racking my brain for the surname of
Spoiler alert
a bald spinner named James - turns out it was Tredwell
[close]

Likewise, spent 5 of the 30 minutes trying to dredge up that bald cunt.

poo

Quote from: iamcoop on January 14, 2021, 05:08:30 PM
Weeeeyyyyy.

Get the pint cans of Stella in, get the plane watching app up and running and I'll see you in the garden at 4am.

👍👍👍👍👍👍

iamcoop

Warner GONE.

Always feels beautiful saying that.

PowerButchi

Lawrence is looking very tidy here.

now I've said that I fully expect him to throw away his wicket.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

PowerButchi

At least he didn't miss a straight one this time.

Chedney Honks

Love a nice curry for breakfast and some coconut milk.

Inspector Norse

Mickey Arthur throwing a massive wobbly after Joe Root was given not out there. Quite surprised that he has made it all the way to international cricket coaching without understanding that the batsman is not out caught if the ball bounces after he hits it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He does seem frequently very animated. I doubt this is helpful for the players.

Harry Badger

This game is an absolute joke. Sri Lanka aren't even trying anymore.

PowerButchi

Our tail is pretty long, so Buttler could do with piling some on here.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Harry Badger on January 15, 2021, 09:25:37 AM
This game is an absolute joke. Sri Lanka aren't even trying anymore.

Good work there, woke them up a bit

Inspector Norse

This is where the stage is really set for Buttler and Curran to come in and play some shots and take the game away from Sri Lanka

Buttler c Dickwella b Embuldeniya 12 (47b)

Harry Badger

Poor Mendis. He's been hit four times at short leg in the last three overs.

Inspector Norse

Watching Mendis get repeatedly hit by these sweeps I'm not surprised his batting form has been so bad, if it's like this every match the poor bloke is probably permanently concussed

sevendaughters

declare now, fuck it. this is the worst SL team since the first one.

Inspector Norse

Terrific from England this morning. Double century for the captain, first innings lead of 300, and they still throw in a collapse of 6 for 49. I guess all that time out in the middle started making them anxious in case the local plod took it upon themselves to search their hotel rooms.

Chedney Honks

Reminds me of a gang of pissed up rosbif beer boys descending on the curry house, one genuine hard lad smashing the place up because he wants more chutney and then when the waiters have all been suppressed, the chefs snap and come out swinging cleavers, hacking hands and fingers off the hard lad's poof mates who crumple like so many knock off Chipsticks. Beefy gets his little bowl of chutney wedged down his throat.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kinell

Moose Clothing Cup

Loggy Shallots Classic

sevendaughters

this is Leach's first proper game since the NZ tour at the end of 2019 (apart from a couple of trundles in the Bob Willis Makeweight Cup). Seems like a life ago.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Despite the 5-fer I suspect Bess is getting dropped for Ali for the next test unless he bowls really well tomorrow.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 16, 2021, 12:38:51 PM
Despite the 5-fer I suspect Bess is getting dropped for Ali for the next test unless he bowls really well tomorrow.

Bizarrely the roles have been reversed in the second innings - Leach bowling dross and Bess looking tidy until the last two overs.

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 16, 2021, 12:38:51 PM

Thought Ali had been ruled out for the whole series due to virus?

Inspector Norse

Nope, he's fit and ready and has clearly earned his recall with his impeccable performances since being dropped[nb]Moeen Ali played a grand total of 0 games of red-ball cricket in 2020[/nb]

Chedney Honks

Both our spinners are fucking shit at cricket no offence

Thursday

Yeah, Bess has these brief sessions of being good but then disappears again, while Jack Leach is endearing because he's a massive nerd and managed to not get out long enough for Ben Stokes to get that win at Headingley, but otherwise adds very little.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteYou can't drop those against the likes of Thirimanne

Tbf you probably can

Maybe Thirimanne will get all the runs he hasn't got in the last 37 tests, but hey.

finnquark

TMS is the pits this morning. Dickwella being named after a town in Sri Lanka has led the gang to list cricketers named after places. Interminable.