Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,174
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Australia probably won't make the world final at Lord's. India v NZ.

poo

Harry Badger

Holy fucking shit, that is extraordinary. Listened to it til lunch but never really thought they'd pull it off.

Harry Badger

Joe Denly doing his thing in the Big Bash - 26 (31) 1x4

sevendaughters

just watched the Aus/Ind highlights. Insane courage by Pujara, probably one of the greatest sub-60 innings ever. Usual Aussie suspects heads falling off under pressure (Gary and Hazlewood). Pant is a right squirt but great knock.

Thursday

Here, where are people going to watch streams for the England matches at the moment?

king_tubby

Inspector Norse

Mark Wood flogs through 30 wicketless overs in the Galle heat, gets picked ahead of Stone and Woakes to do it again four days later despite Broad being rotated out.

Inspector Norse

Anderson 14 overs, 3-15
The rest 48 overs, 0-158

Think Jimmy needs a bit more support there lads

Thursday

Feel like England have lost this already, because we almost always collapse when we've got even a moderate total to chase in the first innings.

sevendaughters

what's odd was I didn't think Anderson bowled GREAT, two of those wickets were total brainfarts.

Harry Badger

That's it Joe, give Wood an eighth over in punishing humidity at the end of the day.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Had to laugh when I saw Anderson had got through 19 overs today. Never change Joe.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 22, 2021, 12:00:55 PM
Had to laugh when I saw Anderson had got through 19 overs today. Never change Joe.

Given that SL are now 300/2 against the rest of the bowlers it's hard to see what other option Root had. Picking a stronger bowling lineup might have helped, I guess.

Inspector Norse

I mean I'm sure there's a lot of psychological and climate and tactical factors going into this and Jack Leach and Dom Bess are good blokes and they've played well in the past but to me a professional, international-level spin bowler, somebody whose job is to bowl spin and is paid for bowling spin and spends probably 60-70 hours a week playing and practicising and training and bowling spin, and who is selected as one of the absolute best spin bowlers in a nation of 60 million people, should be able to get the ball to bounce in more or less the right place and not keep dropping short all the bloody time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Anderson's figures are helped by SL's strategy, as it was with Broad to just dead bat him and score off the rest.

They have enough runs to win the game already, I reckon.

Curran was a shit selection for this series imo

Inspector Norse

Especially when England are leaving the field out to let the guy on 60* get singles off the last ball of the over to farm the strike

... and get out, fair enough then.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Heh, Curran immediately gets a wicket.

Over to Paed-crew now

Inspector Norse

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/why-rangana-herath-could-be-last-test-star-pick-up-1000-first-class-wickets

Jimmy now 19 fc wickets away from busting into this club.

QuoteAt 34 and counting, James Anderson appears to be on his last legs. Unless the England stalwart redefines the fitness level of an ageing fast bowler, Herath Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara Herath could very well be the final product of an exotic breed.

Hi mate

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sibley getting totally ended by Embuldeniya

Inspector Norse

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is it possible to drop a player in the middle of a test. I'd already be wanting Sibley down the order at this rate.

Inspector Norse

SL against England spinners 195/0 off 64 overs

England against SL spinners 0/2 off 4 overs

Good to see the England openers have been doing their homework eh

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can't beat the ringsting of an EPIC PEDO ATTACK

Chedney Honks

iamcoop

Excellent. Bairstow has always struck me as the sort of player that has the capability and temperament to bat for two days.

druss

Forgotten until this tour how good Root can be.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: druss on January 23, 2021, 11:54:22 AM
Forgotten until this tour how good Root can be.

And how useful Cook would have been. Two of the best players of spin in England history.