Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:35:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hahah, Joe Root now realising it really is up to him.

Inspector Norse

Root's bowling average now lower than his batting average, sign of a truly world-class all-rounder.

Thursday

Chedney Honks

Hentai programme wobbling like a set of cartoon flaps.

druss

Wonderful first wicket stand here, inspirational stuff from the lads.

Inspector Norse

"He played pretty nicely for his 13"

Yes Athers, thanks

druss

Best opening partnership of the tour though, got to give them that.

Thursday

Burns is back for India right? I mean it's not like he's guaranteed to be much better, but it's something.

druss

You know things are bad when the BBC live text feels the need to point out that Sibley is doing really well so far by making it to double figures.

Inspector Norse

Sky commentators saying Sri Lanka have got their plan wrong for Sibley.

Because he's been so fluent and prolific all series, you know.

sevendaughters

Aggers made predictable hay of the ball landing in the paint, felt like I was at an after-dinner speech.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Thursday on January 25, 2021, 08:54:39 AM
Burns is back for India right? I mean it's not like he's guaranteed to be much better, but it's something.

Totally failed in the subcontinent last time out and looked all at sea, sorry to report.

Inspector Norse

Jonny Bairstow's scores in the series: 47, 35*, 28, 29

It's like Denly never left

finnquark

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 25, 2021, 09:04:21 AM
Aggers made predictable hay of the ball landing in the paint, felt like I was at an after-dinner speech.

Cook currently sounding like a failed Viscount, relating some insanely tedious farming anecdote.

jobotic

Yep, couldn't give a fuck about "Cookie's" enormous lawn.

I hope some poor people move onto it.

sevendaughters

Quote from: finnquark on January 25, 2021, 09:57:16 AM
Cook currently sounding like a failed Viscount, relating some insanely tedious farming anecdote.

he started it when I put some eggs on the heat and hadn't finished by the time I was plating up

Harry Badger

ECB being very optimistic scheduling fixtures at Lord's, Edgbaston and Cardiff. We aren't even that hopeful of being able to play our little nine-team social league.

Inspector Norse

Root's record in fourth innings is pretty lame (like Steve Smith in that regard)

finnquark

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 25, 2021, 10:09:49 AM
he started it when I put some eggs on the heat and hadn't finished by the time I was plating up

I marked 2 essays during the anecdote, which was unbearably shit even by his hokey standards. Who have we got on Talksport for the next series? Got to be better than this.

QuoteThe broadcast team includes talkSPORT cricket regulars, Darren Gough, Mark Nicholas, Mark Butcher, Matt Prior, Steve Harmison, Gareth Batty, Alex Tudor, Neil Manthorp, Jarrod Kimber, Jon Norman, Guy Swindells and Andrew McKenna.

Oh.

sevendaughters

is it just me - am not an audiophile - but is the production on TalkSport's cricket coverage a bit more brash than TMS, which reminds me of brass polish and World of Leather. or is it just the acrid stink of Richard Desmond pouring out of Darren Gough's mouth?

Harry Badger

Well, there's a lot more tiresome banter if that's what you mean.

Thursday

I feel like we've been extremely lucky with umpire's calls... it's like the umpires are looking at these and thinking " It'll only just be hitting the wickets, so that's umpire call, not out"

Inspector Norse

Buttler needs five for his fifty, England need two to win. What price him sending the ball sailing off ahead of England's plane to Chennai?

Thursday

Feels like a very good win... but then Sri Lanka are shite. I feel like that's going to be overlooked.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 25, 2021, 11:45:45 AM
Buttler needs five for his fifty, England need two to win. What price him sending the ball sailing off ahead of England's plane to Chennai?

Did it in singles, how boring.

sevendaughters

yeah SL were absolute wazz there, huge respect to Angelo Mathews and Embuldeniya for dragging it to respectability. India 4-0. Put a monkey on it.

Mr Eggs

A harsh test on the sub (Gay) continent.

Contributions. Everycunt hates YJB.

Mr Eggs

I was expecting more from his interview. On his neck.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: jobotic on January 25, 2021, 10:00:29 AM
Yep, couldn't give a fuck about "Cookie's" enormous lawn.

I hope some poor people move onto it.

Quickly corrected someone that he lived in Bedfordshire, not Essex.

Aggers was bragging about a haunch of venison he was barbecuing yesterday.

Hot off the back of Ramprakash saying that public school boys are the only ones worth teaching cricket to because they listen. Went totally unchallenged.