Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Worst for me was when the cunt was mocking the driver for not going on the toll road and going round the mountains or whatever and he was scoffing that it only cost 11p or something.

Dumb fucking bastard.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

South Africa touring Pakistan, their return is a fairly big moment - first test starts tomorrow at 5am GMT.

Not sure if there will be crowds allowed or not as I haven't bothered to check.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

199 test wickets for Rabada by the age of 25.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pakistan reduced to 33-4*. As awful as South Africa were against us, they might actually win here because their bowling attack is full strength and Pakistan's side is loaded with dreck at the mo.

*they used Shaheen as nightwatchman which is itself hilarious.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That post dated badly. 33-4 to 378 all out. That was some remarkable gash from South Africa.

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 28, 2021, 07:03:53 AM
That post dated badly. 33-4 to 378 all out. That was some remarkable gash from South Africa.

I have it on good authority that some pretty tasty portable hard drives were accidentally left in the Wanderers changing rooms during England's last tour of South Africa. With that kind of candy lying around it's unsurprising they're falling apart in Pakistan. Apparently Russell T Davies' next project is rumoured to be based on South Africa's test squad, although those rumours may be unsubstantiated as (according to Twitter) a Channel 4 crew have already been spotted doing pre-production in Chennai in the last few days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

From Pakistan being 33-4, and even after letting that slip South Africa then being 29 runs ahead with 8 wickets left, that is fuckawful from the saffers.

iamcoop

Reports saying Channel 4 are closing in on a deal to show the India series. Nice bit of free to air test action if so. 

king_tubby

The flipside to that is I read they'd be getting Legend Vaughny and Legend Pietersenny in to present it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on January 31, 2021, 02:56:49 PM
The flipside to that is I read they'd be getting Legend Vaughny and Legend Pietersenny in to present it.

Can cope with Vaughan for intervals but Pietersen is unbearable.

Looks like the Australia tour to South Africa later this month is off due to the local variant. It does slightly expose how vulnerable world cricket will be to a situation where other countries vaccination programs are going to be way behind England, Australia and New Zealands.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 02, 2021, 11:04:18 AM

Looks like the Australia tour to South Africa later this month is off due to the local variant. It does slightly expose how vulnerable world cricket will be to a situation where other countries vaccination programs are going to be way behind England, Australia and New Zealands.

Well there's this:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/28/dramatic-drop-in-covid-cases-gives-india-hope-of-return-to-normal-life

and this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/16/india-begins-worlds-biggest-covid-vaccination-programme

So that's India sorted. Don't know much about the pandemic in the West Indies, or Pakistan (or, more to the point, the UAE)...

king_tubby

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 02, 2021, 11:04:18 AM

Vaughn was slagging teachers for not wanting to get the 'rona the other day, so the cunt can do one.

iamcoop

Quote from: king_tubby on February 02, 2021, 11:48:35 AM
Vaughn was slagging teachers for not wanting to get the 'rona the other day, so the cunt can do one.

Much like Boycott he's a repugnant human being but I think he's quite good when he actually talks cricket.

The Channel 4 coverage appears to be being presented by Cook and Strauss, according to the right wing gutter press. Apparently Butcher will be one of the primary commentators (again, in my opinion not a bad thing - for my money he's easily the best of the broadcasters talk sport use.)

I would be happy to never hear anything from Pietersen again. 100% cunt of a bloke and a terrible broadcaster and analyst to boot.

mikeyg27

Quote from: iamcoop on February 02, 2021, 12:20:42 PM
Much like Boycott he's a repugnant human being but I think he's quite good when he actually talks cricket.

The Channel 4 coverage appears to be being presented by Cook and Strauss, according to the right wing gutter press.

Please, please leave his mic on during the ad breaks without telling him.

jobotic

Quote from: king_tubby on February 02, 2021, 11:48:35 AM

Michael "we need a strong leader like Trump to get us Brexit" Vaughan? Never!

druss

Quote from: iamcoop on February 02, 2021, 12:20:42 PM

I would be happy to never hear anything from Pietersen again. 100% cunt of a bloke and a terrible broadcaster and analyst to boot.
Agreed, although will be lucky to ever see a batsman of his calibre play for England again.

Pranet

My interest in cricket comes and goes, and recently I have not really been following it much, but I am the only person totally astonished about the India series being on normal tv? I thought that test match cricket would never ever return to free to air tv in this country. Have there been rumours about this? Is there any particular reason why it has happened?

Thursday

Presume it's mainly Channel 4 reckoning it might actually be worth putting in a big offer since people are at home all day.

Thursday

I'm still confused about this though. They never decide these things this late... the radio times is already out and printed for the next couple of weeks. This is going to cause absolute chaos!!! Plus I'd be annoyed if I'd booked some now TV expecting it to be on, as I expect some people might have.

gilbertharding

This kind of explains it... https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jan/30/england-test-team-may-return-to-terrestrial-tv-as-channel-4-closes-on-india-series

Of course, the Indian cricket authorities don't care about Now TV subscribers, and as it's mostly just going to be in the morning, the only channel 4 viewers likely to be upset will be devotees of Cheers, Frazier and Big Bang Theory reruns.

Pranet

I did wonder if the timings actually made it more attractive rather than less, because as you say it isn't going to get in the way of anything important, and if play ends early they have a ready made schedule to fill the time.

gilbertharding

Everybody Loves Raymond Illingworth*

There's a day night game which kicks off at 9am GMT.

*stole this, sorry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Crawley out of the first two India tests after slipping in a changing room.

iamcoop

Series prediction then lads? I'm going 3-0 India. Can't even see us stealing one game but I'd love to be proven wrong.

sevendaughters

4-0 India.

Am a bit pissed off that All 4 doesn't have a live watch thing. TV signal is crap here.

iamcoop

Quote from: sevendaughters on February 04, 2021, 06:31:02 PM
4-0 India.

Am a bit pissed off that All 4 doesn't have a live watch thing. TV signal is crap here.

It's on normal channel 4 as well I think...pretty sure the 4od website has a live feed of that?

Edit: The 4od phone app also has a live feed so that could be another option

sevendaughters