Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyg27

Proper LOL'd at that wicket. What a waste of a reprise.

Old Thrashbarg

Has anyone ever won by an innings having scored less than 150?

sevendaughters

Out for a walk and listening. Haven't laughed like this in ages.

Just imagining the batting analysis team talking Bairstow through the replay of his amazing two balls at the crease.

druss

Good job we have so many pace bowlers for this game.

finnquark

Was doing an online lesson then, with the match on in the background here. Heard a loud laughter from one of my students at the exact moment Bairstow was out, great to see the youth embracing this

Norton Canes

Cricket newbie here (so probably means I should be batting for England eh?!!) - does this mean Axar is as great a bowler as Root, or is this just a shit pitch for batting?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 25, 2021, 11:40:53 AM
Cricket newbie here (so probably means I should be batting for England eh?!!) - does this mean Axar is as great a bowler as Root, or is this just a shit pitch for batting?

Axar looks a seriously good bowler, while Root is a handy occasional bowler who is particularly dangerous in these conditions.

The pitch would appear to be an absolute disgrace.

iamcoop

This is gonna give me a fucking heart attack.

jobotic

Looked at the score - boring. Wanted them out for under 50.

druss

Should have enough now, can't understand why Root isn't declaring, poor captaincy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Thursday

Bit shite for Channel 4, we're never seeing Cricket on terrestrial tv again.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Subtracting sour grapes, this is a joke of a test match. A Root 5 for and all over in 2 days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Thursday on February 25, 2021, 12:18:33 PM
Bit shite for Channel 4, we're never seeing Cricket on terrestrial tv again.

Don't be like that, apparently pandemics are due to become more frequent in the future.

Norton Canes

How many wickets will India lose in the chase? I'll go for one.

iamcoop

Not that it makes any difference but why the fuck do we insist on putting Archer in at 8? He's never done anything with the bat since playing for England.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What the fuck is Foakes doing here? Blocking out while it falls apart around him. Cheers.

Thursday

Not sure why Root hasn't declared??? this is more than enough!!! Cowardly.

Thursday

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 25, 2021, 12:47:31 PM
What the fuck is Foakes doing here? Blocking out while it falls apart around him. Cheers.

Playing cautiously to give Leach a chance to strike.

sevendaughters

I've really enjoyed this match (he says as Foakes gets out to a straight one) and think pitch preparation should veer toward the agricultural than the landscape.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

England pace bowlers: 1 wicket for 79 in 27 overs

Indian spin bowlers: 17 wickets for 146 in 65 overs

Do you think we got the squad selection right

Old Thrashbarg

That was different. A definite spike when the ball was next to the bat, before it got to the pad, on the first view. Then changed to a view without Ultraedge. Then back to the original view and the spike was somewhat flattened.

Thursday

Personally, if I were batting, and the ball was going to hit the stumps, I'd simply hit it with the bat, rather than let it hit my legs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fair play to the Indian media and the team themselves for the kidology that persuaded England to go into this matcher with 3 seamers and a pace bowling all rounder.

One of the worst subcontinent selections of any test in recent memory.

sevendaughters

Akash on Talksport seemed to think the selection was a grave commentary on the internal view of Dom Bess.

poo

Biggest bunch of cunts in the history of the world.

iamcoop

Quote from: sevendaughters on February 25, 2021, 01:16:51 PM
Akash on Talksport seemed to think the selection was a grave commentary on the internal view of Dom Bess.

Yeah, the vibe seems to be England didn't really have a choice as they have no confidence in Bess.

Again though, we've made the classic mistake of overly focusing on the bowling department when Root aside, our batting is complete blood disease at the moment.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They have opened the bowling with Joe Root ffs. I know Bess bowled 5 full tosses to Kohli but perhaps he shouldn't be thrown to the wolves. Also, the tests he is playing in we keep winning.