Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:20:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 01, 2021, 05:21:52 PM
John Campbell continuing on his Daren Ganga/Keaton Jennings level incompetency.

Really stands out now the rest of them can actually bat

rjd2

Dunno they are still waiting for Blackwood to discover any sort of consistency!

I think Hope will open, he has been to loose for test cricket previously and to slow for t20s while elite in ODI cricket. Not many players can tick those boxes.

https://twitter.com/CricketRustling/status/1378744546033610752

Great to see the above from QDK.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm not sure what it is with Pakistan but their running and fielding continues to be full blown AIDS

Shoulders?-Stomach!

sevendaughters

the big 8-way tussle between the lads of CAB is off too, a flyer for NASA Hussain!

winced when I saw Lancs' line-up today but already bossing Sussex. bowling was never our issue though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cheers for that, I will watch some CC stuff next few days.

I also blocked social media from showing me any adverts for The Hundred. 👍

Pranet

Mentioned a few pages back some of the streams are pretty good these days. I wonder if in the long term the idea is to charge.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAcross the Pennines in Leeds, Yorkshire were also on the wrong end of a fightback as half-centuries by Timm van der Gugten (80 not out), Dan Douthwaite (57) and Kiran Carlson (55) helped Glamorgan fight back from 132-7 to close on 310-8.

Who who and who?!

sevendaughters

have seen van der Gugten in the flesh, he hit the winning runs in a Netherlands v Lancashire match in the CB40 in 2012.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 08, 2021, 08:24:25 PM
Who who and who?!

Carlson - another promising young Glamorgan talent who scored a hundred aged 18 (youngest ever for the county I think) but hasn't really kicked on. He's a proper shotmaker though, once saw him take Ishant, Jordan and Archer apart in a 50 over game against Sussex to win the match.
Douthwaite - burly, big-hitting allrounder who bowls fast but erratic. A few good perfomances but the jury is still out.
Van Der Hugten - Aussie quick bowler who has played these kind of innings before.

Watched most of the game today, it was fairly typical Glamorgan - leaving it to the tail to dig them out after the top order failed. But I can't really complain against Yorkshire. This new format means we aren't just playing the same Division 2 no-hopers that we always do. Hogan is splendidly entertaining, a proper tail end slogger who backs away to leg every ball. Hope he goes on to get his 50 tomorrow.

In fact, I'm so used to seeing Hogan at 11, I failed to notice that we have a 26 year-old Jamie McLlroy there, making his f/c debut. Can't help you with him I'm afraid other than him being a left-arm seamer who's been playing Minor Counties cricket.

Harry Badger

50 for Hoges! I once got told off by his wife for drunkenly berating Marchant de Lange's terrible death bowling.

Sound quality is fucking shite in this game.

Inspector Norse

I see James Vince started the season with 231 off 220 balls for Hampshire. With several England regulars unavailable for "reasons", I half expect to see Vince getting caught behind for 25 against New Zealand in a few weeks.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Inspector Norse on April 09, 2021, 02:29:34 PM
I see James Vince started the season with 231 off 220 balls for Hampshire. With several England regulars unavailable for "reasons", I half expect to see Vince getting caught behind for 25 against New Zealand in a few weeks.

There HAS to be a way of getting the best out of him for England. Hopefully someone stole his hard drive while he was batting and it's now in the safe at Lord's - that ought to concentrate his mind a little next time someone bowls outside his off stump.

PS - The CricketXI game has already taken over my life. Currently leading 'I'm Stumped XI' by just three points. Murtagh finally doing the business for me.

lankyguy95

Somerset so bad, they couldn't even do the decent thing to commemorate Prince Philip by just failing to reach three figures.

Harry Badger

Quote from: lankyguy95 on April 09, 2021, 03:02:07 PM
Somerset so bad, they couldn't even do the decent thing to commemorate Prince Philip by just failing to reach three figures.

It's not been mentioned at all on the Yorkshire/Glam commentary

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That innings was almost as meaningless as Pietersen's double century in one of his last innings before England decided against recalling him. Wound up then absolutely carting a shite attack on a flat deck.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 09, 2021, 08:04:07 PM
That innings was almost as meaningless as Pietersen's double century in one of his last innings before England decided against recalling him. Wound up then absolutely carting a shite attack on a flat deck.

was a triple! 355*

iamcoop

Fucking loving this County stream action lads

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pranet

Live stream of snow falling in Yorkshire.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Pranet on April 10, 2021, 01:20:36 PM
Live stream of snow falling in Yorkshire.

That was really bizarre. I went out to meet a couple of friends shortly after and it was dry and sunny, but there were clumps of snow and cars going past with a layer on the bonnet

Harry Badger

Same here. Watched til lunch then went out walking all day in lovely sunshine. First snow stopped play since Buxton 1975?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ethan Bamber looks a pretty handy bowler. Been watching the Somerset v Middlesex game (highest standard plus intriguing match situation) and he already looks like he'll be in the first team for the next 15 years.

Not sure he's got the pace to bother international cricketers though. Toblerone is looking decent too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That was made to look pretty easy by Gregory at the end, albeit rode his luck. Middlesex should have played a spinner really, no need to have Holm when there's Andersson available as a 4th seamer.

Great game though. Somerset were 89-9 in the first innings, 1 good ball away from getting well beaten.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If another wave of Covid destroys The Hundred might that actually be worth it

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lyth was on for 100 before lunch at one point before Loten hogged the strike. He was chucking his hands at anything outside off stump.

Root in now so the afternoon session might rollick along with those two in.

iamcoop

Nice to see Cook dosing the rest the Essex lads with a bit full blown, probably carried over in the bloodstream from his days with the England camp.

iamcoop