Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

After snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against Somerset this is a true fuckdown.

Inspector Norse

Interesting to look around the county scores at who might get a go for England with the IPL gang and other absences opening up a couple of places: runs for Bracey, wickets and runs for Robinson.

sevendaughters

Inspector Norse

Blimey, it's Warne to Gatting all over again, right down to the batsman's girth

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Got to say I have no major expectations of Parkinson but that will make waves.

Let's not forget, Rashid had a similar delivery in the UAE.

sevendaughters

if Parky could have a white ball career like Rashid I'd take it

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some decent CC matches again this week. It ain't bad when the weather's fair. Hope The Hundred is subject to a WEATHER EVENT

sevendaughters

watched an hour or so of two matches IRL this weekend - officially spectators can't watch cricket, but they can have people outdoors at their bar. Funny bit of circumnavigation and one I was proud to take part in. Anyway, saw the worst bouncer delivered in all of cricket.

iamcoop

I hope when the HUNDRED starts and someone gets four OUTS in a row the ground splits beneath them and every man dressed in crisps falls inside and cricket never happens ever again

Pranet

The thing is with the hundred, if it no one watches it and it turns into a disaster, which is what I want to happen, obviously, I can honestly see the ECB deciding that cricket has failed and lobbying parliament to make it illegal, they seem to hate it so much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I see Mathews is back bowling for Sri Lanka and they have picked 3 seamers.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Harry Badger on April 20, 2021, 08:05:05 PM
Ed Smith's been given the boot. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56822502

Hope the moneyball ballbag jumps to Sky so I don't have to listen the cunt. Or just fucks off out of it to get marginal gains on his own cock.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fair to state that whatever the plan was in Kandy, Sri Lanka fucked it up, because to be 302-2 against Bangladesh on your own turf after Day 1 is a bit humbling. They are slipping into a B team again, sadly, which is a shame after 25 years punching well above their weight.

Harry Badger

New round of Championship games just starting - I'm watching the clash of the minnows Northants v Glamorgan.

Inspector Norse

I read in the match report last week that 23-year-old Leicestershire opener Sam Evans had scored his maiden century against Surrey in tricky conditions.

Today he's been dropped because the overseas guy (Marcus Harris, test match average 24) is available.

The joys of county cricket eh

Edit: ah no, says on their website he failed a concussion check. Redundant post then

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Saif Hassan gutted to get a duck on seemingly the flattest wicket in the continent

sevendaughters

sevendaughters

didn't realise that Ian Holland who has had a very good start to the season is American, not Liam Plunkett American either

Harry Badger

Hilarious tailend slogger Michael Hogan is now batting for Glamorgan - currently 16 off 7. Top entertainment afoot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN2ydzQIeU

Inspector Norse

TOTAL PAKISTAN in the T20 international there. Chasing a mere 119 they managed to get hopelessly behind the run rate then collapse from 78/3 to 99 all out. Against Zimbabwe.

sevendaughters

lol while Pakistan remain Best Of Cricket for fun, this BAN-SL test sounds like a rare form of punishment

Inspector Norse

Lancashire put on 277 for their last three wickets today and now have Kent 23/3, Joe Denly just out for 4 I see. Sure it was a gritty and valuable innings in the context of the match like.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Inspector Norse on April 23, 2021, 05:23:27 PM
Lancashire put on 277 for their last three wickets today and now have Kent 23/3, Joe Denly just out for 4 I see. Sure it was a gritty and valuable innings in the context of the match like.

amazing stuff. wasn't particularly buoyed by Lancs' chances but they look like the only consistent team in Group C.

Pranet

Nepal Holland T20 on Freesports at the moment. In Nepal I think.

sevendaughters

Have swung round to being impressed by the SL BAN test in a masochistic way. Not often you see 10 down in total at the end of day 4. As long as Karunaratne doesn't break the world record.

Inspector Norse

jobotic