Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Badger

Quote from: ollyboro on July 24, 2020, 12:16:39 PM
Looking forward to Cornwall batting.  I'm picturing agricultural heaves rather than quick singles, but - as Adebayo Akinfenwa has proved - a larger frame doesn't necessarily mean a heavy touch.

From what I've seen of him, he plays proper shots even in white ball games.

ollyboro

Quote from: Harry Badger on July 24, 2020, 12:26:32 PM
From what I've seen of him, he plays proper shots even in white ball games.

Shame. A big bloke trying to clear the stands is a big part of cricket's heritage. I think I'd have been better suited watching  village cricket in the 1830s, when somebody losing the ball seemed to be prized above somebody getting a decent score. Having said that, I hate Twenty20.

Inspector Norse

Root throws his wicket away again. Inspirational captaincy there.

sevendaughters

Cornwall has a nice touch with the bat but is more a cross-bat Caribbean stroker than is ideal for over here.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Burns calling for a run despite hitting the ball behind square.

Then Root not backing up.

So paed they are going back to the standard of 11 year old school teams.

ollyboro

Aggers wouldn't have liked to have been caught in the ring by Giant Haystacks. There's an image.

sevendaughters

that whole TMS wrestling talk was excruciating, I was doing the dishes at the time so couldn't adjust the volume, felt like I had locked in syndrome.

ollyboro

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 24, 2020, 02:16:59 PM
that whole TMS wrestling talk was excruciating, I was doing the dishes at the time so couldn't adjust the volume, felt like I had locked in syndrome.

What?! Are you saying you didn't enjoy the Big Daddy applying for a mortgage anecdote? Perhaps you missed it. Okay, what happened was this: One day somebody was working in a bank/building society, when Big Daddy popped in to arrange a mortgage.

Thursday

It's okay Buttler's going to come along and save this innings.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Thursday on July 24, 2020, 03:26:26 PM
It's okay Buttler's going to come along and save this innings.

Must be close to curtains for him as management did the 'big score around the corner' this morning. But it is difficult to score when private investigators are staking out your house and filing through your private cabinet, the one with the special lock.

Harry Badger

Ollie Pope wisely physically destroyed his hard drive before dropping it into the river.

The question is whether he was able to resist backing any of it up. Only time will tell.

sevendaughters

Quote from: ollyboro on July 24, 2020, 03:07:02 PM
What?! Are you saying you didn't enjoy the Big Daddy applying for a mortgage anecdote? Perhaps you missed it. Okay, what happened was this: One day somebody was working in a bank/building society, when Big Daddy popped in to arrange a mortgage.

oh and he has a woman's name ahahahaha and Kendo Nagasaki ahahahha Andy look up how much Giant Haystacks weighed

poo

Buttler is nailed-on selection for me every time. Fuck you all.

Thursday

Well he is now... he's shown up for once and done enough to make sure he'll be selected automatically for the next 2 years at least.

Thursday

Bit of a turn-up here, but this time it's the umpire's hard drives that are under investigation.

poo

Quote from: Thursday on July 24, 2020, 06:01:02 PM
Well he is now... he's shown up for once and done enough to make sure he'll be selected automatically for the next 2 years at least.

Good

Chedney Honks

I'm with poo 100%

UNIVERSE JOS

NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER FORGET

iamcoop

All Jos has done is buried some external hard drives in a clearing and discarded a couple of SIM cards in an empty 7up can. He's clean for now but Scotland Yard are poised to move in at anytime. Pope propping up the young guard who seem to be surprisingly attracted to the 30+ demographic.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up making an upsetting episode of Panorama focussing on the umpires' conduct throughout this series in a few years time as well.

iamcoop

poo

Inspector Norse

I wish I was a betting man, this morning would have paid off my mortgage.

poo

The deeper the collapse the harder my cock

Harry Badger

Broad knows Hunter Stinson is waiting for him in the pavilion so he's just enjoying the last of his freedom.

Inspector Norse

Thursday

Quote from: Harry Badger on July 25, 2020, 12:21:16 PM
Broad knows Hunter Stinson is waiting for him in the pavilion so he's just enjoying the last of his freedom.

Well this is interesting, Stinson has apologised admitting he got the wrong man

Inspector Norse

This is his highest score since he got that knock on the head in 2014.

Chedney Honks

Fair play. One of the true winner bastards of English cricket.

Thursday

Last match we were 469-9 dec, this time we're 369 all out. This has to be deliberate.