Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:24:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Vince surely now so low down in the shitcan he'll never resurface.

EOLAN

If only Ireland could produce someone close to the quality of Morgan we could be competitive.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm looking at the scorecard and still can't work out how England are at 330 despite all the numbers adding up perfectly. Is it that easy?

Curran and Willey are handy lower order batsmen. Which is a good job as England's 2nd string middle order aren't convincing at all.

On the subject of Irish players turning out for England, is there any hope at all that's going to stop? Morgan defected when Irish cricket was shaping up well, but I guess was a class apart, it would have been an act of unbelievable charity if he stayed with Ireland throughout. The Irish team at the minute is going back to being bits and pieces, putting it mildly. Just when they're getting good series and competitions to play in.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ha! Reverse mockers. Ireland going great guns here. Stirling having one of his days.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Something about this became incredibly predictable. Well done Ireland.

Stirling, Stirling, Balbirnie banana nana fofana, Stirling!

EOLAN

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 04, 2020, 03:21:20 PM
Vince surely now so low down in the shitcan he'll never resurface.

Not sure how happy he should be that his bowling has been the highlight of his series.

rjd2

Bit weird that top English lads did not seem to roar sectarian abuse at the Potato men when they were batting.

gilbertharding

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 04, 2020, 11:26:31 AM
it's not a great documentary to be honest. candid, sure, but it lies (England's win in India in 2012/3 was an apex moment, but this documentary would have you believe they were all crying into their whites at the time) to preserve a smooth narrative flow. i get it, but i prefer the Aussie doc.

Forgive me - but what doc is this?

Chedney Honks

Neighbours 2000

Very much enjoyed this anachronistic car bomb of a performance yesterday.

Who saw that coming?!

poo

I never call cricket "cricket" in real life - I say "bat and ball". I say it deadpan and it unsettles people.

gilbertharding

Quote from: rjd2 on August 05, 2020, 01:31:12 AM
Bit weird that top English lads did not seem to roar sectarian abuse at the Potato men when they were batting.

There was some awful 'Guinness' banter on the radio towards the end of England's innings.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuck me the Pakistan series has started

CRIMKET OVERLOARD LADS

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Intriguing session as Pakistan are absolute paedo against the short ball but Anderson and Broad are now all about pitching it up. Archer rattled them with some short pitch bowl before cleaning up Abid there.

poo

Chedney Honks

I genuinely don't want Jof to commit human manslaughter.

Inspector Norse

Woakes' bowling average against Pakistan is in the minus numbers

poo

I'm fixtures sec for our local team

"Who play bat and ball?"
"We've got a game? Where/when?
"Our bat and ball grass"
"At Home?"
"Yeah"
"When"
"Day number 6 of next period seven days"
"Friday next week?"
"Yeah"
"What time you annoying cunt?"
"1800 seconds after I finish making money in front of clicky television"
"Half five then?"
"Yeah"
"Who we playing?"
"another bat and ball people"
"Farmer's Arms?"
"Yeah"
"20 overs?"
"120 throws of ball to bat"
"Yeah, 20 overs?"
"Yeah"

Inspector Norse

Good drop that from Buttler. Ed Smith high-fiving himself up there in the dressing room.

finnquark

Nass must have had a meagre lunch, he's fuming.

Mr Eggs

Enjoying Box Chat with Azhar Mahmood on TMS.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

rjd2

Buttler should have been smashing the Irish Yesterday but here he is doing bad things in the format he is clearly the worst in and has been given enough opportunities.

Jos like Bairstow may want to play this format, but it needs to be explained to them, they need to focus on the two formats where they are genuinely match winners in rather than the format where they will never master.

Chedney Honks

Jos could retire a fuckin LEGEND of the game. A paradigm shifting UNIVERSE JOS. As it is, he'll be remembered for the winning the Worlds Cup (big thrill) and a Test avg of 29.82.

Inspector Norse

Excellent session from England and the bowlers have had a well-deserved 40-minute break, coming out now with five overs left before the second new ball and one wicket away from getting into Pakistan's tail. Keep the pressure on and try to get this key wicket is the aim, so give Archer and Woakes a couple more each before handing Anderson and Broad the new ball, right?

Oh, Root's brought himself on to bowl.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shadab is definitely one to watch for the future for Pakistan. Their batting order drops off a cliff after him, mind.