Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

McCoy Tyner RIP

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, March 06, 2020, 07:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfork.com/news/legendary-jazz-pianist-mccoy-tyner-dead-at-81/amp/

Proper amazing pianist, his playing is probably my favourite thing about A Love Supreme and a bunch of other Coltrane albums, unique and unlike anyone else. His solo stuff was great too.

kalowski

Aw, bollocks. He was the Real McCoy.

Funcrusher

Fuck, RIP. Saw him live once at the Jazz Cafe and he was amazing, one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Twit 2

sevendaughters

my favourite jazz pianist all things considered. a truly great career and i now realise i know absolutely fuck all about him personally.

Dirty Boy

Quote from: FuncrusherSaw him live once at the Jazz Cafe and he was amazing, one of the best gigs I've ever seen
Fuck! I'll bet.

He was truly one of the greats. Like many, i first discovered him through A Love Supreme, which is rightfully heralded as a classic yadayada, but i don't think you can go wrong with any of the 60's-70's period with a special mention for Sahara, Trident, Focal Point and Supertrios. Some of that stuff fucking Soars.

Bookmarked Sun Ship to listen to later as i don't think i've had the pleasure.