Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Corden IS Peter Rabbit again

Started by Cursus, March 06, 2020, 10:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cursus

Fucking hell! They've made a sequel to Corden's awful Peter Rabbit film.

Glebe

Crabwalk

The first one wasn't actually that bad. Despite Corden's best efforts, and thanks mostly to Domhall Gleason. In fact he delivers a line in it that made me laugh more than any comedy film I saw last year.

idunnosomename

They should just put all the coronavirus in the world into James Cordens oozing bloated husk

ZoyzaSorris

Good idea but I'd be be a bit worried we'd end up with something like this

I watched the Simon Pegg/Kirsten Dunst dud How to Lose Friends and Alienate People last night. It was weird to see a pre-megastardom James Corden appear for half a scene.

idunnosomename

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on March 07, 2020, 08:51:40 PM
Good idea but I'd be be a bit worried we'd end up with something like this

james cordens looking well

madhair60

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 07, 2020, 02:00:04 AM
The first one wasn't actually that bad. Despite Corden's best efforts, and thanks mostly to Domhall Gleason. In fact he delivers a line in it that made me laugh more than any comedy film I saw last year.

What's the line, I'm not watching that cancer

Quote from: madhair60 on March 08, 2020, 10:55:09 AM

Gleeson's McGregor finds Peter Rabbit eating one of his prize-winning carrots the day before the vegetable festival and says "How the fuck did you ever break America, you talentless sack of shit?"

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 07, 2020, 02:00:04 AM
The first one wasn't actually that bad.

Oh, it was. It's really fucking horrible. Something so smug about it (apart from James Corden). The humour is desperate to appeal to both kids and adults but it ends up in a weird purgatory where it's desperately unfunny but simultaneously thrilled with itself for all of it's shitty meta jokes. My son loves it (he's 27 etc) so I've had to watch it dozens of times. I was so thrilled when it came off Now Movies but a few days later it arrived on Netflix :(

Crabwalk

Quote from: madhair60 on March 08, 2020, 10:55:09 AM

Sometimes it is necessary to get cancer.

Crabwalk

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 08, 2020, 11:22:54 AM
Oh, it was. It's really fucking horrible.

It is bad but I was expecting it to be entirely mirth-free, whereas it has a few good lines (and one excellent one). That's what I meant when saying it's not that bad.

It has also got Sam Neil doing his Norn Iron accent again, which is always fun (until he dies brutally of a heart attack early on).

madhair60

Crabwalk

Crabwalk

Mister Six

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 09, 2020, 08:30:29 AM
https://youtu.be/4jzTHT6SZQI

What was the good bit? The final line?

There were a few moments in there that were almost funny but it all felt very cold, stiff and distanced for some reason. I think you're suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Crabwalk

Yeah, the final line. Caught me totally off guard when I was half watching the film when some kids in the room put it on a few weeks back. When I found the clip on youtube this morning it still made me lol.

Domhall is good value throughout, and has the good sense to spend most of the film trying to kill Cunto Rabbit.

Blinder Data

I hope they double down on the controversial "throw berries at the bad person who's allergic to berries" plot point. Sod those PC haters! Get the little rascals to blackmail the farmer with Photoshopped pics of him doing it with animals.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Crabwalk on March 09, 2020, 10:01:30 PM
Domhall is good value throughout, and has the good sense to spend most of the film trying to kill Cunto Rabbit.

I agree, and it was refreshing that the film actually sided with him most of the time and made his increasing frustration and bewilderment a point of audience sympathy (although the target audience - kids - obviously wouldn't have spotted that or be thinking like that).

I'm no Corden lover (I didn't even like Gavin and Stacey), but it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be, and there were a few things in there - like the massively over enthusiastic cockerel - that made me genuinely LOL and even rewind and watch again.  Gleeson displays good comic timing (when he considers asking Rose Byrne to marry him was a well observed little bit of physical business I thought), which makes me question once again why he's so fucking awful in the Star Wars films.

Having said all that, I won't be watching it ever again, and the only way I'll be seeing the sequel is if/when little Nose wants to see it.

Bad Ambassador

Postponed to 7 August due to Peter Coronavirus.

Chollis

hope Mr. McGregor catches him and unloads several shotgun rounds into his stupid fat face

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Chollis on March 10, 2020, 04:01:59 PM
hope Mr. McGregor catches him and unloads several shotgun rounds into his stupid fat face

Not gonna happen - Mr McGregor dies at the beginning of the first one.

Spoiler.

dissolute ocelot

After playing a rabbit, a cat, a mouse, a yeti, a troll, and an emoji, what non-human thing should James Corden play next? Platypus? Coronavirus? Some kind of sentient cow pie in the Desperate Dan Movie? The title character in The Mount St Helens Story? Moss?

Gulftastic

I have a horrible dread that they'll do a Bagpuss movie, and the cunt will play the saggy old cloth cat. He'll be a wise cracking puss with a gang of lively characters.

Dewt

Is Harrods fine with being shown to have a promotional structure based on nepotism?

Sin Agog

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 16, 2020, 07:10:11 PM
I have a horrible dread that they'll do a Bagpuss movie, and the cunt will play the saggy old cloth cat. He'll be a wise cracking puss with a gang of lively characters.

Starring Ariana Grande as Emily.

BritishHobo

I would like to add my support for that last line in the video being a cracking gag. Come on. That's a lovely daft subversion.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 16, 2020, 07:10:11 PM
god i can just picture a super-clean CG bagpuss doing kung fu moves and then falling over and farting and i want to die