Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:46:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Platform

Started by Head Gardener, March 06, 2020, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

yummy new Netflix movie in a few weeks : trailer

beanheadmcginty

Just watching it now. You certainly couldn't accuse it of being subtle. Enjoying it though. Impressed how they've managed to dub it so well that for the first hour I just thought my soundbar had gone slightly out of sync (as it randomly does late at night).

MidnightShambler

I thought this was really good. Its not as intelligent as it thinks it is, the central point about the class system is pretty on the nose but  visually its excellent and the performances are good too.

Despite all the gore, the the only thing i found offputting was watching (and hearing) the little old fella eat. And i don't suffer from misophonia usually. I think it just reminded me of Gwildor eating the bucket of chicken in the He-Man film. Put me right off.

Poobum

I was trying to work out if asking Goreng what his favourite was, was a little clue on how the system is supposed to work. He said snails in garlic, and their were snails in garlic on the platform. So is everyone's favourite on the platform? Is there room for
Spoiler alert
[close]
dishes.

Head Gardener

watched it this afternoon, reminded me of The Cube in places and overall was pretty good, gruesome fun, my missus wouldn't like it though

SteveDave

The woman looked a lot like Karen Black.

Head Gardener

I chanced upon this short film Next Floor from a few years ago by Denis Villeneuve which The Platform owes no small debt