Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,475
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Mega Mix (Switch)

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, March 07, 2020, 07:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

I like how tight the rhythm component of this is. Probably the most connected to the beat I've felt in any rhythm game.

Bosto what are you using for video capture? Also am I missing an audio latency setting in this?

Abnormal Palm

It's very snappy, yeah. Again, I know I mention it every other single post but Groove Coaster is the most rhythmically connected game I've played, to use that expression, because of the combination of holding, pressing in different directions, waggling and so on.

I think I said somewhere (probably even the OP) that Hatsune Miku is like you're in sync with the vocals, Groove Coaster is with the backing track.

For capture, I'm using one of these:

https://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hdpvrpro60.html

This lets you capture straight to Micro SD (or via computer, obviously) and has 4K 60 HDR pass through with no latency. I tried and returned a couple of more expensive devices which didn't work as well. This works with everything from the Wii to the One X.

Not sure about the latency options in Hatsune because my menus are all in Jap, but I've never needed to tweak anything.

madhair60

There's an option in the menu for lag adjustment, which is something I've never seen before in a music game.

I'm overjoyed with this, and have resolved not to do any more "bits", unless I think of a funny enough one

Consignia

Played the demo of this yesterday. As long time fan of the series, it left me seriously cold.

The first two things left a poor impression aren't really the games fault but still were negative none the less. First, the default lag when playing on Joycons and docked was seriously painful; that was my fault for not calibrating it. The second was the default button markers really went against my muscle memory; I kept losing where X was. Again, my fault I'm used to the Playstation button layout and should have switched to that.

I also wasn't really enamoured by the demo's song choices either. I guess just a bit fautigued with series after 3 PSP games (which looked excellent for the hardware), 3 Vita games (4 if you count Miracle Girls Festival, which wasn't Vocaloid songs, but still), 2 PS3 games, 2 3DS games, 1 iOS oddity and caning the arcade version with yen everytime I was in one. I guess I'm kinda done with it. Shame as I was looking forward to it after it's announcement.

Dewt

Dewt

brat-sampson

Yeah, Intense Voice is almost a joke. That final stretch has like 100 notes in it. It's the Fire and Flames of Miku, but probably harder.

Dewt

bakabaka

Life was so much simpler when my last memory of Hatsune Miku was from 15 years ago when my kids were programming her to sing 500 Miles and similar. The knowledge that she is a superstar with games, hit singles, tours, etc. is only mitigated by the fact that the latest tour has been cancelled due to the virus despite there being absolutely no reason not to just 'live'stream it.

Abnormal Palm

Might just make an Oscillations thread for this quality shit

Dewt

I'm disappointed that I can't find any evidence of somebody using the Hatusune vocaloid to recreate this.

Eyyyy just a quick shout to say cheers for recommending this, I absolutely love it!

Current proudest achievement is 86.26%ing 'Alien Alien' on hard; hitting those handclaps is maybe the most joyous video game experience I've had this year.

I can tell rona shit is playing havoc with my head at the minute too, as I seriously got a bit emotional playing 'Rolling Girl' and 'Palette' even though the latter objectively sounds like Linkin Park and the former is a song about topping yourself sang by a 16 year old anime girl. Baka desu!

madhair60

Quote from: madhair60 on May 27, 2020, 09:28:35 PM
alien, watashi alien

hikiau kokoro wa nogare HOW WAS THAT NOT A 'COOL' BASTARD DOG GAME

Looked up the English lyrics, lots of talk of throbbing. Am I being groomed?

Dewt

Thursday

I hate to to do this in the current climate, but I'm calling the police on all of you.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Give them half an hour to burn the hard drive at least.