Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wearing a face mask in public

Started by Prison Biscuits, March 08, 2020, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Travez

Quote from: Buelligan on March 08, 2020, 10:36:34 AM
I'm not sure I entirely agree, Z.  I'm pretty sure what I have is the dreaded. 

Sorry to hear it, sounds like nasty one. Hope it leaves soon

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bazooka on March 08, 2020, 02:00:47 PM
Beards are often considered dirty and unprofessional in China and S. Korea, I assume the same in Japan but I've not lived there.
hayao miyazaki?

BEARD!!!!

gib

Wore a mask for serving* customers today, mask day one. I reckon even a few days ago it would have gotten a few comments, but now quite a few of the customers are wearing them anyway.

*converted the shop doorway to a screened serving hatch a week ago using bits and pieces and some donated florist's polythene

Uncle TechTip

I've got an FFP2 dust mask which i understand is as ineffective as they get, but i can't wait til we get to the point we are forced to wear them, I'll be striding around in that taking the piss like a right lad. Gonna paint an A on it and go full boiler suit. Top one, nice one etc.

I'm assuming that they are sold out everywhere, surely the regular pleb can't get hold of them now unless stupid money?

gib

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 30, 2020, 11:01:56 PMI'm assuming that they are sold out everywhere, surely the regular pleb can't get hold of them now unless stupid money?

I imagine so, mine's just a dust mask too - we got a pack of 3 weeks ago and even that was a struggle.

AlanB

All the research is that masks help avoid getting the virus and spreading it, especially since you could be an asymptomatic carrier. Even loose surgical style masks help somewhat. The UK and US advice not to bother is contrary to advice from Asian countries (y'know, the ones actually controlling the outbreak, and with experience of similar outbreaks in the past). Probably to keep as many as possible for health workers, but fuck 'em, get yours.