Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the best dogfood

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, March 10, 2020, 05:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheffield Wednesday

The smart money is going to be on dogfood very soon, by the way. Don't spread it around but you can get about four times as much dogfood as you can food for your money. Why hoard mince when you can have an equally nice dinner made with four times as much dogfood?

When most people are living off plain pasta and Farleys rusks, I'll be tucking into a delicious dish that I like to call 'chum bolognese'. All ends up in the same place and with a couple of extra bay leaves you're laughing.

Call me any name under the sun but I've got about forty tubs of chum bol in the deep freezer ready to be defrosted whenever I fancy a piping hot meal.

Anyone else got any good dogfood recipes?

Non-proprietary Spam replicas can be as cheap as £1.15 for two days' worth of protein. A tin of this one day, a half a Guinness the next, a carrot or a bee on the third day, and you could live on next to nothing until the end of time.

thenoise

According to my parents' dogs, it's Chappie. And they've eaten a lot more dog food than I have, so they oughtta know.

2 golden retrievers btw with notoriously dicky tummies. My parents keep trying to give them posh stuff in little trays, but they just want Chappie.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: thenoise on March 10, 2020, 05:30:47 PM
According to my parents' dogs, it's Chappie. And they've eaten a lot more dog food than I have, so they oughtta know.

2 golden retrievers btw with notoriously dicky tummies. My parents keep trying to give them posh stuff in little trays, but they just want Chappie.

Yeah, but most dogs are also quite happy eating their own shit when it takes their fancy, so I'm not sure they're the best yardstick. 

I did once start picking from a bowl of what I thought were Wheetos at a mate's house, only to be told that they were actually cat biscuits. 
1 - serves me right for helping myself without asking
2 - dry.  So very dry.

thenoise

Oh yes their second favourite food is - cowpats! They make a beeline across the field for a nice runny fresh one, finally catch up to them and their little forelegs are half buried while they greedily lap down as much of that delicious plop as they can manage before we catch up with them, great big (shit eating) grins across their faces. It's absolutely heartwarming and well worth the half hour clean up per dog.

When I was working at Alldays convenience store, I liked to bounce those big Webbox sausages about when I was stacking the pet food shelves. Fuck knows if they taste any good, but I had my fun.

Marner and Me

I have once eaten a dog food sandwich, not unsure on flavour or brand, basically pate.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

To answer the question, Eukanuba. It's kept my dog healthy over the years, so get it down your neck you melt.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 10, 2020, 05:25:50 PM
The smart money is going to be on dogfood very soon, by the way. Don't spread it around but you can get about four times as much dogfood as you can food for your money. Why hoard mince when you can have an equally nice dinner made with four times as much dogfood?

I choose to believe that this is the official CaB account of Sheffield Wednesday.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dog food is also considerably cheaper than other items it can substitute for. Pencils, fleshlights, cousins, book sleeves, bubble bath, pregnancy testing kits, duvets, long jump board strips, Halifax.

Apply liberally.

Jittlebags

You are saying this, but although pasta, bum wad, Fray Bentos pies and antiviral wipes are long gone, Spam, and bizarrely Gnocci are freely available.

Sheffield Wednesday

Nice one. If I blend the SPAM and gnocchi, it would be like an 'elevated' Pink Panther.

idunnosomename

Kibbles are the way forward now. Start your day pouring yourself a bowl of Lily's Kitchen chicken and duck. Then maybe a rawhide chew when you come back from your walk, and then same for dinner

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Gnocchi scares Brexiteers, they haven't got a clue what it is and won't listen if you tell them.

My colleague from Canvey Island who infamously said 'we are Great Britain, but we could be Greater Britain' reckons anything that isn't meat and two veg in gravy isn't proper food. He wouldn't stand for any of this Gnocchi business. He regards anything outside his slat of gastronomical daylight, word for word, as 'not proper food'.

This is the exact species of biowaste that has been panic buying at supermarkets.

Whenever I want to find out what the next mass mistake made by humanity is, I ask what he is thinking about.

Consuming dog food would be a step up for him.

idunnosomename

brown sauce can make anything into food

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Barry Admin

I know what I want for dinner now:

You have to spoon it out of the tin in one big thick, congealed lump. Fucking gorgeous it is.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 11, 2020, 12:39:23 PM
What about fire
you never see fire swallowers anymore. whats that all about

Pingers

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 11, 2020, 12:21:48 PM
Gnocchi scares Brexiteers, they haven't got a clue what it is and won't listen if you tell them.

My colleague from Canvey Island who infamously said 'we are Great Britain, but we could be Greater Britain' reckons anything that isn't meat and two veg in gravy isn't proper food. He wouldn't stand for any of this Gnocchi business. He regards anything outside his slat of gastronomical daylight, word for word, as 'not proper food'.

This is the exact species of biowaste that has been panic buying at supermarkets.

Whenever I want to find out what the next mass mistake made by humanity is, I ask what he is thinking about.

Consuming dog food would be a step up for him.

If your fellow labour unit is from Canvey Island, it should have a tag just below its left armpit. Call the number on there and someone should come and get it. They're used to an island topography where it's hard to get very lost, but if any make it off then they can't find their way back. Tell you what, they never managed to escape until G4S took over.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 11, 2020, 01:16:32 PM
I know what I want for dinner now:

You have to spoon it out of the tin in one big thick, congealed lump. Fucking gorgeous it is.

Couple of tins of them in a baking dish with a bit of jus-rol placed over the top = lazy pie

Dex Sawash

Really should have processed that cat-killed meat for later.

Chedney Honks

Fuck I need to to take all that chum bol out the freezer.

Virtually no memory of starting this thread.