Author Topic: The Hunt  (Read 1360 times)

The Hunt
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »
Saw a preview of this tonight. Knew nothing about it and enjoyed it very much. Nice and violent (fun silly violence) and manages to steer itself around clichés when you think they're going to happen. It's definitely going to cause a ruckus on the social medias though as there's some extremely cartoonish satire of right and left that only people on Twitter could take seriously.

chveik

• JAZZ SNOB EAT SHIT
Re: The Hunt
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:35 AM »
I'm looking forward to it, mostly because Lindelof wrote it.

It's definitely going to cause a ruckus on the social medias though as there's some extremely cartoonish satire of right and left that only people on Twitter could take seriously.

it already has.

from wikipedia

Prior to the film's initial shelving, the film attracted criticism from some of the media as an alleged portrayal of liberal elitists hunting supporters of Donald Trump.[22][29] Trump issued a tweet on August 9, 2019, calling "Liberal Hollywood" "[r]acist at the highest level" and writing: "The movie coming out is made in order to inflame and cause chaos", adding "They create their own violence, and then try to blame others". Although Trump did not specify the name of the film, news vehicles believed that was most likely a reference to The Hunt.[29][30][31] Some commentators, such as columnists for The Atlantic and The National Review, argued that the film actually had a right-wing, anti-liberal tone that was misinterpreted by conservative critics of the film.[26]

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:45:02 AM »
If you want to see an excellent film called "The Hunt", watch this one from 2012 instead.  Mads Mikkelsen, IMDB 8.3.

Mister Six

• Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 12:11:44 AM »
Aye the Mikkelsen one is ace, but this looks fun all the same.

Space ghost

• The manay, joost the manay
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 09:25:02 PM »
If you want to see an excellent film called "The Hunt", watch this one from 2012 instead.  Mads Mikkelsen, IMDB 8.3.

It is brilliant. I was hoping this thread was about it.

Also I fixed your link this one from 2012

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upph√§ngningspunkterna
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
I saw The Hunter with Dafoe in it. Can't remember if it is any good, seems maybe not.

Twit 2

• Fuck me, Graham!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 10:01:16 PM »
The Cunt

Tags: