Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Hunt

Started by beanheadmcginty, March 11, 2020, 12:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

Saw a preview of this tonight. Knew nothing about it and enjoyed it very much. Nice and violent (fun silly violence) and manages to steer itself around clichés when you think they're going to happen. It's definitely going to cause a ruckus on the social medias though as there's some extremely cartoonish satire of right and left that only people on Twitter could take seriously.

chveik

I'm looking forward to it, mostly because Lindelof wrote it.

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 11, 2020, 12:49:14 AM
It's definitely going to cause a ruckus on the social medias though as there's some extremely cartoonish satire of right and left that only people on Twitter could take seriously.

it already has.

from wikipedia

QuotePrior to the film's initial shelving, the film attracted criticism from some of the media as an alleged portrayal of liberal elitists hunting supporters of Donald Trump.[22][29] Trump issued a tweet on August 9, 2019, calling "Liberal Hollywood" "[r]acist at the highest level" and writing: "The movie coming out is made in order to inflame and cause chaos", adding "They create their own violence, and then try to blame others". Although Trump did not specify the name of the film, news vehicles believed that was most likely a reference to The Hunt.[29][30][31] Some commentators, such as columnists for The Atlantic and The National Review, argued that the film actually had a right-wing, anti-liberal tone that was misinterpreted by conservative critics of the film.[26]

gepree

If you want to see an excellent film called "The Hunt", watch this one from 2012 instead.  Mads Mikkelsen, IMDB 8.3.

Mister Six

Aye the Mikkelsen one is ace, but this looks fun all the same.

Space ghost

Quote from: gepree on March 11, 2020, 07:45:02 AM
If you want to see an excellent film called "The Hunt", watch this one from 2012 instead.  Mads Mikkelsen, IMDB 8.3.

It is brilliant. I was hoping this thread was about it.

Also I fixed your link this one from 2012

Dex Sawash

I saw The Hunter with Dafoe in it. Can't remember if it is any good, seems maybe not.

Twit 2

Watched today.

Really enjoyed the opening -
Spoiler alert
burned through three 'likely' protagonists before settling on the actual one
[close]

Solid film.