Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh you're all definitely getting the 'vid.

Started by Fry, March 13, 2020, 08:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

What events or practices have you seen recently that made you think 'oh we're all getting the virus."?

I came into work today. A job where, every morning, people sit at a different desk and use different headsets and keyboards. On a big table in the middle were loads of open packets of Doritos and cakes and sweets and shit left over from yesterday. People were apparently going up and grabbing handfuls of snacks and sharing them and shit (I didn't see this i had the day off). During a global pandemic. 30 people eating from the same open bag of doritos. Fucked mate.

How about you lot?

C_Larence

My dad using the tv remote to cover his mouth when he coughed.

Buelligan

I've been indoors for two weeks.  Outside is silent.  I heard two cars yesterday.  I think it was yesterday.

Inspector Norse

If I don't have any meetings or anything, I can sit and work in any one of about a dozen places around town. Chose one of our sister departments' premises this morning and sat with a colleague who often lets us share her office, only for her to inform us that she'd had to wipe down the whole room after another colleague sat there yesterday coughing all day saying she was sure it was nothing and she didn't need to go home even though she apparently has a second job where someone's been diagnosed with the coronavirus.

We're waiting for head office to give local bosses the directive to send staff home. As I am in middle management I might also get this power. I am really excited and also slightly worried that I might abuse it.

machotrouts

Hoped this would be an OnlyFans thread. Better luck next time

Spoon of Ploff

Remember doing history at school and looking at copies of those Bill of Mortality documents from 1665..? A-and after checking out that the plague had accounted to thousands of deaths in a week, everyone would laugh at the one fella who's cause of death was Lethargy? Yeah.... reckon that'll be me this time.

shiftwork2

Awareness of how much I apparently touch my face.  I have discovered my vector.  Try to stop and the next minute I've tapped a pen against my teeth, touched my temple and rubbed my eye.  It's going in that way and it knows it the bastard.

hamfist

I was supposed to be going to a meeting in Zurich, followed by another in Como next week, then I was going to stay in Zurich over the weekend. Cancelled.

Blue Jam

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 13, 2020, 10:06:52 AM
Awareness of how much I apparently touch my face.  I have discovered my vector.  Try to stop and the next minute I've tapped a pen against my teeth, touched my temple and rubbed my eye.  It's going in that way and it knows it the bastard.

I was in a seminar yesterday when I suddenly became aware that I was touching my face. I then looked round the lecture theatre to see how many other people were doing the same and over the space of a few minutes it was probably about half the attendees.

It is impossible to stop touching one's face. We're all gonna die.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Maybe every time you feel like you want to touch your face, touch someone else's face instead. Tickle their ear lobe or slowly slide your pinky into that greasy bit of your ace next to the nostril.

Sebastian Cobb

Kryton

Work are giving me no answers to my concerns. Might just fucking have a week off.

Cuellar

Buelligan

Quote from: Kryton on March 13, 2020, 10:37:08 AM
Work are giving me no answers to my concerns. Might just fucking have a week off.

Depends what the questions are, if they're questions like what am I supposed to do without hand sanitiser and are there special protocols for dealing with clients who may be infected, I think they should have answers but at the end of the day, if you're caring for the vulnerable and you're the last line of defence, I suppose, the "right" thing to do is to keep caring for them the best way you can and pray.  Fuck the bosses though.

One brightish thing seems to be that babies and young children appear to become less ill with this thing, so hopefully, your little boy will be OK.  I very much hope that.

Kryton

Yep pretty much the questions I'm asking. Feels like they're not taking it seriously.
Was just watching something on the BBC at care homes and such, advising to cut back on visitors and such.

My boy, fingers crossed seems fine, bouncing and being a short bundle of energy.

As for the last line of defence, I get that - but I feel like I'm gambling my own health and my clients health.

Crazy times.

poo

do you think burying your face in someone's arse cleft and snogging the living fuck out of it is a transmission risk?

Buelligan

Crazy times indeed.  Fuck knows what the answer is, my go-to when I'm in doubt is hold fast to that which is good and let the cards fall where they will. I don't know what else to say.  Or maybe do what poo suggests.  Could work.

Icehaven

Came into work this morning and there was an officer stationed in the entrance directing everyone into a side room with sinks and handwash, so we have to wash our hands before we go any further in now. I imagine that's going to be the case for the forseeable, which is fair enough as if it gets in it'll spread like mad. I still think it's inevitable though, there's just too much movement of people involved. 

Buelligan

On another positive note, if I was a criminal, right now, I'd be planning my worst outrage ever.  You could nick anything and get away with it.  Always see opportunity in adversity, that's what the borises chant.  Let's have some of theirs then.  And let it be mighty stuff.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on March 13, 2020, 11:09:09 AM
On another positive note, if I was a criminal, right now, I'd be planning my worst outrage ever.  You could nick anything and get away with it.  Always see opportunity in adversity, that's what the borises chant.  Let's have some of theirs then.  And let it be mighty stuff.

I saw something worrying in a BBC article about an mp saying something about the importance of being able to create new laws after the cobra meeting, it's quite chilling thinking about what draconian stuff might be rammed through under the guise of national emergency.

They've been handed a way to crush protests for a start.

thenoise

Silly old lady in the local shop touching my baby's face and then trying to kiss him.  I know babies are supposed to be immune but ffs.

thenoise

Lady in the post office sneezes all over my parcel. It's going to Norway. 'Oh look I'm spreading th virus now, all the way to Norway, tee hee!'
Um, it isn't funny, cover for fucking mouth when you sneeze you degenerate.

alan nagsworth

I've been wanking off strangers on crowded tube trains all week and suddenly it dawned on me this morning that using hand sanitiser as lubrication probably isn't enough of a precautionary measure.

Chollis

Quote from: thenoise on March 13, 2020, 12:04:35 PM
Lady in the post office sneezes all over my parcel. It's going to Norway. 'Oh look I'm spreading th virus now, all the way to Norway, tee hee!'
Um, it isn't funny, cover for fucking mouth when you sneeze you degenerate.

what the fucking fuck

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 13, 2020, 12:08:14 PM
I've been wanking off strangers on crowded tube trains all week and suddenly it dawned on me this morning that using hand sanitiser as lubrication probably isn't enough of a precautionary measure.

Just sing Happy Birthday whilst you're doing it and you'll be fine.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: thenoise on March 13, 2020, 12:03:04 PM
Silly old lady in the local shop touching my baby's face and then trying to kiss him.  I know babies are supposed to be immune but ffs.

Cretinous old fucking cunt.

Non Stop Dancer

"I haven't got it cos if you can hold your breath for 10 seconds without coughing, apparently you're fine, and I lasted 11 seconds."

Hymenoptera

Every second cunt is coughing into the air, onto each other, onto me, or into their hands. In twent-ty-twent-ty, adults coughing directly into their hands before they push open doors or press stop buttons on the bus. Bloke on my train the other day was in his nose up to the second knuckle for an hour, digging for gold on the East Midlands line. I was moderately aware of people being gross but now it's overwhelming.

We're all fucked and frankly everyone but me (bastion of cleanliness and thoughtfulness) deserves it.

Non Stop Dancer

Let's not forget that the vast majority of people have practically zero concern for their health at the best of times - smoking, eating and drinking too much, no exercise whatsoever etc.