Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH THE SECOND

Started by weekender, March 13, 2020, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

Old thread nearly up to 100 pages now, consider me for moderator.

shiftwork2

Latest forecast revised now:

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 12, 2020, 04:49:35 PM
I don't have a crystal ball but I think we can all agree there'll be five 100 page threads on here by the end of April March.

weekender

Could achieve that aim by this time next week to be fair.

When did 'self-isolating' replace 'quarantine the fuckers'?

oy vey

Quote from: weekender on March 13, 2020, 08:17:22 PM

When did 'self-isolating' replace 'quarantine the fuckers'?

When rich people got infected.

shiftwork2

Quote from: weekender on March 13, 2020, 08:17:22 PM

We need to flatten the curve.  Could people post more slowly please?

oy vey

We're not counting quoters of quoters, people who say +1 and we have no figures on lurkers. It's a fucking mess to be honest.

bgmnts

Just ate some chinese food straight from a takeaway.

Not dead yet.

bomb_dog

oy vey

Anyone watching Trump's press conference? It's quite funny, allowing for the fact I'm pissed...

"Mr. President don't you think you should get tested given you've been in contact with an infected individual?"

"Well... I will get tested but not for that reason. For other reasons."

"When?"

"We're working out a schedule."

You have to be drunk but this shit-show growing on me.

p.s. The U.S. is toast.

weekender

Quote from: oy vey on March 13, 2020, 08:24:11 PM
We're not counting quoters of quoters, people who say +1 and we have no figures on lurkers. It's a fucking mess to be honest.

Ambient Sheep has a spreadsheet of this sort of thing, I might be able to get a copy.

purlieu

Really quite staggering that Glastonbury announced the line-up today. Like that'll actually be going ahead.

madhair60

da da DA da da DA dda da
da da DA da DA DA dA
da ssda da d aDA DA D da da
CORONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pseudopath

Quote from: madhair60 on March 13, 2020, 08:52:22 PM
da da DA da da DA dda da
da da DA da DA DA dA
da ssda da d aDA DA D da da
CORONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that supposed to be My Sharona?

madhair60

Mango Chimes

Anybody got any virus?

I just watched the full press conference with Johnson and the Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer. They explain the timing thing quite convincingly, I thought. And explain why even isolation as a general piece of advice for generally vulnerable people hasn't been universally advised yet. I didn't get much of a sense that Johnson was doing much himself other than passing questions to them and taking their lead. When a question about something explicitly Government policy came up (around sick pay) he shat himself.

Sheffield Wednesday

I thought I was developing eczema but no, just from washing my fucking hands. In not leaving the house til Autumn.

Bently Sheds

Went to the nearest big town today, the usually packed train was empty and the shopping centre was very low on shoppers, like 9am on a slow day empty. In the taxi on the way back home, the driver was on speakerphone to his mate who was informing him of current affairs:
"Yeah, man. You going to London tomorrow? Don't, man. That's where the most virus is. Get down Lidls, seriously. Stock up on rice, pasta, them tinned tomatoes yeah? Great in a curry, man. Listen you gotta stock up, innit? Things are gonna go bad and people ain't ready. You've gotta be ready, man."

After he handed my change over and we got out of the taxi he started coughing.
I have already died of the Coroner, which is handy as work have told us all to work from home next week.

jobotic

Quote from: purlieu on March 13, 2020, 08:44:44 PM
Really quite staggering that Glastonbury announced the line-up today. Like that'll actually be going ahead.

It's bizarre. If they sell it out and then they have to refund everyone do the sellers keep their booking fees?

oy vey

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 13, 2020, 08:56:48 PM
I thought I was developing eczema but no, just from washing my fucking hands. In not leaving the house til Autumn.

It's an OCD sufferer's wet dream. Trained up.

jobotic

Remember, only get tested if you have the virus.

purlieu

Quote from: Bently Sheds on March 13, 2020, 08:58:56 PM
Went to the nearest big town today, the usually packed train was empty and the shopping centre was very low on shoppers, like 9am on a slow day empty.
I went to Asda today and it was busier than normal. Town yesterday was exactly like normal.
This fucking town.

Sheffield Wednesday

Just driven home through Lymm and some what looked like druids had built a wicker bat and filled it with Chinese looking people. Dunno if they reckon it'll do the trick or just a charity event but it certainly made me think.

weekender

Quote from: jobotic on March 13, 2020, 09:11:52 PM
Remember, only get tested if you have the virus.

I'd echo this, it helps with some numbers.

weekender

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 13, 2020, 09:39:24 PM
Just driven home through Lymm and some what looked like druids had built a wicker bat and filled it with Chinese looking people. Dunno if they reckon it'll do the trick or just a charity event but it certainly made me think.

What did it make you think?

poo

Bence Fekete

Russian intelligence should troll MI6 by leaking the new Bond movie early hardcoded in Russian.