Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:47:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH THE SECOND

Started by weekender, March 13, 2020, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 26, 2020, 09:01:43 AM
Anyone else standing on their doorstep tonight to give the NHS a round of applause? I can hear the clapping in Tory heartland already.

Christ, it's Brooms for London all over again, except more pointless

ollyboro

Anyone else standing on their doorstep tonight to give the NHS a round of applause? I can hear the clapping in Tory heartland already.

Nope. I'm gonna boo them.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kalowski on March 25, 2020, 09:12:36 PM
The brilliant David Spiegelhalter explained it quite simply. If you have Covid 19 your chance dying over the two week period is the same as it normally is of dying over a year.

Dying from what?

Cerys

hamfist

It would be like a tree falling in the forest for me. Do I make a clapping sound if nobody can hear it ?

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA 36-year-old man has been killed in a confrontation with FBI agents after allegedly planning to attack a hospital in Missouri with a vehicle bomb.

Timothy Wilson was a "potentially violent extremist" with a record of expressing racial and religious hatred and anti-government sentiment, the FBI said.

He considered several targets, including a school with a large population of black students, a synagogue and a mosque, NBC News reports, quoting FBI officials.

He finally settled on a hospital to cause "maximum casualties", given "the current health crisis", the FBI said. He took "the necessary steps to acquire materials needed to build an explosive device".

Wilson, who was armed, was fatally wounded when FBI agents tried to arrest him on Tuesday in the Missouri town of Belton as he arrived to pick up what he thought was a "vehicle-borne improvised explosive device". "There was no actual bomb," the FBI added

The alleged bomb plotter was "apparently frustrated with local government action to stop the spread of coronavirus", according to NBC News...

Glad Timothy Wilson is dead, to be honest. He sounds vile.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

As the needle exchanges are closed messages are going around to those registered to not use dirty needles under any circumstances but instead take the drugs anally.

Literally commanding people to shove them up their arse.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 26, 2020, 10:55:14 AM
Glad Timothy Wilson is dead, to be honest. He sounds vile.

Sounds a bit like a The Day Shall Come scenario to me.

Bleeding Kansas

massive bereavement

Went for a walk this morning, the main road on the edge of town was very quiet, saw a few dog walkers and wondered if dogs suspect something is not right. The birds must have noticed that the humans have gone a bit quiet. Cats, as usual, couldn't give a shit.

idunnosomename

I just saw a squirrel while putting the bins out and it seemed very jumpy.

Butchers Blind

This will be one of those self-congratulatory things. People will fill up their social media with videos of themselves clapping to their own ego.

pigamus

Like the thing I retweeted yesterday: "Just took some food round to my nan, realised I forgot to film it - fucking waste of time"

I will in a sense - as I work for the NHS (non-clinical but in a hospital) I plan to congratulate myself. That is to say, I'll be having yet another wank.

Hopefully being on the doorstep will add a certain something.

Mister Six

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 25, 2020, 11:17:33 PM
Already in three week quarantine. Also Modi politically likes to shut things up to stop the political protests that were happening.

Already several weeks into infection, at least in Calcutta, according to a mate whose family live there. They have a ridiculously low case count, but that's because of a lack of testing and a large population of people who either don't know about the disease/containment methods, or just cannot afford to stop working or they'll starve, not because a country with a massive population count and ridiculously densely packed cities is mysteriously impervious to the disese. Gonna be grim there, sadly.

bgmnts

Saw a very young, healthy looking woman wearing a fucking mask earlier down town. We would have taken the piss out of an east asian prson wearing one only a few weeks ago.

Think people are loving this to be fair, why not. Bit of excitement in their shit, tedious lives. It's ike watching a horror film, all the thrill of being in danger without actually being endangered.

bgmnts

3 million more unemployed in the States??

Capitalism works!

chveik

bgmnts still doesn't understand what masks are for.

bgmnts

They're to make you look cool.

Amazing for keeping out dust as well. Got one off a nice chinese girl in Nepal. Lovely.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on March 26, 2020, 01:14:06 PM
They're to make you look cool.

Amazing for keeping out dust as well. Got one off a nice chinese girl in Nepal. Lovely.

what else did you get off her?

Buelligan

I'm saving my noise for Fart for Boris.

alan nagsworth

Oh I'll be clapping alright. Clapping my ARSE CHEEKS

Barry Admin

Can't get my fucking tramadol all week, absolute shambles, the withdrawal is a total fucker.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Fuuuuck, had that a few years ago I do not envy you there.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 26, 2020, 02:48:08 PM
Can't get my fucking tramadol all week, absolute shambles, the withdrawal is a total fucker.

Sorry to hear that, Baz. My partner is on Trammers for her slipped disc, it's rough stuff.

Attila

Dewt