Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH THE SECOND

Started by weekender, March 13, 2020, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

massive bereavement

just realised I'm not going to be invited to any more swingers' parties or to any of my cuckold friend's houses for up to 18 months. A lot of marriages are going to fall apart because of this.

Fambo Number Mive

I think the Lancet's Richard Horton sums things up well on tonight's QuestionTime, which actually looks like it's worth watching: https://mobile.twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1243283899008106497

Zetetic

Eviction action suspended in England and Wales. (Cases cannot now progress through the courts.)

Blue Jam

Anyone else noticed urban wildlife going radge of late? Presumably the animals are hungry due to lots of takeaways being shut and no-one going out and there being no food waste to litter or put in bins.

After seeing three seagulls fighting over some noodles the other day I went out yesterday and heard/saw a squirrel going mental in a near-empty bin, then saw a man sitting on a park bench feeding the pigeons and seagulls (nrrggghh) and drawing a massive flock of them all filling their boots like they'd never seen birdseed before.

Embra's urban foxes have been making some interesting/alarming noises too- not shagging, this sounds more like them aggressively screeching at each other. I assume they're fighting over what little food they can find. Lock up yer pets.

Now might be a good time to fill up your bird feeder if you're one of those nice people who look after wild birds. Just try not to feed the cuntbeaks.

idunnosomename

this is the rhythm of the death

of the death

oh yeah

the rhythm of the death

Blumf

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 27, 2020, 09:39:12 AM
Anyone else noticed urban wildlife going radge of late? Presumably the animals are hungry due to lots of takeaways being shut and no-one going out and there being no food waste to litter or put in bins.

Even before this Corona fad, we've been having problems with Magpies for the past few months. squawking all the time, pecking away at the pointing on the house. Never seen so many about. Put up some fat balls, and it seems to have calmed them down.

greencalx

JesusAndYourBush

buzby

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 27, 2020, 09:39:12 AM
The other morning there was a dreadful cacophony of cawing and chattering on my roof. I went into the back garden and there was a murder of about 15 carrion crows flockng round, attacking a similar-sized mischief of magpies. There were feathers flying everywhere, and one of the crows was holding magpie down by the neck in the gutter over my bedroom window, pecking at it's head. After about 5 minutes of battling, both sides retreated for a bit to nearby trees, then set about each other again until eventually the crows moved on. As you say, it's probably down to the lack of discarded food waste that they usually scavenge from to feed.

idunnosomename

Derbyshire police following people in tge peak district with drones and posting it on twitter is fucking mental

Fuck the police

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 27, 2020, 12:12:05 PM
Derbyshire police following people in tge peak district with drones and posting it on twitter is fucking mental

Fuck the police

Wonder how many people are being forced to work in factories and call centres with no protection.

steveh

Meanwhile in China...

QuoteRiot outbreaks on border bridge between Hubei and Jiangxi in China today.
the conflict starts due to police from different provinces fighting for jurisdiction on checking #COVID19
It escalates into mess riot which blocked whole bridge.

https://twitter.com/badiucao/status/1243483531247931392
https://twitter.com/WBYeats1865/status/1243467628980490240

Puce Moment

Quote from: jobotic on March 27, 2020, 01:00:19 PMWonder how many people are being forced to work in factories and call centres with no protection.

My next door neighbour is still working in a call centre. I think he volunteered because he doesn't give a shit about this virus.

From what I understand he works for a call centre that gets regular contracts. This month it is a firm of 'no win no fee' solicitors. Essential.

Fambo Number Mive

Gove is expected to take Johnson's place at the briefing today.

Thomas

Shit. Full lockdown at my house now. Domestic martial law, on my terms. No one allowed in the same room as the cat. Passing within a metre of his food bowl punishable by eviction.

(Technically, having him in the house is punishable by eviction, but our landlord is an uncontactable, unnamed overseas oligarch and has presumably already succumbed).

Twonty Gostelow

batwings

Blue Jam

Quote from: Thomas on March 27, 2020, 04:38:09 PM
Shit. Full lockdown at my house now. Domestic martial law, on my terms. No one allowed in the same room as the cat. Passing within a metre of his food bowl punishable by eviction.

(Technically, having him in the house is punishable by eviction, but our landlord is an uncontactable, unnamed overseas oligarch and has presumably already succumbed).

Evictions are suspended. Call your landlord and get Tiddles to meow down the phone.

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on March 27, 2020, 04:45:12 PM
Why would anyone be interested in that trifling detail?

The box is closed so the cat technically exists in a state of quantum, and that was too much to put in the caption under the photo.

bgmnts

Bought 4 cabbages at 17p a pop. Anyone have any good cabbage recipes?

BOILED CABBAGE

Ingredients

Cabbage
Water

Method

Peel leaves off of cabbage until all are loose and place in a colander and rinse with running water.

Place cabbage leaves in saucepan and top with water. Place on heat until water boils, reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender.

Serve.

imitationleather

If me going to Bang Face caused Queenie or Clive to develop 'vid I think I'd leap off the Tyne Bridge.

bgmnts

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 27, 2020, 05:19:42 PM
BOILED CABBAGE

Ingredients

Cabbage
Water

Method

Peel leaves off of cabbage until all are loose and place in a colander and rinse with running water.

Place cabbage leaves in saucepan and top with water. Place on heat until water boils, reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender.

Serve.

I'm not a Russian serf.

Dex Sawash

Jasha

Pob's face when Andrew Woodcock asked about the reduction in critical care beds over the last 10 years