Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:08:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH THE SECOND

Started by weekender, March 13, 2020, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on April 03, 2020, 05:29:37 PM
Don't tell me it won't be the same when they open the Welsh one, invoking the spirit of Bevin etc

Not the hospital photo-op; the continuing attempted sabotage of the other nations (and funnelling cash into the private sector while they're at it).

QDRPHNC

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 03, 2020, 05:32:23 PM
Trudeau wouldn't release the projected numbers. Ford, the premier of Ontario, says he is going to release Ontario's projected numbers and they're "stark". Press conference due to start soon.

Projection of deaths by Public Health Ontario - over the full course of the pandemic (18 months to 2 years) - is up to 15,000, "if we do all that we can."

Didn't know the president of Public Health Ontario is Scottish. Massive pandemic death numbers sound much nicer with a lovely Scottish accent.

Jasha

Only one person who loves a pillah more than Hancock

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 03, 2020, 05:52:47 PM
Projection of deaths by Public Health Ontario - over the full course of the pandemic (18 months to 2 years) - is up to 15,000, "if we do all that we can."

Didn't know the president of Public Health Ontario is Scottish. Massive pandemic death numbers sound much nicer with a lovely Scottish accent.

Wonder how my former supervisor is feeling now...fucking right wing loons

idunnosomename

hate this shit now. feel someone's gonna punch me if i pass them on a footpath that's too narrow. so much for blitz spirit. everyone's scared of each other. DID YOU CLAP FOR THE NHS MATE??!?!? YOU FUCKIN TRAITOR

olliebean

Did anyone actually get that letter that Boris Johnson was supposedly sending us all? Because it just occurred to me, I never did.

imitationleather

Quote from: olliebean on April 03, 2020, 06:18:04 PM
Did anyone actually get that letter that Boris Johnson was supposedly sending us all? Because it just occurred to me, I never did.

He's been to poorly to go to the postbox.

idunnosomename

forgot to put a stamp on lol bozza what are you like

Wasn't allowed to lick the envelopes. But good lord that didn't stop him trying.

BlodwynPig

All posties contracted botulism and never made it to our letterboxes

weekender

THEY'RE ALL MORPHING INTO ONE LONDON COCKNEY MONSTROSITY, WHAT DOES THIS VIRUS ACTUALLY DO?????

massive bereavement

Quote from: olliebean on April 03, 2020, 06:18:04 PM

No. I was going to keep it as a souvenir to pass on to one of the kids. Still got my millennium bug leaflet and one about analogue TV being switched off. If this letter doesn't arrive my collection is ruined.

idunnosomename

i feel this STAY AT HOME SAVE LIVES profile pic preaching favours lazy people who love to sit on their fat fucking arse all day. not us intelligentsia who wish fulfill our potential as society's flâneur.

FUCK MY BOLLLOCKS IM GONIGNG BONKERS

Funcrusher

My latest news from the frontline of Covid-19 aka working on the shopfloor in a food store. On the day after Boris' big u-turn briefing the store was eerily empty, and since then we've remained very quiet, although becoming slightly busier but still way less than normal. Today seemed to be very different, When I arrived at 1pm the store was very busy, almost like a typical Friday. We have been having to do a bit of queueing in the mornings, but it's usually mostly done with by the time I arrive at 1. Today I had to do queue managing for an hour to keep the number of customers in store to a limit of 30, which I've never had to do before. We've been running with just one checkout open but today we had two and sometimes three going. Over the last few days we've had a good haul of reduced items left over at closing time for staff to pick over but today there wasn't much left.

This could just be a one off, but it felt to me like maybe Joe Public has decided that after a week or so of this lockdown malarky that they feel that's enough and they want to start going out again.

weekender

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 03, 2020, 08:53:34 PMflâneur.

Only my mother would be bothered enough with that level of French punctuation.

Oh fuck.

idunnosomename

thats not punctuation its a diacritical mark you cunt

Ferris

^people keep ending work calls and emails with "stay safe".

What the fuck is that.

Danger Man

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 03, 2020, 10:35:03 PM
This could just be a one off, but it felt to me like maybe Joe Public has decided that after a week or so of this lockdown malarky that they feel that's enough and they want to start going out again.

Not in Nottingham. City center deserted but loads of police about. Nottingham police usually spend their time enforcing pronouns but this virus has left them with nothing to do so they seem to be driving their cars down alleyways looking for speakeasys that don't exist.

idunnosomename

hope you do not die, best wishes, many thanks, love, sex, ecstacy and alcohol

paruses

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 03, 2020, 11:11:56 PM

What the fuck is that.

I've noticed this. Several people have said it too when I've met them out walking our respective dogs.

Until about 30 seconds ago I had convinced myself it was a revival of Shaw Taylor's Police 5 sign-off but have been reminded that that was "keep 'em peeled!". Quite disappointed.

So, shitty meme, it is.

pigamus

Quote from: Funcrusher on April 03, 2020, 10:35:03 PM

Felt like this to me when I went to the Co-op today - twice as many people about. No bloke on the door letting people in one by one - do as you please.

Sebastian Cobb

What the fuck is that.

Tom Robinson has been ending his radio shows with this for years.

pancreas

Quote from: Zetetic on April 03, 2020, 05:38:17 PM
Not the hospital photo-op; the continuing attempted sabotage of the other nations (and funnelling cash into the private sector while they're at it).

It's not *my* fault. It's the TORIES.

olliebean

What the fuck is that.

I think I've said "stay well" a couple of times. But "stay safe" makes no sense. The opposite of "ill" isn't "safe."

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 04, 2020, 01:05:46 AM
Tom Robinson has been ending his radio shows with this for years.

"Stay safe....from all the muslim paedo gangs!!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Italy's Daily New Cases graph is now looking good.

Unless they dramatically change testing policy to skew the figures or there's a major infrastructure meltdown for some unforeseen reason, their peak day for this pandemic will most likely be March 21st.

Deaths have dropped to below 700 a day (this was the first day where the UK recorded more deaths than Italy).

It isn't a smooth consistent rise and fall so there will be some bumps, but definitely reaching a plateau and a fall coming. In 3 weeks I think they ought to be getting to a South Korea / China situation where they can tentatively start rebooting some parts of society.