Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:59:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sourced Coronavirus Information & Links

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, March 14, 2020, 09:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on March 15, 2020, 08:16:14 PM
has he claimed to? he's listening to experts
Don't ask me, ask Prof MacDonald. I was quoting him.

chveik

the worst thing about this epidemic is Bosto posting on cab again

Coronavirus is a scam made up by big toilet paper.

weekender

Quote from: Buelligan on March 15, 2020, 08:30:41 PM
If you're not interested in bickering with me, please stop talking about me.  Thanks.

I'm not interested in talking about you, but am interested in childishly bickering with you.

Hope this helps.

bgmnts

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on March 15, 2020, 08:24:27 PM
what use is that exactly? i could post a dozen links to experts with an opposing view - completely pointless exercise

Yes.

Yes it is.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: chveik on March 15, 2020, 09:13:49 PM

You were just like a kid so absorbed
In the goldfish scooping that your sleeves got wet.
Your innocent and joyful profile was very cute
But I never could say, "I like you".

:')

Danger Man

Quote from: chveik on March 15, 2020, 09:13:49 PM

At least he's trying 'sincere' for a bit.

After that he's got nothing left.

Danger Man

Well, he's always got that "I fooled the morons on here" smirk, I suppose, which needs him to forget he posts more than anybody else on here.

Twit 2

He's so mauve...we don't what he's planning!

bgmnts

Quote from: Danger Man on March 16, 2020, 12:18:56 AM
Well, he's always got that "I fooled the morons on here" smirk, I suppose, which needs him to forget he posts more than anybody else on here.

*ahem*

Johnny Yesno

Apologies if this has already been posted in one of the other threads:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

I'm not sure what to think of it. Many of the comments underneath are highly critical of the author's lack of relevant credentials. Nonetheless, the maths seems pretty compelling.

Sheffield Wednesday

Cheers, Johnny. That's definitely worth sharing and it gave me plenty to think about.

Generally, though, my conclusion is that for whatever reason, there's not as many people interested in discussing this here as I expected. Nevertheless, I hope my insights from Wuhan and call for greater urgency in the response don't seem too long ago already...News is promising from my mates over there that life goes on and once again approaches a semblance of normality. Try to remember things like that when the world seems to shrink over the next weeks and months.

At the same time, things will seem to have have changed pretty quickly for some people on here and we haven't even begun lockdown. Start to prepare yourself for what that entails, visualise what your days and nights will become, and how you can minimise being scared or angry and putting yourself and others at risk. Some of us will be playing Animal Crossing from Friday if you have a Switch, I'll be on CoD:WZ for XB peeps and GranBlue Fantasy Versus on PS4. I would also really recommend Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! and Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Mega Mix but whatever you do, take the time to switch off from all of this.

Data suggest that a fifth of the population is going to require hospital treatment due to coronavirus over the next ten to twelve months, and approximately five percent of those testing positive will die. Please try to put your grievances aside, remember what's important and take your foot off the gas. Some of you seem to find my presence stressful so out of respect for your immune systems, and I'm being serious, please save your breath, scroll past or use the ignore script. I'm not interested in arguing on here. Life has changed significantly for me over the last couple of months and while I understand some people holding onto the past, I hope you can let it go. How many heartbeats do you have left? Don't speed them up trying to get a reaction out of me.

If it ever all gets too much, take five and just listen to this:

https://youtu.be/VvSD1mC7tlE

All the best.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 15, 2020, 09:04:39 PM
I mentioned you on one single occasion because he has the same grievance as you and my response is the same. You won't get a reaction. Move on.

What, that you're a narcissistic arrogant insensitive fucking prick? 

I'm not looking for a reaction, btw, it was you who mentioned me.  Do you see? 

Sheffield Wednesday

As I say, I can't change your perspective or how you've learned to react but I can encourage you not to waste your time. TBC might have enjoyed living rent-free in the French countryside but those days are long gone for me. Take it easy and just keep scrolling.

Sheffield Wednesday

Here's a great link which offers considerable hope re: ventilators and 3D printing. It's actually been attempted out of desperation and it worked!

https://www.3dprintingmedia.network/covid-19-3d-printed-valve-for-reanimation-device/

Could be a significant development.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 16, 2020, 06:20:29 AM
As I say, I can't change your perspective or how you've learned to react but I can encourage you not to waste your time. TBC might have enjoyed living rent-free in the French countryside but those days are long gone for me. Take it easy and just keep scrolling.

I'm not asking for your help with anything.  I am just saying STOP MENTIONING ME IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO RESPOND.  Pretty simple, that.

Zetetic

Please don't post extremely misleading, at best, hospitalisation and mortality rates.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: Buelligan on March 16, 2020, 07:18:08 AM
I'm not asking for your help with anything.  I am just saying STOP MENTIONING ME IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO RESPOND.  Pretty simple, that.

As I say, I wasn't talking to you, I mentioned you once as an example of someone with similar issues in moving on so 'STOP MENTIONING ME' is an exaggeration. Just take the advice now, stop looking for a fight to validate your past grievances and stop replying. I'm sure you can understand the logic. Just stop and walk away.

Buelligan

I am not looking for a fight.  I am telling you, if you don't wish to "bicker" with me, your best course of action is to stop mentioning me.  I would have thought anybody would be able to grasp that.  So grasp it.

Sheffield Wednesday

I mentioned you once, so if you mean 'don't mention me again', then I will happily agree to that. 'Stop mentioning me' implies that it happened more than once which only seems to have happened in your head. Stop replying. There's nothing to fight about.

pancreas

Quote from: Zetetic on March 16, 2020, 07:21:39 AM
Please don't post extremely misleading, at best, hospitalisation and mortality rates.

Do you mean the medium article? Can you elaborate?

Zetetic

No, SW's.

Infection fatality rate still looks to be not much more than 1% at worst. Conformed-case fatality rate is extremely sensitive to a whole bunch of system/process stuff (who are you testing and when?).

(Excess mortality will be more than COVID-19 deaths, mind you.)

Hospitalisation for COVID-19 is unlikely to be more than 15% of the population, again at worst. (And not all at one time.)

Mango Chimes

Quote from: pancreas on March 16, 2020, 08:44:44 AM
Do you mean the medium article? Can you elaborate?

I do mean that one. I fucking hate that article and wish people would stop sharing it, with its "hey guys, this is what's going to happen and here's how you fix it" arrogance. Telling governments "here's what you need to do, and if not here's what will happen."

Nobody knows with that level of certainty. This is very early days. Putting some numbers into a graph and then continuing the line of that graph is barely GCSE level analysis.

And who is this cunt? An seasoned epidemiologist or viroligist who's spent years looking at relevant data, has done a thorough, peer-reviewed analysis with his team? No. He's a fucking Silicon Valley MBA thought-leader dickhead, who's done some Googling, made some pretty graphs, and written "Source: my own analysis" underneath them[nb]He's literally done this, with his name. Source: me. What the fuck.[/nb].

He's a brand-building wannabe Elon Musk and this is his stupid submarine.

bgmnts

6,526 deaths from 85, 924 closed cases! I hope that trend doesn't continue.

phantom_power

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 16, 2020, 08:00:25 AM
I mentioned you once, so if you mean 'don't mention me again', then I will happily agree to that. 'Stop mentioning me' implies that it happened more than once which only seems to have happened in your head. Stop replying. There's nothing to fight about.

No you hang up

Uncle TechTip

In amongst all this, we missed Paulie Walnuts trying to gather everyone round for a serious conversation. After everything he's subjected us to. Astounding self awareness. Still i think it puts paid the notion that he's a sock, otherwise why not hold your serious debate in the other profile?

Blue Jam