Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sourced Coronavirus Information & Links

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, March 14, 2020, 09:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I wish I could get the attention Boston Crab gets :(

Non Stop Dancer

Sheffield Wednesday

Trent, I'll say the same thing I said to Buelligan, I've no interest in bickering with you and I'm not interested or bothered by your opinion of me on any level. I hope now you've got that off your chest, though, you can start to play the ball rather than the man, and that you'll wind it down by several notches because your anger is obfuscating what you want to say.

I know I've used this place in the past as an outlet to blow off steam and indulge my whims, I bored myself doing it and decided to have a proper break and use that extra time doing stuff I'm not going to bang on about. If you're not going to get past previous disagreements, no worries at all, but I don't think you're a complete moron and you seem interested in discussing this on some rational level, so I've tried to engage with you pretty sincerely. If that's not possible for you, I can understand. That's absolutely fine. We're not friends, just discussing in the same thread.

In terms of 'weasel words' versus 'deliberately vague', that's a good example of your anger not allowing you to communicate in good faith or maybe a simple lack of understanding that a bulletpoint is concise by nature. My second statement was completely unnecessary for most people. Again, I'm not criticising you or your attempt to understand this, but I'm saying that it will be difficult for us to discuss any of this until you get past your personal grievances. If that's the case, I'll accept. It was a friendly gesture more than anything.

TrenterPercenter

Sheffield Wednesday

Sorry, I've got to go and cook now but it will give some time to cool down, anyway. Stay safe.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 15, 2020, 06:46:24 PM
Sorry, I've got to go and cook now but it will give some time to cool down, anyway. Stay safe.

Ok Bosto.  I will go and do some relaxation techniques in the bunker.

weekender

Is it me, or is wanking becoming more difficult?

kalowski

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 14, 2020, 01:07:31 PM
Good stuff, panc.

Interesting exploration/analysis of the UK gov approach here for Twitter people:

https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518371651649538?s=09

"Most encouraging, it's way too clever for #BorisJohnson to have had any role in developing"

Quote from: kalowski on March 15, 2020, 07:45:33 PM
it's way too clever for #BorisJohnson to have had any role in developing

has he claimed to? he's listening to experts

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on March 15, 2020, 08:16:14 PM
has he claimed to? he's listening to experts

So we haven't had enough of experts then?

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on March 15, 2020, 08:16:52 PM
So we haven't had enough of experts then?

hard to know what point you're making here - that talk of techocrats in relation to the EU is comparable to this in any way?

or that cummings and johnson are ignoring our medical experts?

grow up

Buelligan

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on March 15, 2020, 06:41:01 PM
Trent, I'll say the same thing I said to Buelligan, I've no interest in bickering with you and I'm not interested or bothered by your opinion of me on any level. I hope now you've got that off your chest, though, you can start to play the ball rather than the man, and that you'll wind it down by several notches because your anger is obfuscating what you want to say.

I know I've used this place in the past as an outlet to blow off steam and indulge my whims, I bored myself doing it and decided to have a proper break and use that extra time doing stuff I'm not going to bang on about. If you're not going to get past previous disagreements, no worries at all, but I don't think you're a complete moron and you seem interested in discussing this on some rational level, so I've tried to engage with you pretty sincerely. If that's not possible for you, I can understand. That's absolutely fine. We're not friends, just discussing in the same thread.

In terms of 'weasel words' versus 'deliberately vague', that's a good example of your anger not allowing you to communicate in good faith or maybe a simple lack of understanding that a bulletpoint is concise by nature. My second statement was completely unnecessary for most people. Again, I'm not criticising you or your attempt to understand this, but I'm saying that it will be difficult for us to discuss any of this until you get past your personal grievances. If that's the case, I'll accept. It was a friendly gesture more than anything.

If you're not interested in bickering with me, please stop talking about me.  Thanks.

question about the idea of allowing this virus to spread throughout the populace to build up immunity

if you remove the most vulnerable from society for several months, as is proposed, then the fatality rate drops to a miniscule percentage does it not? youngest fatality in the uk is currently 59, so if anyone at risk or over 70 is put into isolation, and everyone else who is incredibly unlikely to die from covid is allowed to go about life with some restrictions, doesn't that have some chance of success?

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 15, 2020, 04:59:47 PM
What makes you think Joe Rogan and Ham Sarris are scientists?

Has Ricky Gervais given us his opinion yet? He's an atheist so he must be clever.

I meant the scientists they were interviewing were scientists, not that Rogan and Harris are.

Zetetic

Thankfully people over 70, famously, are extremely compliant and don't need food, water, or health or personal care (other than treatment for COVID-19) and so isolating them for a few months should be extremely easy. See also how respiratory infections (other than COVID-19), urinary tract infections and skin infections are almost unheard of in this population.

chveik

I've read a lot about this stuff, I think I get it, more or less. there's nothing I can do about it atm, so I'm just going to watch classic eps of The Simpsons and wait for the clowne riots. stay strong everyone

and listen to Zetetic, he seems quite knowledgeable about all this

Zetetic

Insofar as there's treatment for the consequences of respiratory infection and your immune response, at least.

(Much as there's treatment for influenza, given that anti-virals are mostly pretty rubbish.)

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on March 15, 2020, 08:25:50 PM
hard to know what point you're making here

Only for you, you little hypocritical dreg of a man.

Zetetic

Quote from: chveik on March 15, 2020, 08:44:41 PM
and listen to Zetetic, he seems quite knowledgeable about all this
I could be a coronavirus for all you know.

weekender

I'm not sure you understand, I'm a sex robot and have been for these past 20 years ever since my account was hacked.

Zetetic

Median age of ICU admission in Lombardy supposedly 65. (Source)

Which is not that high, even assuming that heavy prioritisation is part of that.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Zetetic on March 15, 2020, 08:43:27 PM
Thankfully people over 70, famously, are extremely compliant and don't need food, water, or health or personal care (other than treatment for COVID-19) and so isolating them for a few months should be extremely easy. See also how respiratory infections (other than COVID-19), urinary tract infections and skin infections are almost unheard of in this population.

Yep this all so idealistic.  I think we are really seeing the PR as they know it is fucked, I was thinking about the optics with the two scientists either side and thought yeah there is some PR shit going on here.

There are some advantages to the UK strategy - mainly being that if immunity is fostered in low risk groups - but there are so many unknowns here in regards to Covids immunity profile and the impracticalities of keeping 20% of the population isolated for a year.

It's fucked.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Zetetic on March 15, 2020, 08:54:22 PM
Median age of ICU admission in Lombardy supposedly 65. (Source)

Which is not that high, even assuming that heavy prioritisation is part of that.

What is the median age of deaths?

pancreas

Gecko's parents are ignoring all the advice. The father thinks he's going to die of something anyway so may as well be Rona, and the mother doesn't really have the patience to think about it.

My parents seem to be similar. There's no isolating them. They'll carry on pottering over to their garden centres and coughing over the baby gear for their grandchildren.

Fuck em. Dig up Coventry and let's get those mass burials happening.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: Buelligan on March 15, 2020, 08:30:41 PM
If you're not interested in bickering with me, please stop talking about me.  Thanks.

I mentioned you on one single occasion because he has the same grievance as you and my response is the same. You won't get a reaction. Move on.