Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,405
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 900
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:48:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Instant Coffee

Started by Emma Raducanu, March 15, 2020, 08:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Crewe Alexander. What a cunt that guy is.

vanilla.coffee

Don't use milk though, it ruins it.
Use Coffee Mate.

Thursday

Not going to take advice from someone that reckons vanilla in coffee is so good it's worth naming themselves after.

But a milky coffee with two McVities Digestives dipped in (one after the other) is heaven. I enjoy cold coffee also and when I go in Wetherspoons for a shit will have a few sips from a couple of tables on the way out.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 15, 2020, 04:09:17 PM
Looks like it fell out of your Mum's arse.

Kenco Costa Rican is quite nice.

Well duh, he's showed us everything he used and made from left to right: the jar of instant grains, the finished product, his mum's arse.

flotemysost

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 15, 2020, 09:19:38 AM
Lyons number 3 coffee bags. As easy as instant,  but not for making a lovely lovely milky coffee.
I think we used to get Percol before going to the bags.

Sainsbury's do Fairtrade own brand bags, £2 for 10 I think - they're pretty decent if you let them brew for a few minutes.

However I bought a Moka pot and a milk frother (one of those manual ones requiring pneumatic handjob action) in the Lidl homeware aisle of madness a few months ago, so quarantine isn't gonna come between me and being a pretentious real coffee twat.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Thursday on March 15, 2020, 04:41:33 PM
Not going to take advice from someone that reckons vanilla in coffee is so good it's worth naming themselves after.
and what's so great about Thursday then!>?!?!??!

Dex Sawash

petril

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on March 15, 2020, 12:36:12 PM
Stop giving Nestlé money. I don't much care about the dead babies, ground-water thievery or the exploited choc/coffee farmers, I just hate The Milky Bar Kid.

EXCUSE ME SON. I'm doing my bit, I keep pronouncing it Nessles

Thursday

idunnosomename

was craig david's best shag wednesday, thursday, friday or saturday

thenoise

Oh yeah love instant coffee! I have Tesco value brand. I like to drink it with skimmed milk, a broken biscuit, and preferably a great big plate of steaming hot shit.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 15, 2020, 08:44:12 PM
was craig david's best shag wednesday, thursday, friday or saturday

Saturday, because he was getting tired of shagging by then and was looking forward to a good chill on Sunday before the eternal cycle began again on Monday. Bo.

Cuellar

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on March 15, 2020, 04:31:02 PM
Don't use milk though, it ruins it.
Use Coffee Mate.

Coffee tastes nicer with coffee mate

No it fucking well doesn't

Blinder Data

I only drink it in extremis. If I think about it as a totally distinct thing from "proper" coffee, I find it easier to enjoy.

Coffee bags though. What is all THAT about

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 15, 2020, 04:05:37 PM
Dowe Eggberts Pure Indulgence.

I haven't read that one but I did really like A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, which others would you recommend?

PlanktonSideburns

Dex Sawash

over 30c here today, going to make up another one of those shakey mum's arse deals

pigamus

The decaff one with the green square lid

Kenco, Ronco, I dunno

Dewt

Decaf instant coffee

For when you enjoy the taste of roasted MDF but don't want to get jittery

Noodle Lizard

In the US, people are especially snobby about instant coffee, even fancier variations like Keurig cups. Even some of the brokest people I know have French presses and grinders and all sorts. I've never been arsed myself - loved Nescafe in the UK, but they don't have the one I like out here. So I generally go for Trader Joe's Instant Coffee, which is $3.99 a jar and is as good as anything else.

Urinal Cake

I'm pretty sure that instant coffee foam trick is a marketing stunt by Big Coffee.

Dewt

I do actually like instant coffee. It's usually nicer than anything you get in a K-cup machine. That is a shit brewing method.

Head Gardener

imitationleather

Quote from: Dewt on March 30, 2020, 01:11:07 AM
It's usually nicer than anything you get in a K-cup

Your mum's a K-cup!

Dewt

She is! One of the reusable ones.

I just bought a plain fucking Mr. Coffee with a 12-cup jug because between my Bialetti and my Aeropress and my gooseneck and my pour-over paraphernalia and burr grinder I realized that really I just want want cheap hot shit that takes no effort to make sitting there ready for me all day, becoming slightly worse from the heater but who gives a shit because the best coffee is unpretentious and satisfying

Cuellar

The AirBnB I stayed in for 10 days in New York had a Mr Coffee and a tin of Full of Nuts or some such thing that I subsequently read is regarded as shit-tier ground coffee but I always found it pretty nice tbh

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dewt on April 29, 2020, 09:06:53 AM
She is! One of the reusable ones.

I just bought a plain fucking Mr. Coffee with a 12-cup jug because between my Bialetti and my Aeropress and my gooseneck and my pour-over paraphernalia and burr grinder I realized that really I just want want cheap hot shit that takes no effort to make sitting there ready for me all day, becoming slightly worse from the heater but who gives a shit because the best coffee is unpretentious and satisfying

A long filter coffee is nicer than an americano, which in the UK at least is usually the only way to get a basic black coffee. It's why I'd serve a coffee shop for a McDonald's a lot of the time.

I only have 2-3 cups a day though, so it's more hassle than using an aeropress twice.