Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:59:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2020

Started by buntyman, March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buntyman

Can't find a recent Kitson thread so thought I'd start a new one for this year. Subscribers to his making list will have seen that he'd lined up various live shows for this year which, like with everyone else, have been put on hold for now.
However, I was idly browsing his website and found he's put the full show of Analogue up as a video, hidden away in the archive section. Judging by the number of views, not many people seem to have found it yet. Anyway, here's a link: https://www.danielkitson.com/analogue
I think I'll watch it tomorrow

DrGreggles

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: buntyman on March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM
Can't find a recent Kitson thread so thought I'd start a new one for this year. Subscribers to his making list will have seen that he'd lined up various live shows for this year which, like with everyone else, have been put on hold for now.
However, I was idly browsing his website and found he's put the full show of Analogue up as a video, hidden away in the archive section. Judging by the number of views, not many people seem to have found it yet. Anyway, here's a link: https://www.danielkitson.com/analogue
I think I'll watch it tomorrow

Thanks so much for this, I missed the show and was gutted at the time, and can't wait to watch it now.

Sebastian Cobb

Nice one. Grabbed so it can't be disappeared before I watch it.

up_the_hampipe

Seems like (hopefully) he's building that archive collection up with some unheard/unseen recordings of his shows over the years.

godber

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 15, 2020, 01:37:13 PM
Good spot that man!

Seconded. Surprised he didn't mention it in last week's email. Also nervous it might get pulled at any point, so definitely going to catch up soon. I remember seeing this in preview at the BAC (volunteers from the audience read from scripts rather than there being tapes) then again at the National, but have no memory of what it was about!

Lost Oliver

Is there a way of downloading it before he takes it off?

I saw it at BAC and remember being really moved by it.

What I want more than anything though is a copy of Tree. Brilliance from start to finish.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Lost Oliver on March 16, 2020, 01:45:28 PM
Is there a way of downloading it before he takes it off?

I saw it at BAC and remember being really moved by it.

What I want more than anything though is a copy of Tree. Brilliance from start to finish.

I used this - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stream-video-downloader/imkngaibigegepnlckfcbecjoilcjbhf?hl=en - it's a great little programme that has helped me download a great deal of normally protected videos.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 16, 2020, 02:57:41 PM
I used this - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stream-video-downloader/imkngaibigegepnlckfcbecjoilcjbhf?hl=en - it's a great little programme that has helped me download a great deal of normally protected videos.

Annoyingly, this has completely stopped working for me recently. It still recognises there are videos there, but gives up trying to download them at 0%.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 16, 2020, 02:57:41 PM

You've no idea how much I love you SMBH.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 16, 2020, 06:42:13 PM
Annoyingly, this has completely stopped working for me recently. It still recognises there are videos there, but gives up trying to download them at 0%.

That's weird as it currently does still work for me, there are a couple of other chrome apps which might be worth giving a shot, I also have Flash Video Downloader installed if the other doesn't work.

privatefriend

There is a chrome extension called 'vimeo video downloader' that worked for me.

olliebean

If all else fails, the ever reliable youtube-dl will do the trick.

Ferris

Thank you for sharing this - I've never been able to see Kitson live for geographical reasons so this was an unexpected treat.

Edit: removing all the reasons why it was sad because a bit too personal. Still a great show! Thank you again

zomgmouse

was very keen to see him live in Melbourne but the comedy festival has been cancelled so he's not coming anymore

RIP

Quisby

Kitson live on Resonance FM now (3pm-3:30pm) - described as "test transmission for a new live series". Either problems with my internet or the streaming so it keeps cutting out but amidst the buffering he said he'd had a celeriac and steak sandwich and played Buffalo Stance.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Quisby on April 02, 2020, 03:21:21 PM
Kitson live on Resonance FM now (3pm-3:30pm) - described as "test transmission for a new live series". Either problems with my internet or the streaming so it keeps cutting out but amidst the buffering he said he'd had a celeriac and steak sandwich and played Buffalo Stance.
Wouldn't play for me either

Quisby

From the little I heard he was really just testing that he could broadcast from home and the plan is for a series either at breakfast time or late night. He doesn't usually let these shows be archived but said they would be this time under pandemic rules.

mrfridge

Fantastic news. Thanks for the heads up.

Could some kind soul attempt to record these in case they aren't archived? My previous efforts have been slightly lacklustre.

Quisby

We hope he will be on the air in a matter of days say Resonance on twitter.

phatfill

That was a really moving and interesting show which i enjoyed alot.
I knew that he was a funny stand up from what little i had seen but didn't realize Daniel Kitson is a very special and genuine artist..
Thanks for the heads up as i never thought i would get to see this.

up_the_hampipe

Judging by the very end of the trailer here, there's some filmed Kitson stand-up included in the Eugene Mirman documentary https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/it-started-as-a-joke/id1500981337

Can't see it on UK iTunes though, hoping I can get hold of it somehow.

jake thunder

Anyone got recordings of this?

cakeinmilk

It took a while but I finally found a VPN that would allow me to watch this!

cakeinmilk

To update: Kitson-wise there's a very short interview and one very short clip of crowdwork. Lovely doc though.
Spoiler alert
PM me.
[close]

Glyn

This thread reminded me that I hadn't yet watched Its Always Right Now, Until It's Later on Vimeo, so cheers for that !

Tomsidg

His breakfast show on resonance FM starts again tomorrow 7am-9am. Are any kind souls going to create a podcast feed again?

Thanks for the heads up, I'm excited to hear this!  I will try to record it, but I am having trouble recording the stream for some reason.  If anyone else is able to record it, I'd be happy to host the podcast feed again.

If anyone knows how I can configure Streamwriter to record the Resonance stream, please let me know.  Thanks!

Tomsidg

Thanks for this. Hopefully you got it to work. If not, it will be streaming on their site until midnight.

https://www.danielkitson.com/news/2020/4/19/how-many-times-do-i-have-to-tell-you-i-am-a-breakfast-radio-dj