Author Topic: Daniel Kitson 2020  (Read 9262 times)

Re: Daniel Kitson 2020
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »
Ah, thanks.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2020, 02:52:49 PM »
Those that watched last night, did DK send a link so you could watch again (or something)? We've got a ticket for tonight but would prefer to watch tomorrow evening. What was his intro like?

There is a link attached to the streaming page, I'm not sure how long it remains active for but I just checked and my one from last night is still working.

As for the intro, it was just a bit of brief rambling (an intro to the show, why he's done it this way, and a short tale about how he was riding his bike home during NHS clapping) which was fun enough but by no means essential.

Edit: Beaten to it!

« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »
That was great. The whole thing worked brilliantly. Bye!

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:31 PM »
Watched Thursday evening,  the intro worked fine then for the actual show just a big spinny wheel of waiting. Number of live viewers dropped rapidly,  I guess we all just hopped over to the non-live stream (which worked fine fortunately).

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »
Watched Thursday evening,  the intro worked fine then for the actual show just a big spinny wheel of waiting. Number of live viewers dropped rapidly,  I guess we all just hopped over to the non-live stream (which worked fine fortunately).

It worked okay for me on Thursday but I did notice the amount of live viewers fluctuated a great deal and so was wondering what was happening, and I'm glad you got to see it without any issues in the end though.

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2020, 01:30:57 AM »
Watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it. It did do a bit of buffering at points which was quite annoying as I missed a few ends of sentences as a result. It happened infrequently enough that i didn't bother moving over to the non-live stream and i also wanted to see what he had to say at the end when he returned to live mode. Not quite sure why it can't work so that your stream ends up a bit delayed at the end of the buffering rather than just skipping over a chunk of the show. He looked absolutely knackered in his intro but still made the effort to crack some jokes and give an amusing 20min lead-in that I thought justified the concept over just chucking out a youtube video. Hopefully there'll be more of this sort of thing to come.

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2020, 02:35:54 AM »
how long did he talk for at the end?

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Only a couple of minutes. In hindsight probably not worth watching a slightly unstable stream for

notjosh

• Golden Member
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
Really enjoyed it. Might actually be my favourite of his story shows. I do find his delivery a bit fast though, when I'd rather take time to soak in the details. I think this is one that would work very well as a book - preferably with lots of fold-out letters and nice bits of old paper to smell.

Tags: